Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Switch, what to expect?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
It's no secret that Nintendo still has plans on porting over WiiU games onto the Switch, and it wouldn't seem like too much of a stretch to think that Super Smash Brothers WiiU would get ported over to the new console. But it won't be just a simple port. Nintendo has said that when they port over a game, they want to give players a reason to buy it. With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Nintendo gave players new characters, new vehicle options, and a fixed battle mode with new and returning stages as well as new Battle modes.

So with that in mind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in mind, it's safe to assume Smash brothers Switch will get the same treatment. Such as all WiiU DLC will already be unlocked in the Switch Port just like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Next, we can assume that it will be getting Switch exclusive characters as well as stages. And what characters might get added? Well, they can still refer back to the Smash Ballots, as they only chose 1 character from that entire ballot(Bayonetta) and she was just in 3rd place. So perhaps we can expect some Nintendo characters as well as more 3rd party characters.

Now while those are safe to assume, we can only put all of our hopes into a new game mode. Thinking that the Switch version may get game modes like Smash Run, which was exclusive to the 3ds version, is a bit reasonable. But some of us dreamers would like to imagine that the Switch version would get a story mode, similar to SubSpace Emissary from Super Smash Brothers Brawl. And I know the reason Sakurai cut out a story mode for Smash 4, just because he knew people would upload the game's cutscenes onto youtube. But Nintendo can now easily take down any youtube video showing those cutscenes, so while its a stretch, we can still hope for a Story Mode in the Switch version.

So what do you think? What new characters and stages would you like to see added to the Switch version? Do you have an idea for a game mode they can add, or would you rather see an old game mode return from a previous game?

I predict that they'll completely merge the 3ds and wii u versions (port the 3ds stages and smash run). They will also make custom moves unlocked from the start. I do think we'll see custom moves for DLC characters (which will be included of course).

They should make more improvements for online mode and more options...

And they should also add an option to toggle stage bosses. Wily Fortress is unplayable thanks to Yellow Devil...

Reactions: Duffy and VirtulJordan
I would also like to see new characters.
You know... the usual
Snake, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Ice climbers (they have no excuse now, the 3ds isnt holding them back), WOLF, King K Rool...

Reactions: Duffy and VirtulJordan
Nintendo always releases a Super Smash bros game for the home consoles there's no doubt they will release one for the Nintendo Switch I really look forward into it ,but one thing I think they should do is probably switch some characters Nintendo should see which characters are used and which ones aren't used and should remove the moves that nobody likes or plays I really think that they should do this because most fans expect to new characters on every game if more better and cooler characters get released for Smash 5 I think it would bring back more players than before hopefully they do this so people could get the game.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
Nintendo always releases a Super Smash bros game for the home consoles there's no doubt they will release one for the Nintendo Switch I really look forward into it ,but one thing I think they should do is probably switch some characters Nintendo should see which characters are used and which ones aren't used and should remove the moves that nobody likes or plays I really think that they should do this because most fans expect to new characters on every game if more better and cooler characters get released for Smash 5 I think it would bring back more players than before hopefully they do this so people could get the game.
I agree, yet don't agree. While its true the addition of new characters is always welcomed, but why remove the characters? In your logic, Nintendo should remove the characters nobody uses, yet every character in smash 4 has someone maining them competitively. There are people who Main Olimar, Mr. Game and Watch, Dark Pit, and so on. So why get rid of characters when you can just keep the characters, but add new ones? While Brawl removed some of its characters, they all managed to come back as either Alt Costumes or DLC,(All except for Solid Snake). Then you also have characters like Samus and Zelda who had 2 forms in 1 character in Brawl, but in 4 they split into 2 characters, such as Samus and Zero Suit Samus, or Zelda and Shiek.

There's probably going to be a bit more 3rd party inclusion for the new game, and I'll bet there may be a deeper story mode in this game than others.

We all are so excited for Smash Bros on the switch but we all know we might have to wait till 2019 before it comes down from the gods, Nintendo.

But this cant stop us from discussing what it might include, along with ideas we so desperately want in the Nintendo brawler we all love.

So express what elements, features, characters and locations you want to be in the Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch!

I can't wait to see your replies!

If they bring back something like Subspace Emissary, that would be awesome. I didn't care too much for the side games they had in Smash WiiU. They were okay. I just wish they had a story mode.

If they bring back something like Subspace Emissary, that would be awesome. I didn't care too much for the side games they had in Smash WiiU. They were okay. I just wish they had a story mode.

Agreed, its been long over due for a decent story mode.

Reactions: Samster and pokerus
Probably smash switch will be a Wii u port with dlc included and then some extra characters thrown in (wolf, Ice climbers, shantae, Shrek). Also hopefully they will balance the characters (I'm looking at you, dlc characters).

Reactions: Samster
Also hopefully they will balance the characters (I'm looking at you, dlc characters).

I completely agree with you there! I mean, just wow Nintendo. Ruin Smash 3DS and Wii U for everyone by releasing unbalanced and overpowered characters. On one side, I hope they do the Smash Ballot again, because then we might have a chance to have some awesome characters in there, like Tails, Shadow The Hedgehog, or Amy. (Sorry, I'm a bit of a Sonic nerd.) On the other hand though, Nintendo might just do that, then throw some stupid character that I've never even heard of in there. (cough, cough, Bayonetta, cough, cough.)

Reactions: Duffy
I completely agree with you there! I mean, just wow Nintendo. Ruin Smash 3DS and Wii U for everyone by releasing unbalanced and overpowered characters. On one side, I hope they do the Smash Ballot again, because then we might have a chance to have some awesome characters in there, like Tails, Shadow The Hedgehog, or Amy. (Sorry, I'm a bit of a Sonic nerd.) On the other hand though, Nintendo might just do that, then throw some stupid character that I've never even heard of in there. (cough, cough, Bayonetta, cough, cough.)
Or they will throw in another popular character that had just been saved by Nintendo and the community liked and won(ish) the sash ballot (cough, cough, Bayonetta, cough, cough).
In all seriousness I think Bayo was very deserving to win, but I wish she was, uh, not broken as all heck.

Or they will throw in another popular character that had just been saved by Nintendo and the community liked and won(ish) the sash ballot (cough, cough, Bayonetta, cough, cough).
In all seriousness I think Bayo was very deserving to win, but I wish she was, uh, not broken as all heck.

Also, the fact that before Nintendo patched it after three months after her release, if she grabbed you at 30%, instant KO. I learned that the hard way. 46 times.

Also, the fact that before Nintendo patched it after three months after her release, if she grabbed you at 30%, instant KO. I learned that the hard way. 46 times.
Before the patch she had like 5 ways to get a 0%-to-kill combo. That's insane. It was so easy to do, the low level CPUs could do it. I feel like you should never be able to combo that hard that you can go from a completely new stock to dead that fast... Like that's meta knight in brawl type of over powered.

Its in the title, you already know why your here. Lets stop beating around the bush and get right into the discussion! Smash bros 5 is inevitable, And it will probably come to Nintendo's newest console. The Nintendo switch. With the switch technology, We could see some pretty cool stuff with smash bros switch. So lets discuss what we think smash bros switch could have in the comments section of this post. See you there!

I really hope smash bros Switch will have some new and improved modes, Like something better than smash tour. I also hope they bring back the subspace emissary from Super smash bros brawl or something equally as good. Maybe they could make some new and improved final smashes that are unique and don't use a giant lazer. I also hope that there if they decide to keep clone characters, At least make them slightly different then the original character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Duffy
I really hope smash bros Switch will have some new and improved modes, Like something better than smash tour. I also hope they bring back the subspace emissary from Super smash bros brawl or something equally as good. Maybe they could make some new and improved final smashes that are unique and don't use a giant lazer. I also hope that there if they decide to keep clone characters, At least make them slightly different then the original character.
I agree, subspace emissary was amazing. I want more Villain characters! There are only like 5 bad guys in smash 4!

Now that you mention it, There isnt really a lot of villain characters. Can you count donkey kong as a villain though, Because of mario's first appearance in a game and he was the villain. But Nintendo needs to add more villains. My ideal number is 15 villains.

yo what if they merged smash 4 on 3ds and wii u into a game as a side project, and made smash 5. then they sell both games individually, but also make a game cart with both games on it. Then the sales of both games wouldn't kill each other as much, as most people would buy the version with both games on it. (both games for $90 or $100 dollars rather than $120)

I think both versions of the game, wii u and 3ds, have amazing content that is not shared to the other version. I mean, nintendo 3ds version of the game has the spirit tracks stage which is absent on the wii u version of the game. So, I would expect that the two versions collide in the new switch smash. Anyway, I also expect that this time the game has some sort of story mode, just like the one Super smash bros brawl has. There is another thing I would expect, and that is propper network servers for the game.

This is more what I want than what to expect but eh it's possible.
  • New characters and maybe one character not in Smash 4 to bring back like Pichu or one Pokémon Trainer Mon or Wolf.
  • A new gameplay mechanic similar to wavedashing or L-canceling from 64.
  • Some new gimmicky mode like Smash Tour or that Smash equivalent of Angry Birds.
  • The ability to upload MP3s as music for custom stages.
  • One unlockable character that takes forever to get like Game and Watch from Melee or Sonic from Brawl.

Back