Bravely Default So how bad is Bravely Default?

• Thread starter 8150
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Despair
Towns Folk
So I'm considering getting Bravely Default. From the looks of it, it's an amazing rpg, with many talking about how much they loved it...up until the second half. After looking it up, I find that
you essentially are playing through the same chapter 4 times just for the good end
So with that in mind, I'm hesitating on getting it. Can anyone who's played through to the true ending tell me how bad this this, or if it's not a big deal?

It's something like replaying some stories due to time travel scheme. I know it's pretty bad, since you already know how to defeat this and that. Well, you can open previously locked chests :p

Still, overall, the game is pretty good. The characterizations and the soundtrack is well-made.

(oh and the level design is a bit broken).

just play till the part where it you know..that and then come back to it later, all in all it isnt even that bad having to do that plus the grinding is super easy and the classic job system is extremely fun

I haven't completed the game yet (I'm bad, I know), but from what I've played of it so far, it's actually really fun and nice. The grinding can get boring if you have to do it, but when doesn't it? xD There's a demo of it on the eShop if you want to try it before you buy it, and there's bonuses you can transfer to the full game too if you complete it, so there's that too.

I haven't heard anything about the second half from people that have completed it though, so it must've been adequate enough for them. *shrug*

I haven't completed the game yet (I'm bad, I know), but from what I've played of it so far, it's actually really fun and nice. The grinding can get boring if you have to do it, but when doesn't it? xD There's a demo of it on the eShop if you want to try it before you buy it, and there's bonuses you can transfer to the full game too if you complete it, so there's that too.

I haven't heard anything about the second half from people that have completed it though, so it must've been adequate enough for them. *shrug*
You could say that most people forgive the bad part of Bravely Default. Everything else is so amazing: the characters (especially duo Edea and Ringabel), the music (Revo), the difficulty (when you don't break the level design, of course - the same issue happened with Final Fantasy Tactics), and those cool jobs.

I'm not going to say I have good taste in games (which other parts of the internet would definitely agree with if I said that I enjoyed Call of Duty: Ghost) but I'm willing to give the game a try. Bravely Default and The Legend of Legacy are the 2 best JRPGs I've played and even though I have my doubts about both, I'm willing to give both a shot.

I'm not going to say I have good taste in games (which other parts of the internet would definitely agree with if I said that I enjoyed Call of Duty: Ghost) but I'm willing to give the game a try. Bravely Default and The Legend of Legacy are the 2 best JRPGs I've played and even though I have my doubts about both, I'm willing to give both a shot.
just like how LOL isnt a bad game, CoD isnt a bad one either the people around it are extremists that's what makes the game look like sheet, i mean really if there was a shiny object sitting in the middle of a 20 km by 20 km field filled with maggots and human feces you wouldn't think that shiny object is a diamond now would you?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm considering getting Bravely Default. From the looks of it, it's an amazing rpg, with many talking about how much they loved it...up until the second half. After looking it up, I find that
you essentially are playing through the same chapter 4 times just for the good end
So with that in mind, I'm hesitating on getting it. Can anyone who's played through to the true ending tell me how bad this this, or if it's not a big deal?
I'd say get it as a Bravely Default veteran and someone who has gotten a friend to play the game I have to say I see where you're coming from but, that shouldn't stop you from buying the game. The later half can become frustrating but, you still have a lot of fun with the game and the final boss is well worth playing through the atrocious second half so buy it.

I really enjoyed Bravely Default!
But a played it in a spawn of 6 months... :p so basically repeating everything was better to bear.
Also, you have the option to disable random encounters and in this way the second part of the game is more like a sequence of boss rushes - well, 4 times almost the same boss rush, but whatever - it's also a good way to max out characters and to prepare for the final boss, who wasn't so difficult to beat, after all.
There are also the super bosses of Norende, obtained via Wi-Fi, a good way to break the monotony of the game.

ITS AWESOME. I really love it and I cant wait for Bravely Second (if they make it lol)

I really enjoyed Bravely Default!
But a played it in a spawn of 6 months... :p so basically repeating everything was better to bear.
Also, you have the option to disable random encounters and in this way the second part of the game is more like a sequence of boss rushes - well, 4 times almost the same boss rush, but whatever - it's also a good way to max out characters and to prepare for the final boss, who wasn't so difficult to beat, after all.
There are also the super bosses of Norende, obtained via Wi-Fi, a good way to break the monotony of the game.
Sweet I'm glad you enjoyed it. It really is a great game and now I'm just waiting for Bravely Second

So quick update last I heard back in Feb. of last year Bravely Second End of Layer was supposed to have a release date of April 23rd in the US but that obviously got pushed back super far and as I recall (although I missed most of it) there wasn't any mention of it at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back