Xenoblade X So, which mecha will you choose in Xenoblade X?

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
(This thread was needed. Plus, it helps me waste time until I get the chance to pre-order the game (Geez, Amazon France can be such a pain!) :D)

The title says all. Xenoblade X has Skells (such name... I'd rather use Dolls or mechas instead.), and they're quite expensive in the game (1st one is free though) to get and repair (though you will be able to get "tickets" for free repairs).
Oh, and you'll also have to look out for your fuel, as arts and moving around will empty the fuel gauge.

In case you weren't aware of that, there are 3 types of Skells:
-the "Light" type, doesn't like taking a lot of damage, but apparently, is quite fast (Formula, Wels)
-the "Medium" type, as you guess, it is balanced (nothing too special normally). (Urban, Inferno, Lailah)
-the "Heavy" type, slow attacks, tons of HP (Mastema, Amdusias)

Also, to those wondering: Skells won't make the game "easier". They did some balancing to make tougher foes appear when you use them (It's Monolith Soft, what did you expect ?) ;)

Anyway, to make the wait easier to "survive" (for people who can't withstand their hype anymore (ie. Me)), feel free to post which one you'll use !

(PS: I feel like this thread will be useful once the NA+EU servers will be up)

Last edited:
(This thread was needed. Plus, it helps me waste time until I get the chance to pre-order the game (Geez, Amazon France can be such a pain!) :D)

The title says all. Xenoblade X has Skells (such name... I'd rather use Dolls or mechas instead.), and they're quite expensive in the game (1st one is free though) to get and repair (though you will be able to get "tickets" for free repairs).
Oh, and you'll also have to look out for your fuel, as arts and moving around will empty the fuel gauge.

In case you weren't aware of that, there are 3 types of Skells:
-the "Light" type, doesn't like taking a lot of damage, but apparently, is quite fast (Formula, Wels)
-the "Medium" type, as you guess, it is balanced (nothing too special normally). (Urban, Inferno, Lailah)
-the "Heavy" type, slow attacks, tons of HP (Mastema, Amdusias)

Also, to those wondering: Skells won't make the game "easier". They did some balancing to make tougher foes appear when you use them (It's Monolith Soft, what did you expect ?) ;)

Anyway, to make the wait easier to "survive" (for people who can't withstand their hype anymore (ie. Me)), feel free to post which one you'll use !

(PS: I feel like this thread will be useful once the NA+EU servers will be up)
I think I would go for the medium type! I like well balanced things, they always get you to no disadvantages, so you can practically face any enemy. It really does depend on your method of play style, its very important to choose the right type of skells apparently. I think that that that will help you out on the long run, a well balanced character with no flaws nor advantages. I can't wait for this game! Ugh, its releasing on December, that's too long!

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Heavy type for me. I love things that do tons of damage. But, I'll probably play around with the "Light" type, too. It looks fun

I didn't know it was so expensive to keep up a Skell in the game. I thought you just flew around & beat stuff up. But, you have to pay for fuel, repairing, etc. I didn't see that coming :eek:

Regardless, they still look fun. Expensive to use or not ;3

What Skell do you choose, @D4rkDragon?

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Heavy type for me. I love things that do tons of damage. But, I'll probably play around with the "Light" type, too. It looks fun

I didn't know it was so expensive to keep up a Skell in the game. I thought you just flew around & beat stuff up. But, you have to pay for fuel, repairing, etc. I didn't see that coming :eek:

Regardless, they still look fun. Expensive to use or not ;3

What Skell do you choose, @D4rkDragon?

Definitely Light typed ones... I'm still wondering which one I should choose between Wels and Formula though :D !
(I mean, with all the customization the game has to offer, I wonder which one fits my taste ?)

Heh, yep, they did plan everything at Monolith Soft. But, this is a JRPG, so, I suppose you're meant to have tons of cash by the end of the game (like in 75% of JRPGs), so this should be fine if you pilot your Skell correctly. As for the fuel (Miranium if I'm not wrong), I think you can them all over the world (since the game warns you when you find a place where you can get Miranium (Just like Splendid Views/Landmarks, it should appear on the gamepad as far as I've heard). Finally, for repairs, apparently, you can get repair tickets for free through some quests apparently.

As for the price of the Skells, I haven't seen much (don't want to spoil the game), but I thought most of them were around 10000000+ G (or whatever the in-game currency's name is). Quite expensive indeed.

(Yes, I'm not that tanky guy. I'm more that "hit fast and hit hard, but don't get hurt" guy)

I gotta go medium. I can't really pull off the "glass cannon" style, as I always seem to get killed anyway. Being tanky isn't an option as well, since I can get kinda impatient and slow attacks would just annoy me. As for the upkeep and the costly pay for using them will probably turn me off from them. I just don't want to deal with unneeded stress of repairing and fueling my mech only to have it break or run out of fuel when I need it most. I hope the fuel will be as abundant as you say, so that I might feel inclined to use the mechs more, but right now, I'm iffy on my feelings of them.

personally i would get a meduim type.I would love tons of HP but slow movement is just a no in playing a game abput killing monsters and exploring.I would get a speed type but if i get attacked I would probably get Blip over.Normal of Meduim type would just balance it off and just help.

Back