Mario Kart Some tips in mario kart 7 for newbies

• Thread starter Master Mario
  • Start date
Master Mario

Master Mario

It's-a-me, Mario!
Towns Folk
I will be talking about Mario kart 7 in this post so if you want other Mario stuff like and comment.

Coins:

You might think that coins are not useful but it is. In Mario Kart 7 coins makes you go faster.
The maximum coins you can have is 10.

Drifting:

Drifting is important ( to do it hold down the R button)
When you drift some blue flame looking things are at your wheel ( I might sound Noobie but I just don't know what to call it). When it turns red release and it will give you a boost.
You can do this over curves and turns.

Starting boost:

If you really new you won't know how to do this. At the start, there will be a countdown, To get the perfect boost you wait until the '2' number appears and just before it goes to one hold down the 'A' button and it should boost you.

I guess that's it for this post.
Next time.

I got lazy :(

It's also worth noting that when drifting, intitially there are no flames. Then, after a bit, there are blue flames, which still give you a small boost. Then, of course, waiting until it's red boosts you more.

(And if my own experience is anything to go by, during Grand Prix, there's always that one computer player who drives way faster than everyone else, and most often you'll have to narrowly pull in front of them to make first place on lap 3. )

Pro Tip: Just hit an item box, but you're super impatient? Hit the item launch button repeatedly, and the item slot will stop sooner.

Semi-pro Tip: To throw an item behind you, hold the circle pad in the 'down' direction while using it.

Back