Sould Young Link be DLC?

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date

Should Young Link be DLC?

• Young Link will Return in "Time" (Yes)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Young Link will stay alone (No)

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
image.jpeg
So we all know that we have some DLC characters that people want and this is one of them. Although it may not be DLC for the 3DS and Wii U Smash Game but it may end up one Super Smash Bros. Switch. As I mentioned in a previous thread Snake from the Metal Gear Series could be added and it's possible.It also depends on which Young Link but I hope it's Majora's Mask Link. But the question is Should Young Link be DLC?
I'll have a move set I made listed below on how it could work.(This is a Majora's Mask Move set)[3DS based]

• A/A Up/A Left/ A Right/A Down = Sword Slash
  • B = Slingshot
(I'm Not sure but Young Link Would need to Quickly put his masks on for these 3 moves)
  1. B Left/Right = Deku Spin Attack
  2. B Up = Zora Spin Jump
  3. B Down = Goron Roll
  • L = Hookshot Grab (Just like Link)
  • R = Shield
  • Final Smash = Fierce Deity Link (But there are 2 ways for this to work. 1. It's an automatic Smash Attack or 2. It's like Wario where you can control him for a short time.)
  • Automatic Smash Attack can be Fierce Deity Link repeatedly Slashing or...
  • Controllable Smash( Here's move set)
  • B = Sword Slash with Sword Beam (Like Cloud)
  • B Up/Down/Left/Right = Some type of Sword Attack (Not too sure for them)
So let me know what you guys think and if it sounds good.And Also vote if you'd like.

Reactions: Mizunil
I would love to see this be implemented as I had to wait forever to get Smash Melee to play as Young Link >.< But he feels different from Link rather than toon link just literally being a clone with barely any differences. Also there's already a mod for smash Wii u for young link as a character which shows there's still some people out there who want him back.

Reactions: Dark Link
I don't think Young Link should be DLC if he returns to Super Smash Bros. Switch he's like one of the most loved character although he only made it to Melee and was left out on Brawl and 3DS/Wii U Smash he should come back for the Nintendo Switch and replace Dog Hunt,R.O.B,Olimar, and Mr.Game&Watch honestly nobody uses these characters anymore I never really liked them when I played Smash 3DS/Wii U and when I played Brawl in my friends Wii ,but not anymore.

Last edited:
Honestly myself I don't want to see young link or toon link in the game as I don't really think it adds diversity to the roster. I don't want the smash roster to become like the mario kart roster where there's a ton of versions for every character that people don't care too much about.

One thing I thought of was if it was similar to the pokemon trainer where you could switch pokemon with down b but instead masks

That would be cool if they added him as DLC.
But it would be a bit much to have 3 different links. I think it would
be better if Young Link was a reskin for Toonlink

I feel like the move set you provided for him does sound different and unique
then the other Links. But I think if they did do that, they would remove Toon Link.

Either way, I wouldn't mind if they added him, aslong as there's more new characters
that are completely different.

Honestly myself I don't want to see young link or toon link in the game as I don't really think it adds diversity to the roster. I don't want the smash roster to become like the mario kart roster where there's a ton of versions for every character that people don't care too much about.
I am hurt.

Reactions: Dark Link, Arshan, Dowhat? and 1 other person
Yes, yes, one thousand times, YES!!! I absolutly LOVED Young Link in Super Smash Bros Melee. In fact, he might be my favorite character in that game. Also, very nice move set @Dark Link! Looking good!

Reactions: Dark Link and Dowhat?
Eh, I wouldn’t mind. I think most of the previous fighters who aren’t in sm4sh should have come back, so I wouldn’t mind young link.

No thanks. Not every Smash game needs to feature every character, I would much rather see a new Zelda representative added. I loved playing as Young Link in Melee, but three Links in one game is too much. I would be okay with him replacing Toon Link in the next Smash game, rotating the roster for side characters is in my opinion a good thing.

I also don't want a Zelda character to be DLC.

But isn't Toon Link just young Link with a more colorful appearance? (I'd say more likely, we could see Lana, or Girahim as characters.)

As much as I liked using Young Link in Melee if they did bring him back I think they'd keep him the same with minor differences like they did with Roy because changing how YL plays would make him harder to pick up. Besides I think we have a general idea of how Zelda should be represented in Smash. What we already have on the roster besides YL is fun by me.

No. Unless, UNLESS they make it Majora's Mask Young Link, with mask switching. This isn't possible in the Smash 4 engine though, so it's a no from me until Smash 5 makes it a possibility.

Nah, man

Meh, maybe if he was given an original moveset; i.e. maybe using some masks to fight his opponents with. I don't want to have to buy basically the same character as one I get with the game. :/

Back