Space eating games

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I got the Wii U Deluxe system with 32 GB of memory. When I got it I was thinking to myself "wow I can download a bunch of stuff on this". Little did I know how wrong I was. The Wii U had two games pre-installed: Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land. So with those two combined was about 10 GB (rough estimate), and I didn't really know that at the time. Then when CN Platinum rewards came out, I got DKC: Tropical Freeze. As it downloaded I noticed the space it took up: 10.1 GB. That's fat. So about 10 GB of my Wii U's space went to 3 games. It really confused me, at the time I was thinking since Splatoon was only gonna be 1.8 GB maybe other Wii U games would've been a tad bit more spacious. Underestimated, greatly. And from what I've heard, Zeno blade X is going to be about 25 GB :0. Wii U games are better off as physical copies instead of digital, now that I see the game sizes..

I don't quite know what you expected when you started to download full titles on the console, but you can always expand the storage capacity with an external HD. I would recommend going big. Nintendo even recommends it on their site.

I got the Wii U Deluxe system with 32 GB of memory. When I got it I was thinking to myself "wow I can download a bunch of stuff on this". Little did I know how wrong I was. The Wii U had two games pre-installed: Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land. So with those two combined was about 10 GB (rough estimate), and I didn't really know that at the time. Then when CN Platinum rewards came out, I got DKC: Tropical Freeze. As it downloaded I noticed the space it took up: 10.1 GB. That's fat. So about 10 GB of my Wii U's space went to 3 games. It really confused me, at the time I was thinking since Splatoon was only gonna be 1.8 GB maybe other Wii U games would've been a tad bit more spacious. Underestimated, greatly. And from what I've heard, Zeno blade X is going to be about 25 GB :0. Wii U games are better off as physical copies instead of digital, now that I see the game sizes..

Indeed, though Xeno X is 23GB according to people in Japan (okay, considering their writings, we can assume the NA and EU will get a "fattened" version due to the way we write), but as @Starforce said, Nintendo encourages you to use an external hard disk that can output data fairly well (I don't recall how many Mb/s was needed, but considering we're speaking about USB 2.0 or 3.0, we should be around 20/30 Mb/s in read state, so most of the external HDDs are okay anyway...)

Also, hence why I buy my Wii U games physically :D The only digital game I have is Metroid Prime Trilogy (around 7GB), and it took like decades to download anyway, so, stick to physical if you can. Use digital only as a last resort or for eShop games (VC; Indie games, DLCs or eShop-only stuff).

32GB nowadays is way too small anyway.

Indeed, though Xeno X is 23GB according to people in Japan (okay, considering their writings, we can assume the NA and EU will get a "fattened" version due to the way we write), but as @Starforce said, Nintendo encourages you to use an external hard disk that can output data fairly well (I don't recall how many Mb/s was needed, but considering we're speaking about USB 2.0 or 3.0, we should be around 20/30 Mb/s in read state, so most of the external HDDs are okay anyway...)

Also, hence why I buy my Wii U games physically :D The only digital game I have is Metroid Prime Trilogy (around 7GB), and it took like decades to download anyway, so, stick to physical if you can. Use digital only as a last resort or for eShop games (VC; Indie games, DLCs or eShop-only stuff).

32GB nowadays is way too small anyway.
Yea I think I've come to the conclusion that the eShop would be better for buying VC or DLC content. I had a 32 GB SD Card on my 3DS and I was able to download games like Smash, Alpha Sapphire, Luigi's Mansion, and Metroid II, and I still had a bunch of leftover space. I didn't think the Wii U's games were THAT big in the first place. And I don't have a spare SD Card to download. I'm going to start buying Wii U games on physical lol.

Xenoblade Chronices X and Smash U can't even be downloaded on a raw Deluxe Wii u :p rip memory

As it downloaded I noticed the space it took up: 10.1 GB. That's fat.
Your diction made me kek a little. :hilarious:

Both Wii U and 3DS games are better suited in physical form (Wii U more so, obviously). One of the Assassin's Creed games also totals up to a little more than 25 gigs as well. The basic white Wii U on its own wouldn't be able to take that. This kind of dilemma makes me hope that Nintendo will get the memory memo when NX comes around.

When I read your topic, I thought you meant a game about eating space, like, I don't know, a giant cat chewing planets and it caught my attention ._.

Anyway, this topic is quite old isn't it? XD

Reactions: 3905
Anyway, this topic is quite old isn't it? XD
Off-topic, but whateves lol xD

It's fine to resurrect old topics, just not a bunch of 'em, let alone all at once. :|

Tbh, I get all of my games physically so I don't accidentally delete something :panda: But now that I know this,I'll definitively buy most of my games physically lol.If only digital games didn't take this long...

I was shocked to discover how much space Smash 4, MK8, and Wind Waker HD took up on the console. I was quite glad to have the physical version for all of these except Wind Waker. My friend had one of the original 8 GB WiiUs, so that was a real nightmare for him when trying to do anything digitally.

Back