Spectating revealed on splatoon 2

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
On youtube a came across a video that showed that spectating is now possible on splatoon two. This has to be one of the biggest improvements on splatoon because splatoon being a very competitive game has had a lot of tournaments in the past. So with this feature tournaments won't be so costly with setup as I infer that each television used for the tournament would need it's individual capture card which I can imagine can be expensive. Also being able to spectate can make it possible for people to do online tournaments with friends which can be pretty useful

Source video:

Reactions: Mikaya and Starry Windy
That will be cool

Wow, that's nice! I for one, wanted to see how the others play Splatoon 2 when I'm at it, so I can watch how other Inklings play just for fun. Plus, this can make broadcasting the Splatoon tourney on TV or live streaming much easier as well (considering that they have to set 8 Wii U capture cards back then on the first game), and because they can switch Inklings on-the-fly, the broadcast can have more dynamic experience.

Finally, what Splatoon gamers have been waiting for! I personally would make use of this system, to see how highly-skilled clans play competitively. Just a nice break from actually playing the game yourself, you could possibly pick up some new tactics/tips from other players, So it's a win-win situation. It's like a live-stream on Twitch, but you can actually access it on the game itself. xD

This is actually really nice!! I looked up A LOT of videos when I first started Splatoon to actually learn some weapon strategies and whatnot. I even had a friend make a video for me because she was SUPER good at the bucket and paintbrush and I wished I could be that good with those weapons. It was annoying to switch to my phone mid-game session so this would basically just save me a device hassle, which is always nice.

I think that the addition of a spectator mode is a wonderful addition to the series, and one that, in my opinion, was woefully missing form the original. It seems like a great fit for the series, one that allows new players to pick up some tips from players who are (hopefully) more experienced than them.

Back