Splatoon 2 Splatoon 2's Marina and Pearl

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've noticed a lot of images going around the web of Marina and Pearl. It seems they're the new Callie and Marie for Splatoon. At first I just thought Marina was fan art the first time I saw her, :eek:

DELCJZzW0AE6ta5.jpg

Marina :

DELCHjcXYAAqY7U.jpg

Pearl :

DELCIgNXkAAhL0l.jpg

How do you feel about Callie and Marie being replaced? (if they are being replaced by these characters).

I was caught by surprise when Marina and Pearl are revealed in the latest Splatoon 2 Direct even though I was wondering who will fill the role of The Squid Sisters' screen announcements after seeing the Single Player trailer. Marina and Pearl surely have a different vibe as they are somewhat more wild, personality wise, compared to The Squid Sisters. And I didn't noticed it earlier, but I saw some pointed out that Marina is an Octoling compared to Pearl which is an Inkling.

I really love Marina's design. I don't have to specify why.

Reactions: Samster
I thought Octolings were the sworn enemy of the Inklings. Why is there an Octo on stage?

I love the fact Marina is an Octoling. I hope they touch on that fact in the game. I know big story elements isn't Splatoon's thing but just a little tidbit of info would be nice.

I don't mind that they're replacing the Squid Sisters, mainly because the sisters still have a role in the game. If they were removed completely, then I'd be a little salty maybe.

Plus, the designs of these new characters are top notch. Pearl truly looks like a bratty princess, and Marina looks so sweet and kind. They truly fit the personalities.

I think it was time for a change, even though Callie/Marie had a good run, and many are upset they will not returning as hosts. It's still nice to see Marie back in a different role, not sure about Callie, I think she sided with the Octolings? That's the rumour that's been going around.

I'm intrigued by Marina though, seeming as she's a species of Octoling, which are labelled as enemies in Inkopolis. Maybe they're finally introducing diversity in terms of hosts. She's a cute character and seems fun-loving and much to offer. I like her design. I look forward to see what she brings to the table.

As for Pearl, I see her as a little sister figure. The crown on her head is a nice touch, and suits her well. Although she's short, she shouldn't be judged so quickly. I'm not sure why she has so many haters. She comes across as an innocent character and her design is not too 'out there'. She seems like a caring and lovable character.

Reactions: Chronal
Oh, I could go on and on and on about how I like my sweet Marina. <3

I’m so glad Nintendo replaced the Sauid Sisters with Pearl and Marina. Callie and Marie were cool, but I think veeryone was ready for a change when Spla2n finally rolled around. It’s great that they kept Callie and Marie in the single player campaign mode, cause that way, they weren’t gone for good. Tbh, Pearl and Marina are way better hosts for the news show then Callie and Marie were. :p

I really like Pearl and Marina and a lot more than Callie and Marie. I never played tje Splatoon games but I like their designs.

Reactions: Samster
I really like Pearl and Marina a lot more than Callie and Marie.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Truer words have never been spoken.
:eek: Did you just retype what I said? You mispelt your favorite Octoling Marina's name in your quote!

Back