Splurge

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I realized if Nintendo starts billing all online services, it'll cost way too much to stay on
as much as I did before... Should I get all I can before they do, or relax.
(Hopefully they don't bill on everything, but if they do, I wanna know if I should
rush everything I planned to do/buy ect.)
I also hope that I'm playing Breath Of The Wild for Wii U, during the time...

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that once the free trial for online Switch play dies that it will be a subscription fee you pay every month. At no more than 50 dollars a year (potentially monthly payments???), besides it's not like you have to have online play. You can still play games such as Breath Of The Wild without said feature. Besides, that's why I am so happy Nintendo is giving a free trial, that way you can see for yourself whether or not the subscription is worth it. So, I think you should wait for the free trial once the Switch comes out and see for yourself.

Also if you go by the Japan prices, it will only be around 20-30 dollars a year. I was originally thrown off when i heard they were charging for online, but if it's this cheap i don't think it will be a problem. At least for me. I don't understand what you mean by billing all online services. It will be one yearly/monthly cost that encompasses everything. If you buy the service you'll have full online capability for everything until you cancel your subscription.

Reactions: Kakea and etrian_warrior
Also if you go by the Japan prices, it will only be around 20-30 dollars a year. I was originally thrown off when i heard they were charging for online, but if it's this cheap i don't think it will be a problem. At least for me. I don't understand what you mean by billing all online services. It will be one yearly/monthly cost that encompasses everything. If you buy the service you'll have full online capability for everything until you cancel your subscription.
Bottom line, put two dollars in a jar every month. Don't empty said jar until Christmas each year. BOOM! Switch subscription paid. Increase price as necessary depending on actual cost.

Reactions: Kakea
The Nintendo Switch online service would cost between 2,000 yen and 3,000 yen per year, putting it in the $17–$26 range. Not that much, stop complaining

Reactions: etrian_warrior
It's considerably cheaper than other online subscriptions, so I'm not particularly bothered. Maintaining servers costs money.

It's considerably cheaper than other online subscriptions, so I'm not particularly bothered. Maintaining servers costs money.
I wish it was going to servers but it isn't. Some sources have confirmed this. It is going to their cups of coffee and the Wii U costs they have to cover.

I assumed they were going to charge you for even owning it, then everytime you use the service, the price rockets up...

It appears as if it will be quite a bit cheaper than, say, Xbox Live (which costs $60/year). This is nice for me, as a year of the Nintendo Online service appears as if it will cost $29.99/year. It seems that Nintendo makes a point of selling pretty much everything at a lower rate than their competitors.

Back