SPOILER:Leaked Images from Smash Bros shows PALUTENA a playable character?

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

The rumour mill is back in full force once again, and this time it concerns leaked images of an unannounced Super Smash Bros.character. The Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus series, Palutena, has apparently made her debut on the 3DS version of the game. Seen in a screenshot with Mario, taken directly on the 3DS, she’s outlined in black, which would lead us to believe she could be a playable character.

As always this information shouldn’t be taken too seriously until we have solid proof from Sakurai himself, however, Mario’s current stance has never been seen in screens before, and as for Palutena the above image has not been used from stock images of Kid Icarus: Uprising. The background is also of notable merit with it reflecting the game’s battlefield on the 3DS. Let us know what you think of the images in the comments below.

CpC9YOh.jpg

OFjZtxK.jpg

Reactions: Kaynil, 423 and 3dsatackman
Hmm... If it's going to be real, then that would make her the 1st Assist Character (From Pit's Final Smash in Brawl) to become a playable character.

Also, she has got a very good design on that picture.
Now, we can only wait and see.

Not sure if it's true or not. A video would probably convince me.

The rumour mill is back in full force once again, and this time it concerns leaked images of an unannounced Super Smash Bros.character. The Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus series, Palutena, has apparently made her debut on the 3DS version of the game. Seen in a screenshot with Mario, taken directly on the 3DS, she’s outlined in black, which would lead us to believe she could be a playable character.

As always this information shouldn’t be taken too seriously until we have solid proof from Sakurai himself, however, Mario’s current stance has never been seen in screens before, and as for Palutena the above image has not been used from stock images of Kid Icarus: Uprising. The background is also of notable merit with it reflecting the game’s battlefield on the 3DS. Let us know what you think of the images in the comments below.

CpC9YOh.jpg

OFjZtxK.jpg
She could very well be an assist trophy, but in any case it's good to see her in the game like this. I think the model could look a bit better though, but we'll see what happens there (this could be a beta for all we know)

whoa ?! who's she ?
they could make the person look better lol

I don't like to trust any non-credible source concerning these types of things other than Nintendo. This is exactly like the Nintendo Fusion rumor, although the specifications the people made who started the rumor are very intricate, yet I don't trust it. Same with this. I'll believe it when I see it (in the actual game).

I don't like to trust any non-credible source concerning these types of things other than Nintendo. This is exactly like the Nintendo Fusion rumor, although the specifications the people made who started the rumor are very intricate, yet I don't trust it. Same with this. I'll believe it when I see it (in the actual game).
Well you never know. There was that leaker for Pokemon X/Y who basically gave away a lot of accurate details about the game back in summer 2013. Sometimes, it can be accurate. In any case, Sakurai is yet to deny this rumor and put some Kid Icarus stage screenshots when this rumor was circulating. Who knows? It could be possible

hrmmmmm, I'm going to call fake on this. She looks too perfect and the art style don't match marios. Also who would have the game to leak this?

The outline in Palutena in the first shot just can't finish to convince me, there is something funny. Maybe is just the shot but it seems kind of choppy around her hair and the shield.

In the second image someone was using the squared eraser and accidentally chopped off a square from her hair flowing just under her extended baton.

I also find funny (for no particular reason) the leakage comes from a Golden (I suppose Zelda XL) 3DS.

I think these images could be from the Kid Icarus game, stylised a bit for the montage and used the "outline" in Photoshop with some transparency. If I still had Photoshop I'd counter trying to forfeit an image announcing Young Link is back to kick some <censored> by stealing some frame from OoT 3D.

Of course there is also the part of me who is afraid of making a ridicule by later on being revealing these were actually real images, but meh, that is my honest impression. The outline suggest it is a 2D image with a border and not a 3D model with active comic style outline border.

Also who would have the game to leak this?
Probably someone on the inside that doesn't want to explicitly reveal himself. Could be kinda similar to the pokeleaks from months and months ago. With that said, I agree on the art style, and that's what's been bugging me about it....something about Palutena's face seems a bit...off.

I think it's probably fake. Magnus would fit Smash better imho.

Or it's an assist trophy.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
looks great.. maybe a video will answer this if true or not

Well considering Kid Icarus only has Pit to support it and Sakurai helped make KIU, Palutena could be playable. It's like that Ness/Jigglypuff picture I've seen before but this one looks real. You'll never know until you play it or when that character gets revealed. I thought it could be an assist trophy the first time I seen it but it doesn't make sense to me.

Looks fake in my opinion but if it's real then she would probably be an enjoyable character.

Hmm. I wonder if this was fake then that means Palutena could've came from a KI:U Idol.

I believe that Palutena may be in SSB4. Look at her staff.

This is more in general but there are possible fake/real character photos for characters such as these:
I think this one is fake:
Now this one... His shadow argument seems invalid because we know that the shadow can be removed. I'm sure people have found other ways that this one is a fake however.

Sorry for the dp but I found some fascinating stuff on Google images.
Mewtwo for Smash? If Mega Char is only the X one then maybe Mewtwo represents the Y form. Pardon the French.
4df03fdc-1d4f-4d73-b591-e702d4fd28f9_zpscb2e7e52.jpg
This was found in the Megaman reveal.
maxresdefault.jpg
This is Project M, not SSB4 obviously.
maxresdefault.jpg
The quality is lowered a bit for a bigger image but if you look closely you can see that this Mario model matches the one on the right.
scL2fUV.jpg
Some other possibly fake stuff. Not sure who's in the upper right corner of the second pic.
89kv.jpg
1GbokeV.png
I want to know your thoughts. (Mewtwo confirmed!)

@Artisan: I don't want to crush your dream of having Mewtwo in SSB4, that's something I would also like, but actually, Sakurai didn't even gave a hint leading to the fact we'll have him. However, the Mega-Evolution theory might be right.

And actually, there's a lot of characters we all want that won't make it to the roster, sadly :(, so we'll have to wait for mods, if there will be ever one made for the 3DS and that won't need that illegal cartridge I won't tell the name.

Possible evidence to believe a Choir Boy/Kid might be announced. This video was from a legit playthrough that's on IGN:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/12/super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2014
Real or Fake? I'll say I'm gullible.
And since Little Mac was an assist trophy as well as Isaac in SSBB I think it's a stretcher to believe he'll be in because I don't remember him being an assist trophy in SSB4 and at about 3:52 in this video Sakurai said this (check video)...

Thoughts?

Back