1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Stupidest Thing You've Had to Memorize or Learn at School (;-_-)

Discussion in 'Academic Discussions' started by Shukurimu, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Shukurimu

Shukurimu (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ 私に深瀬を呼ぶ !!!! Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    166 coins
    We have to learn the dimensions of a Pickleball court in PE this week...

Even if Pickleball like spikes in popularity or something... Just why..

You don't need this information so I just find these classes ridiculous.

But I have to keep a 4.0 average and have been working hard for it so.. Whatchya gonna do..

I was wondering if anyone else has had any stupid subjects they've had to endure?
  2. Kitsune_Sakura64

Kitsune_Sakura64 New Gal on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    278 coins
    Well, for me, it wasn't memorizing or "learning", per se, but PE was definitely my least favorite class of them all.
    I'm sensitive to pain, so I don't "work out", as it were. But somehow I was suddenly being required to adhere to guidelines I was halfway across the world from.

Besides that, being around--
    nevemind. That's a topic for a PM or something.

I get that exercise is important, but they need to back off and let me do it my way. For example, I like dancing to songs and whatnot. That sounds like fair cardio to me (and really feels like it when the song ends, too. >w>"). They wouldn't let me go at my own speed, and more than once, I felt a sharp pain somewhere in my torso because of all that accursed running.

I loathed that class like no other.

And then there was that wretched time in "Health" class, where we were supposed to learn/memorize about various STI's (STD's, whatever, idc, why they can't just pick one name idk).
    ^^ That grossed me out a lot. I just, I can't even.
  3. etrian_warrior

etrian_warrior Now named "Popcorn" *gives popcorn* Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    21 coins
    I had to memorise my own Myers Briggs colour spectrum that is basically a spectrum that defines me psychoanalytically shown as colours on a spectrum. Just in case anyone is wondering by the way yes the teacher had us hand one of in for reference. Now to put all the pieces into play, one might assume this was an average high school social science course of sorts, but here is the kicker it was Grade 10 Computer Engineering... and the teacher was drop dead serious when he said you better have memorise this for the test... to this day that is the test I did the worst on (27 %... *shudder). Seriously, it's not like he used said knowledge in our learning at all so why????? Then there is every single thing I ever learned in health class that was just seriously uncomfortable, especially when the teacher has students perform the examples..... thank RNGsus it was never me.
  4. Spinnerweb

Spinnerweb Lime Pawpaw Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    153 coins
    We weren't allowed to write our own interpretations and thoughts on the poetry we read, we had to memorize what the teacher wanted. Which defeats the purpose and just led a lot of people to hate poetry.

That's pretty useful though. No one is going to study STDs on their own time.
    Farhaan Raja likes this.
  5. Kitsune_Sakura64

Play Coins:
    278 coins
    Actually, it's not, considering I already went over them in a different health class two years prior, and I've already decided not to copulate with another human until I mate them for life. I was also forced into a sex ed class (a separate one from the other two) which made me very uncomfortable. I don't need or want to know about different forms of birth control blah blah blah, and I especially really don't want to hear it from strangers that I don't trust!

I'm just peeved, because literally nobody cared about my consent to learn any of these classes.
  6. Slurk

Slurk Hungry for more Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    131 coins
    The most stupid things I had to memorize were the things that are supposed to help you remember: all the crazy mnemonics. Rhymes and acronyms that on their own make no sense whatsoever. We were actually forced to memorize these for our tests, as in the answers to the questions were the mnemonics, not the stuff they're supposed to make you remember... :banghead:
  7. Kitsune_Sakura64

Play Coins:
    278 coins
    Hell's Academy for the Unforgivable, is that you?? >.<
  8. Slurk

Slurk Hungry for more Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    131 coins
    Apart from the lazy teachers who made the above tests, I'm quite pleased with my time in school :)
  9. Kitsune_Sakura64

Play Coins:
    278 coins
    I have mixed feelings about mine. My former theater teacher didn't really teach my class. Like, at all. :/
    And the food could be better, but. Eh. Oh well, I guess.
  10. Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman BEWARE OF ADS KFC Lover

Play Coins:
    781 coins
    I remember one time that my art class had to study the color wheel and the names of different types of line strokes. I find the color wheel to be totally useless when I draw since sometimes don't even draw with color at all and just a pen or pencil. I find studying line strokes a little silly since that's too easy just to make a class study it.
  11. Leaandro15

Leaandro15 Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    4 coins
    When I had Chemistry we had to memorize the Periodic Table and all the elements and I was kind of frustrated because I'd didn't know I had to because I was new to the class when I got my schedule switched it was crazy the teacher would teach us like crap too he would make fun of students who didn't try their best I know students are lazy now in days and are rude ,but you never know what they are going through in their houses and family that's why I never made fun of anyone and tried to befriend my partners I sat next to in class I kind of felt bad for this one girl the in the class who got made fun of because she forgot a calculator and the teacher always scolded everyone who didn't have one and I let the girl borrow my calculator because I didn't want her to be embarrassed by the teacher.
  12. Whovian#1

Whovian#1 Shockingly smart Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    265 coins
    Well memorizing the periodic table isn't exactly stupid in chemistry. Besides after you work with it as much as you do in AP, you get a lot of it memorized anyway.
  13. Someone...

Someone... Our boy is top tier. Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    21 coins
    Whats pickleball?
  14. MysticFantasy

MysticFantasy The Miitopia Emblem Designer

Play Coins:
    275 coins
    It’s not useless I find it incredibly useful when coloring my art or drawing detail in my drawings ;)
  15. Rileyhall

Rileyhall Wonderwoman Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    4 coins
    Who fought who in the past like oh my gosh get over it that was 20 years ago dude its gone they are probably dead anyways by now(a lot of people may say that its not stupid and I agree but I needed something to say and to me it is stupid and that's all that matters