[Sun and Moon] ~ Movesets ~

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Since the game is new, I figured this would be a place to post potential future movesets for pokemon :3

For example:
Mimikyu!

Mimikyu
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Leech Life/Pain Split

Jolly Nature because I feel as if a speed boost could benefit this pokemon greatly. Also, it's ability disguise basically gives you a free swords dance if used right, so the speed is needed. Leech life for coverage and health, Shadow Sneak is STAB priority (yaaas and even more with swords dance). Play rough for coverage and stab as well :D

If you guys need a database, this website is useful for finding info.

I haven't finished the game yet, but idk I just wanted to make this thread >.>

Turtonator @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 172 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Tail

DaTurtonator is actually pretty bulky, so when you throw some boosts on him, he can be pretty fun, just he's pretty slow, so before you boost, make sure all opposing dragon type are defeated, as when he starts picking things off and hazing things out, the dragons that outspeed him are his most immediate threats. 52 speed to outpace neutral base 70s and beneficial base 60s after one boost. Play hard ;)

Here's a little something I'm becoming a fan of myself:
Raichu (Alola Form) @Aloraichium Z
Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
252 Sp. atk, 4 Sp. def, 252 Spe.
-Psychic
-Discharge
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
Alolan Raichu has insane speed and sp atk, and with one nasty plot on it it's a pretty amazing special sweeper.

Another thing I'm enjoying but still working on:
Lycanroc (Midday Form) @(item undecided)
Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
-Accelerock
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Brick Break

Lycanroc is another mon with great speed and a solid physical attack stat. It can outspeed most gen 7 mons and hit them very hard with a Rock Slide or Stone Edge. And for the pokemon it can't outspeed, it has Accelerock, a priority rock type move (which gives it an edge over midnight form imo).

Gifs of Pokémon

pheromosa.gif
(This mon is BROKEN)
Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate/Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam / Nature's Madness
- Hidden Power [Ice]

kartana.gif
(fav UB, Sub set sets up on Ferro, helping rain, and also destroys stall)
Kartana @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute / Leaf Blade
- Substitute / Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

lycanroc.gif
(Great suicidal lead)
Lycanroc (Midday Form) @Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Accelerock
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt

Since the game is new, I figured this would be a place to post potential future movesets for pokemon :3

For example:
Mimikyu!

Mimikyu
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Leech Life/Pain Split

Jolly Nature because I feel as if a speed boost could benefit this pokemon greatly. Also, it's ability disguise basically gives you a free swords dance if used right, so the speed is needed. Leech life for coverage and health, Shadow Sneak is STAB priority (yaaas and even more with swords dance). Play rough for coverage and stab as well :D

If you guys need a database, this website is useful for finding info.

I haven't finished the game yet, but idk I just wanted to make this thread >.>
I would replace Leech Life/Pain Split for Shadow Claw. Mimikyu is not really a mon that is made to recover health, but to set up and break the opposing team

Also, Red Card is great in Mimikyu for stoping opponents sweeps

I would replace Leech Life/Pain Split for Shadow Claw. Mimikyu is not really a mon that is made to recover health, but to set up and break the opposing team

Also, Red Card is great in Mimikyu for stoping opponents sweeps
Shadow sneak has priority tho, and disguise essentially guarantees an SD. So once you SD you almost have the power of shadow claw :p

Shadow sneak has priority tho, and disguise essentially guarantees an SD. So once you SD you almost have the power of shadow claw :p
Yeah, but +2 Shadow Claw is stronger than +2 Shadow Sneak

A +2 Shadow Sneak is worse than +0 Shadow Claw, and a +0 Shadow Claw doesn't do a lot of damage

Priority should NEVER be the main way of doing damage, unless you get STAB on it AND is more powerful than 80 base power (Like TFlame Brave Bird or ESpeed Arceus)

If ti doesn't accomplish both, priority should only be a way of picking up weakened foes

Yeah, but +2 Shadow Claw is stronger than +2 Shadow Sneak

A +2 Shadow Sneak is worse than +0 Shadow Claw, and a +0 Shadow Claw doesn't do a lot of damage

Priority should NEVER be the main way of doing damage, unless you get STAB on it AND is more powerful than 80 base power (Like TFlame Brave Bird or ESpeed Arceus)

If ti doesn't accomplish both, priority should only be a way of picking up weakened foes
It's not really that fast, it only has a 96 base speed, so priority is pretty important :p Shadow sneak has saved me so many times. Priority is a STAB because Mimikyu is a ghost type.

It's all up to the person in the end~

Last edited:
It's not really that fast, it only has a 96 base speed, so priority is pretty important :p Shadow sneak has saved me so many times. Priority is a STAB because Mimikyu is a ghost type.

It's all up to the person in the end~
I'm not saying you shouldn't run Priority

I'm saying that Shadow Sneak shouldn't be your main Ghost STAB, specially in a generation where Priority block is everywhere

And tho 96 is not that fast, is good enough.

For example, Tapu Lele has 95 Speed, meaning that you can outspeed an kill with +0 Shadow Claw with little prior damage, while you can't even touch it with Shadow Sneak (thanks to Psychic Terrain), and even without Psychic Terrain, +2 Shadow Sneak is not even a guaranteed OHKO

Something that might be good for mono ice:
Ninetales-a @ icy rock/light clay
Timid
Snow warning
252 spa / 252 spe / 4 spd
Freeze dry/blizzard
Moonblast
Extrasensory
Aurora veil

I'm assuming light clay's effect also works for aurora veil, so that's why that. Really don't need 2 ice attacks when it can have coverage, so pick freeze dry or blizzard and have extrasensory to hurt those poisen switchs.

Back