Super Mario 3D World

• Thread starter DrakeJericho
  • Start date
DrakeJericho

DrakeJericho

Dark-Winged Doppelgänger
Towns Folk
Is it only me, or is this game like, really mediocre?

I mean, just in my personal perspective, I feel like they tried to hard to give this game that Super Mario Galaxy feeling, with the inclusion of the old classic Mario games.

Err. I don't know, I'm not a big fan with the newer Mario games in the first place, but I'm just really upset with this.

Don't get me wrong, there's a couple pros to it, I like the bundle they have with this game and buying a Wii U. And the graphics for this game are quite good, but.. Eh. What are your thoughts?

No, it's definitely not only you. Pretty much anyone who has played 64/Sunshine/Galaxy were disappointed by the game because they were expecting something more akin to those that I mentioned.

The game isn't bad but it feels like a New Super Mario Bros. game set on a 3D plane and that's a terrible thing.

Reactions: Duffy, Blue Knight, DrakeJericho and 1 other person
Nah I was disappointed as well, your not alone buddy. I was expecting a lot more, 64 and galaxy will always be my favourite mario games and compared to this, they were actually. I felt it was to easy and I do also like the bundle, but aside from that..its just eh, really

Well, I wasn't disappointed because the game to me felt like galaxy a little bit with other games like the new super mario bros. games along with some of 3D land. But it wasn't as good as the other games, and I felt it was a bit overrated and worse than some other mario bros games. Even with that I loved the game with its beautiful graphics and good gameplay.

I felt like this game was okay. The only problem I have with this game is that the Camera can be your enemy sometimes. It can glitch out when you least expect it, and it can lead to some unwanted deaths. The Camera Angle is the worst thing to deal with in any 3D game, and it happens alot.

I really love Super Mario 3D World a lot. I was waiting so long to get Super Mario 3D World and I finally got it. I immediately played Luigi when I got the game. This game is very unique in its own way like the design and the new power-ups. I really love the cat bell a lot no doubt about that. When Nintendo included Rosalina in the game, I was so happy because I can try out her spin attack. I love her spin attack so much and I really enjoy this game ^^

I actually really liked this game, as I have always wanted a 3D Mario game of some form that included full multiplayer across all of its different modes. The game may not have been the same as, say, Super Mario Galaxy, but that's okay. Sometimes things like this need to be different in order to work for multiplayer...

The game is cool I bought it last year it's really great if you like Mario 64,Mario Sunshine, and Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 then you'll love this game I'm sure it's not better than the games from before ,but at least give it a chance it's really cool and what I like about it one thing that like in this game is that you can play with four characters and if you have sibling or friends you can play it with them and it's fun last time I was playing with my cousin and it was fun just that we collected the green stars for every level and for some reason I feel like playing it with someone else rather than myself because it's better I think.

I certainly enjoyed the game but I did feel like it was lacking something. The experience was fun but after a while I felt like it was dragging. If I had to give it a rating I'd give it 7/10.

The game was a little short....

Except for that (and the fact that the Wii u wasn't that great to begin with) I think the game was actually kinda okay. Of course, the game wasn't intended to be something like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine, but something like 3D land. While I do think those games are arguably better than the normal 3D platformer, it wasn't that bad.

I will say though, that you lose interest quite quickly (as mentioned by the shortness factor above) and eventually you'll feel 60 dollars was kind of overpriced, which is one of the reasons this game went from being good to okay-ish.

Well, I have to disagree with some of you guys, I don´t think picking up a mario game should be like picking up a sequel of the previous mario game. Of the different mario games I have played, Super mario Galaxy was the best. When I played mario 3d world, I just let myself into the game without thinking about any previous mario game. I have to admit, it is a really good game, I enjoyed the game pretty much on co op playing with my Friends. I loved the graphics as well.
I just loved the game pretty much.

Having been my first Mario platforming game in a while, this was pretty great, and even challenging with perspectives.

Then again, anything today would blow my mind having grown up with the original Mario.

I really like this game. It doesn’t have all the magic of a galaxy game, but it comes close and is better in some areas. This game has a massive amount of content, as long as you go for 100% completion. (some people here dissagree and I dunno why) it also has some very challenging levels, and not just at the very end. Its very fun to mess around in multiplayer, though you probably would have a hard time actually trying to 100% the game with 4 people, unless all players are very serious about wanting to get everything, and then you could end up playing like a super team. It looks beautiful, music is great, especially the bowser theme, really the only part of the magic i wish was there was a place to call homebase. Delphino plaza, peach’s castle and Rosalina’s observatory are all nice places, that feature good calm music that you Can feel fine just being around while there, and they have some things to find too. And no, mario’s spaceship isn’t good enough for me, in fact, mario 3d world is better with homebase, and there is none, but the worlds in themself look nice, and the music in some of them are nice to just sit around and listen to. However the fact that the levels previews are always moving makes it feel like the game just wants you to keep playing. And that is sometimes fine, because its a good game.

Well, me for one person, really enjoyed this game. It doesn't have a Mario Galaxy feel, but who caes? It has a ton of cool levels, and the game is great for speedrunning. I can't really think of much more I would want for game! It has good music, fun levels, challenging levels (Looking at you, Champions's Road!), and cool multiplayer. Its a fun game. :)

Reactions: luigiFTW
Back