Virtual Console super Mario kart how different it is.

• Thread starter Lotad Lover
  • Start date
Lotad Lover

Lotad Lover

Lover of the mighty Lotad god.
Towns Folk
I bought super mario kart as virtual console, for wii u the other day and it surprised me at the layout if grand prixs and certain parts of how it works.
What I mean by this is the fact that grand prixs contain 5 tracks each rather than the 4 I am used to in modern Mario kart. Also each of the races contains 5 laps, which really messed me up first time I played it, I though I had won but I had 2 more laps.
It is also weird to me how item boxes are just squares on the ground not acctual boxes, but I guess this was just because of technical limitations.
Another thing I have found is how power sliding works. In the modern games you need to push the control pad from left to right or visa versa to get a speed boost, but in the original doing this ends the power slide completely.
I am not sure weather I like these changes or not, I am used to modern Mario kart and it confuses me.
What do you think?
What is better modern or old Mario kart?

I'd say that the new Mario Kart games are a lot more easier to understand and play than the older Mario Kart games because of the points that you make :p It is true that when you compare the games , they are really a whole lot different , but still you can't deny that it is one of the oldest Mario Kart games :p

So the modern games are more better to understanding :D

The oldest Mario Kart game I've played is Mario Kart: Super Circuit, and I can say for a fact that even this one is different from Super Mario Kart, based on your take from it as well as gameplay I've seen. Modern Mario Kart (especially the latest installment - MK8) is many times easier than retro Mario Karts mainly due to technological improvements as well as child-friendly game mechanics. It doesn't take much skill to be really good at Modern Mario Karts, but it does take a lot of practice to be as little as to the point of 'efficient' in olden Mario Karts.

I like the modern mario kart. It has improved much better in graphics than the old mario kart games. The modern mario karts also have more items to use on other racers which I really like. The modern ones have also gotten multiplayer. I love playing with friends. I reccomnd the modern mario karts to people are who are new to the mk series.

Back