1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Super Mario Odyssey for 3DS??

Discussion in 'Nintendo 3DS Games' started by N3DSXL, Oct 29, 2017.

1. N3DSXL

N3DSXL I'm Not A Pikachu Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    14 coins
    I wonder if there will be a Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo 3DS?
  2. SkyHuntress

SkyHuntress Code to learn, don't learn to code. Forum Moderator

Play Coins:
    1,021 coins
    I very much doubt it, a game as complex as SMO would have to be rewritten to work on the 3DS perfectly. Not worth all of the additional effort they'd have to put into it when they could be making newer things.
    Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  3. TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn Me. Authoritative Cynic

Play Coins:
    423 coins
    Yeah... No... That is impossible and will never happen.
  4. Ace

Ace Aaannnd boom! goes the Dynamite. Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    85 coins
    Not impossible, but expect a result similar to when Geometry Wars made it to DS.
  5. Samster123

Samster123 Kittens will rule the universe...

Play Coins:
    120 coins
    No way. No how. Forget about it. According to the world, (not me!) the 3DS is about to die out. No way would they spend 4 or 5 more years to rewrite the entire game for the 3DS when you can already get it on their latest system (AKA the Nintendo Switch.) I highly doubt this would ever happen.
  6. Cevil

Cevil Pokemon Master Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    19 coins
    Yeah, not going to happen.
    Marc likes this.
  7. Arshan

Arshan The Hero in Green Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    223 coins
    Not at all possible. The 3ds probably can't even run the engine at all. It would have to be a completely redone game to work on the 3ds.

It will NEVER happen. Ever. Sorry, but you'll need a new console.
  8. EstebanTill2

EstebanTill2 Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,210 coins
    I would not ask for a mario odyssey port to the nintendo 3ds console, I would rather prefer a Brand new mario game. You know, mario 3d land was really good, I actually bought it on the same day I got my nintendo 3ds and I had quite a good time with it. I would love nintendo to make a sequel to that game or even a new one (storywise speaking). The nintendo 3ds has already proven it is worth the effort of its developers, anyway, taking into account the great winds the nintendo switch is sailing with, it is almost impossible they develop a new mario game for the 3ds.
  9. Rileyhall

Rileyhall Wonderwoman Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    4 coins
    That could be possible a to jump b to attack and to move would be easy all they would have to do is make it

Its not dying. It more popular than you think
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  10. Samster123

Samster123 Kittens will rule the universe...

Play Coins:
    120 coins
    Well, yeah, I guess so. But why would they remake the game for the 3DS? They're already pushing everyone to buy Nintendo Switches in order to play these games. And even if they did re release it, it wouldn't be pretty. Most likely it would have a very choppy frame rate, and just wouldn't play well in general. Also, I believe Nintendo has already confirmed that there wouldn't be any more first party games for the Nintendo 3DS, only third party games.
  11. SkyHuntress

SkyHuntress Code to learn, don't learn to code. Forum Moderator

Play Coins:
    1,021 coins
    It's not nearly as simple as that, they would have to re-code a fair amount of the game, and maybe even the engine itself as it might not be possible to be ran on the 3DS' hardware.

The cost they would have to spend and the amount of time it would take them wouldn't be worth it, it would have to be made differently as well to take into account the touchscreen and everything. It would make them loose money for something worthless. It's great just on the switch, not every game needs to be on every platform otherwise games/consoles loose selling points.
    Samster123 likes this.
  12. NintendoBoi61

NintendoBoi61 New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    12 coins
    Not possible. 3ds is noway near as powerful as Switch. They could rewrite the game for the 3ds, but it would take a long time, plus think of the framerate. Basically, Super Mario Odyssey 3d is never going tohappen for three simple reasons 1:3ds's lack of power,even New3ds would struggle 2: Cost too much money porting/reprogramming it for 3ds 3: 3ds days are numbered, it is starting towind down. Hope this explains why it is not possible or viable.