Switch Modes

• Thread starter Taiiny
  • Start date
Taiiny

Taiiny

I ate in the past few minutes
Towns Folk
During the presentation, it was shown that the Switch can be used in 3 different modes, TV, Tabletop, and Portable.

But what wasn't gone into was the availability of games for each mode.

1 2 Switch is shown as Tabletop only, and we can assume Arms won't be able to be played in Portable mode. So it seems like there'll be some restrictions in which games you play for every mode.

Could this lead to more intensive games being TV Mode exclusive?

It's also said to have a touchscreen, but only in Portable mode. Will some games that rely on the touchscreen become Portable exclusive?

What are your ideas, questions, and theories?

Since splatoon for Wii U was exclusively used with TV and gamepad so this can be a possibility.

I was very lucky I can play Nintendo Switch. I play the Legend of Zelda and Mario kart! :)

Here some pictures
C2JM-7hW8AAV739.jpg

C2JNAihXcAAE4AC.jpg

The Switch from that angle really looks like a wii u gamepad from behind, interesting, it gives an idea of how we can expect it to feel.

I highly doubt they'll lock games to a single mode, mosy likely, with the exception of truly niche/gimmick games like 1,2 Switch, that are meant to showcase features exclusively, we'll be able to use multiple modes and controller schemes, as is the case with ARMS, which can be played with regular controllers, not motion-only.

ARMS is confirmed to work in handheld mode and also with a Pro Controller. As for actual games we are good.

Yeah, I found out that ARMS is going to be able to be used with a controller a couple days after this post. But I'm still curious to what they'll decide to do with 1 2 Switch.

I love playing my switch any mode. I am used to playing on tabletop mode when I play with my grilfriend outside (we usually play sniperclips cut it out together). then, I also play on handheld mode when I am about to go to bed, even staying in bed i use this mode. I haven´t played on tv mode recently. This could just be because I have been really busy at work and stuff.

Back