Switch will allow 8 different accounts, and each regions are tied to account

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
I just saw the news from a certain YouTuber who credits Kotaku as the source. He says that Kotaku was asking the question to Nintendo regarding Nintendo Switch, and to quote from the site itself:

Will online stores be region-free or just cartridges?

The Nintendo Switch system is not region locked, but we recommend that players buy games within their region to ensure full service and support. The user will access the Nintendo eShop that corresponds to the country identified in their Nintendo Account. (Up to eight user accounts can be created on a single Nintendo Switch system.)

I think it's a surprise that Switch will be able to hold 8 accounts with different regions at the same time. I'm wondering if this means we can buy any games from different regions on the same console? Discuss away!

Meh, I'd be interested in the contrary: link several consoles to one account. Though I can understand why Nintendo doesn't allow this: people would share their accounts with friends and buy a game once for several people to play it on their own console.

Meh, I'd be interested in the contrary: link several consoles to one account. Though I can understand why Nintendo doesn't allow this: people would share their accounts with friends and buy a game once for several people to play it on their own console.

Hmm... I'm still not sure if Nintendo will allow us to link several consoles to one account or not, just yet, but you have good point there, Hayleia :)

Besides of that, I'm thinking, if it's possible to have many accounts on different regions though, my dream of buying several games from different regions like from Japan, China/Hongkong/Taiwan and USA might come true.

Ah, good on them, if clumsy.

I'd personally prefer just being able to change my account's region and then be able to access the eShop of other regions that way, personally.

I actually have 2 accounts on my nintendo switch and those are not from the same región. I just wanted to check out some eshop prices and my surprise was big enough when I found out that there are differences in game Prices. I have a Canadian and an american accounts. I found that the Canadian one have more expensive games than the american one.

Being able to have access to any eshop region on the system is pretty sweet though what I find flawed about it is that you can't buy anything from a foreign eshop with either credit card or the Nintendo eshop card from your region. You have to get an eshop card from that region to buy a game from that specific eshop or your just stuck downloading demos from that eshop. It makes since though I see no point of having access to every eshop if we can't use the existing funds from our account to buy something from a foreign eshop.

Back