Team Kirby Clash Deluxe!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
In the Nintendo Direct in a few days ago, there are three Kirby games that were announced. Among them are Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, which is the expansion of the sub-game Team Kirby Clash in Kirby: Planet Robobot. Unlike other games, this one is free-to-start, so you can buy some Gem Apples from the Shoppe if you wanted to progress ahead of the game.

What do you think about this new game?

It's pretty fun to play, and charming. It's just lacking a bit I feel in gameplay..

I know it's a free-to-play 3DS game, but I just feel that for something to have microtransactions like this, there should be more things to do. Unless I've not unlocked much yet since I'm still near the start of the game, there's not much difference between the levels so for me, I see it getting boring very quickly.

Gem apples really don't seem much like a "premium currency" as like 90% of other paid stuff is, since it's really easy to get loads of them and you don't really spend very many (I see this changing when you get to higher levels and stuff though), the items are boring as there seems to be no way or upgrading them or anything like that, I couldn't even find a way to sell items which I don't need anymore!

I've not played this with any friends yet, but I think it'll be a lot more fun once I do, since it's boring and quite easy so far..

The Amiibo addition is a nice touch though, shame you don't get very much stuff from them considering how much Amiibos are. I've not yet tried to see if the Animal crossing Amiibo cards work, I have a feeling they wont though since very few things outside of Animal Crossing games will take them.

Overall: Cute game, not much differences in the levels makes it boring pretty fast.

The game may change when I play it a bit more, since, like I said, I'm not very far into it. I've only gotten to the first level that you unlock using Gem Apples (A cheap concept and kinda annoying since, even though the first level only costs 1 apple, I Presume that'll rapidly grow and become stupidly expensive..). I understand where they're comming from with the Gem Apples, I mean, how else are they going to get money from it? But It's just really annoying, could we just have 1 Free-to-play game that doesn't require money?

So far I thought it was fun. Haven't played with friends yet though. Don't worry @SkyHuntress those apples get pretty rare really soon. Also I can confirm that amiibo cards DO work. I have used them myself and they work exactly the same as my two amiibo figures. I'ts pretty good for a little free to play game, but i feel you should get a larger number of apples from the tree, because you need those apples for EVERYTHING!!!

Reactions: Marc and 28142
Unless I've not unlocked much yet since I'm still near the start of the game, there's not much difference between the levels so for me, I see it getting boring very quickly.
Enemies you unlock with the gem apples aren't that easy to beat within the time frame they give you. Plus you may need to use gem apples to increase the time you battle enemies when you're near to finishing 'em off.

So far I'm loving the game. The time finishes often before I could beat high gem apple bosses but I guess I just need better gear, items or I have to add 30 extra seconds with the cost of some gem apples.

I'm a little bit worried about using up all my gem apples and not being able to recover a small amount without paying too :panda:

I think that it is interesting thatchy decided to take a very "Triple Deluxe" approach to this and continue the saga of rereleasing the mini games in the main series 3DS Kirby games as full games. This one looks as if ti will be especially fun, even more so when compared to the somewhat bland likes of Dedede's Drum Dash...

Back