• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk

A work of art.

Reactions: Mizunil
It looks amazing! But the art doesn't come close to Nintendo's own. I liked the temple of time they showed during the E3 2011 tech demo much more than this.

zelda-gif-1.gif

that was suppose to be the temple of time?

Eurogamer.net:
How good would N64 classic The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time look if it was made using Unreal Engine 4?

Your answer lies below, thanks to designer Michael Eurek, who has built a new version of the game's iconic Temple of Time location (thanks, Kotaku).

It's the location from where you pluck the Master Sword, and can then revisit in GameCube/Wii title Twilight Princess.

After six months of work in Maya, Z-brush and Photoshop, Eurek rendered the area in Unreal Engine 4 and recorded a stunning walkthrough.

Will the upcoming Wii U Zelda - likely to be shown off at E3 next month - look anything like this?

What do you guys think? Will the Wii u version of the new Zelda have graphics similar to this? It is very near possible for the Wii U to replicate these graphics.
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-06-someones-built-zeldas-temple-of-time-in-unreal-engine-4

(Ha. A video I can actually watch on my school laptop. Wasn't expecting this. I'd hate to change to my laptop when school is over because a sloth would be faster.) I'm sure this could be very much possible since the Wii U has HD graphics. The lighting just feels different from OoT so it really depends on the art style. I say yes and I can't wait to see in game pics from other temple/dungeons for the future Wii U LoZ game.

Err... It looks like the one from Twilight Princess, and not from OoT! As for the Unreal Engine 4, I think that the WiiU can totally handle it. Nintendo just need a bunch of developers who know how to use the engine... Oh, does that mean that...? Twilight Princess Remake Confirmed (sorry, couldn't help, it became so famous that I had to do it!)!

Anyway, it looks epic.

(Ha. A video I can actually watch on my school laptop. Wasn't expecting this. I'd hate to change to my laptop when school is over because a sloth would be faster.) I'm sure this could be very much possible since the Wii U has HD graphics. The lighting just feels different from OoT so it really depends on the art style. I say yes and I can't wait to see in game pics from other temple/dungeons for the future Wii U LoZ game.
You were able to run the video on the school laptop because NONE of the rendering was done on your system itself. It is the same way as looking at an HD picture.
The lighting does sure feel different from OoT, but it feels like a whole new realistic dimension.
Err... It looks like the one from Twilight Princess, and not from OoT! As for the Unreal Engine 4, I think that the WiiU can totally handle it. Nintendo just need a bunch of developers who know how to use the engine... Oh, does that mean that...? Twilight Princess Remake Confirmed (sorry, couldn't help, it became so famous that I had to do it!)!

Anyway, it looks epic.
Yes. Nintendo need to have a few devs that know how to use Unreal Engine 4 well, and they could use it with the future Zelda games.
As for the Twilight Princess HD confirmed part, that is not true. This rendering was done by another person not working for Nintendo just for entertainment purposes, showing the role Unreal Engine 4 could play towards future Zelda games.
Sorry to crush your dreams :sorry:

I really dislike fans adding a gritty or dark look to Zelda. -_-; That's not what every game needs. I enjoy the unique art styles they always go with. :) Twilight Princess was nice, but I feel a cross between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword would be perfect. (Like the demo at E3 for Wii U a few years back)

Wow that looks real! It's pretty cool how there is, software out there that can create something like that! I am very impressed with it, if the wii u zelda has graphics like that I will be impressed

As for the Twilight Princess HD confirmed part, that is not true. This rendering was done by another person not working for Nintendo just for entertainment purposes, showing the role Unreal Engine 4 could play towards future Zelda games.
Sorry to crush your dreams :sorry:

Don't worry, it was just a reference to the "Hoenn Confirmed" meme, though I modified it. Though, if the whole game was to be remade in that engine, that would look awesome.

Reactions: 532
It looks cool as a piece of fan art. If Nintendo were to use this engine though, it would be a whole other story. An open world Zelda game running on a next- generation engine in pure HD on the Wii U? I hope Nintendo at least experiments with some high-end tech so we get a taste of some great gaming graphics.

I absolutely love the way that this looks in Unreal Engine 4. I wish that Nintendo could someday make a Zelda that looked this outstanding, and, even if it remains unlikely, it is actually more likely than ever that this could happen, as the Switch now has support for Unreal Engine 4.

To be honest seeing Zelda games in a Unreal Engine is pretty amazing, it basically takes the graphics to a game to the next Level to make it more realistic.But it's kinda sad when people do it to a classic game like Ocarina of Time,yes it is cool but you really shouldn't mess with a classic.

Oh yeah, I saw that! In fact, I actually downloaded the demo to see it for myself, cause it looked so awesome! :eek:

I honestly wish Nintendo would use engines like this to make future Zelda games, because the whole of Ocarina of Time would look amazingly cool in this style. (It also would make great potential for cutscenes!)

Back