Tetris Movie coming soon. This is not a joke.

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Yes you heard me right, and no this is not a prank. A Tetris movie is in fact on the way. No one knows what the plot of the movie is just yet, but for it being a movie about Tetris, you would think it has to deal with more than stacking blocks.

A few things are known about the movie though. 1 is the fact that the movie has a budget of $80 million, which is a rather large budget for a movie that, let's be honest, is most likely going to flop. Now when you think of how a Tetris movie could be made, whats the first thing that comes to your mind? A Video game adaptation similar to Disneys Wreck It Ralph? A colorful cartoony adventure about Tetris pieces? Nope, the movie is going to be a Sci-Fi Thriller, and Live Action at that. And finally, this isn't going to be the only movie. They are planning on releasing this project as a trilogy, so good or bad, we still have 2 more Tetris movies on the way.

That's all the info we have as of now, but the movie has been in talks since 2015, so we may be close to getting some more info on the project. But what do you all think? What do you expect to see in a Tetris Sci-Fi Thriller?https://www.geek.com/games/tetris-m...lm-in-trilogy-set-to-shoot-next-year-1655366/

Reactions: Ethendor and Kitsune_Sakura64
Ok this is pretty amazing a Tetris Movie but then again it could be a Hollywood Bust.At first I had thought this was fake (since you fooled me once you devil) but since you have a website to support this I believe you.This is pretty interesting to see but then again it may not be.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
Ok this is pretty amazing a Tetris Movie but then again it could be a Hollywood Bust.At first, I had thought this was fake (since you fooled me once you devil) but since you have a website to support this I believe you.This is pretty interesting to see but then again it may not be.
You can easily tell if I am joking about something in the way I word it. If I start using over exaggerated lines then you should know its fake. But most of the time when I write a serious article about something coming out or being made I usually back it up with a website.

Reactions: Dark Link
I heard about this and really I don't see how they are going to be made into a movie. My bet it will probably turn out to be as bad as the pixel movie. I guess they're running out of ideas and or dispirit to just to try and make money. I donno who in there right mind would watch it but I guess there are a few people that will watch it to see just how bad it really is . I can say it will bomb big time but it won't be a surprise.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
I heard about this and really I don't see how they are going to be made into a movie. My bet it will probably turn out to be as bad as the pixel movie. I guess they're running out of ideas and or dispirit to just to try and make money. I donno who in there right mind would watch it but I guess there are a few people that will watch it to see just how bad it really is . I can say it will bomb big time but it won't be a surprise.
It's definitely a puzzle on how they could make a movie based on a game about stacking blocks. Not to mention making it a Live action Sci-fi Trilogy no less. It goes without saying that more than 99% of it will not be about Tetris itself lol, but if that's the case then why even make it a Tetris movie? It would seem like a better idea to make a brand new series than trying to make a movie about Tetris

Wait, did you just say that a Tetris movie is in the works? :0

Sure hope it doesn’t tank like Pixels and the live action Super Mario Bros movie. However, to be fair, it’s very hard to make a successful movie about video games. Wreck it Ralph was one of the few movies that succeeded, but then the second one was really lame.

Still no news on this, as far as I know... wonder if it's still in the works or held in development Hell like so many other seemingly-failed projects? Either way, hearing about it again, I really can't see any potential for a Tetris film. There's literally no story at all and just as many characters. How do you even make a film out of that... making a film out of absolute nothing?

Seeing it come up again gives me nostalgia. It's been so long since I last heard about this, I remember hearing jokes about it on old forums I have long since visited. And we have as little news as we did back then. So I believe it's in my aforementioned development Hell, unlikely to ever see the light of day, like the once planned Amory Wars adaption that got cameoed in Ted 2 or Timeless Miracle's second album they were supposedly releasing back when I was still in school.

Maybe, maybe not. But I hear no more news of it. Perhaps they realised a Tetris film, let alone a trilogy, was impossible and dropped the idea. Maybe some of the people working on it still have nightmares of the absurdity to this day. Well, it would be interesting, at least, but not something I can imagine working well.

Reactions: Duffy
Maybe they saw how Pixels got slammed for being so bad no one wants to watch it. What would make for a better movie is going in a documentary type fashion where competitive NES Tetris players compete to get the best scores or go against other players and the sequel would be Puyo Puyo. Then Puyo Puyo VS Tetris. I remember seeing the Melee documentary on Youtube and that was just as good, if not more righteous than all the player drama with Leffen, ZeRo being inappropriate, Alpharad quitting his burger job to content create with Smash Bros. for Wii U. Dang if Tetris as long running as it is hasn't ever reached the peak of Smash Bros. in it's lifespan I would be disappointed. Not some cheap cash grab with explosions, the Power Glove, and product placement unless it was done right.

Maybe they saw how Pixels got slammed for being so bad no one wants to watch it. What would make for a better movie is going in a documentary type fashion where competitive NES Tetris players compete to get the best scores or go against other players and the sequel would be Puyo Puyo. Then Puyo Puyo VS Tetris. I remember seeing the Melee documentary on Youtube and that was just as good, if not more righteous than all the player drama with Leffen, ZeRo being inappropriate, Alpharad quitting his burger job to content create with Smash Bros. for Wii U. Dang if Tetris as long running as it is hasn't ever reached the peak of Smash Bros. in it's lifespan I would be disappointed. Not some cheap cash grab with explosions, the Power Glove, and product placement unless it was done right.

From what I've heard - AKA based on what it says on the Wikipedia and IMDb pages - it's apparently now a documentary like you suggested, and quite unlike the supposed sci-fi franchise rumoured in the original post. Not sure what happened there. Maybe the Wikipedia and IMDb pages are false information, I don't know.

At least it would work better than whatever else they intended to do with this. Still, it's a drastic change in direction, so I wonder what kinds of discussions they were having that made them change their mind. Maybe it was in development Hell so long they re-wrote not only the script but the general idea entirely. Maybe it's still in development Hell - based on what I've heard of the legal aspect of the once-planned Amory Wars film, they likely would've lost the rights to a Tetris film by now.

Back