Support Needed The 3d makes my eyes hurt in some games

• Thread starter Auron
  • Start date
Auron

Auron

"Not everyone has to follow the same path" - Seiya
Towns Folk
Only certain games. Super smash Bros. Being the main one. Is it normal for your eyes to hurt. And if not is there a way I can fix. I have the galaxy XL. I know I can just turn it off and I do.

First let me ask you this...How long are you playing for before your eyes start to hurt?

I personally didn't like the 3D effect for the 3DS when it first came out. Later by about a year or so it was discovered that I needed glasses. The 3D was straining my fatigued eyes making them hurt way more than they should have. I have since gotten out of the habit of playing in 3D, but I still use it for cinematic cut scenes in some games.

If you experience pain after playing 15 mins or so go see an eye doctor you may need glasses or have some other eye problem.

They start to hurt instantly. It really disappointsorry me

I don't even remember when the last time I used the 3D feature was. When I actually do use it, it usually takes around like an hour or so before I start feeling a bit dizzy. And yeah, you really shouldn't be using the 3D for that long, it really messes with your eyes, but it's totally worth it when you're watching that awesome in-game cutscene :D

Me: Doctor my eyes hurt when I turn 3D on for certain games.

Doctor: Then don't do it.

Well, just disable the 3d. Done!
Last minute realization: You might need it if you are playing a 3d required game like Super Mario 3D Land. Oops... Thought I had a smart answer for a secound, haha ;)

I can't play with the 3D on either. Not because it hurts my eyes or anything, I just don't like playing it in 3D, just makes the experience awkward. I like to play the old fashion way.

Maybe you should use 3D only during cut-scenes, because those are usually the key moments that take advantage of the 3D.

If you want at least some 3D play other than that, I suggest you turn on the feature for short bursts at a time (like 5-10 mins each time). Regular breaks should help you. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what will. xD

Maybe you should use 3D only during cut-scenes, because those are usually the key moments that take advantage of the 3D.
There's a problem though, there are two kinds of cutscenes, each with their set of problems :p
  • pre-rendered cutscenes do not allow you to set the 3D depth to a precise level. You either have the 3D off, or you have it on at a set level, but you can't say "I want some 3D but not too much". If you always have the 3D to the max, it won't bother you.
  • real-time cutscenes have aliasing. Just like the rest of the game though, so if you don't mind that, it won't bother you.

Reactions: Mikaya
Yeah, I traded mine in because of the 3d effect hurting my head. Now they have the 2ds XL and I want to buy it but I am trying to figure out how to transfer all the stuff I bought to a new unit when I didn't keep my old one. Or the box or documentation...any advice??

I'm pretty sure it's normal. Therefore only use it when your watching a cutscene or replay or something...

You can turn the 3d function off on your 3ds cause to be honest it isn't really needed to play any of the games. I always disable it on mine cause with me wearing glasses it hurts my eyes after a while so I just don't use it. I was never a big fan of the 3d anyways cause to me it's just a fad that was going to pretty much die off after a while. Lucky for us they came out with the other models so if you wanted one you could just get a new 2ds but at least they put it where you can turn the 3d off on the pre existing models.

Well I used the 3D from the a lot of times 3DS and it never messed with my eyes and it never make them hurt and most 3D owners have a 3DS and don't use the 3D which is sad that's the whole point of a 3DS ,but I guess people don't use it much also you should go make an appointment with a doctor or with an optometrist so you can get your eyes checked one time the lady from my doctor once did a test to check if I needed glasses and told me to clean my eyes and when I was cleaning my eyes kind of did it hard one of my eye was blurry and I was kind of mad when she told me I might need glasses when I can see from far I should of just scrubbed soft also sometimes eyefloaters might be messing with your sight that it makes your eyes have weak vision and in many cases you don't need glasses just that people do it for the money like my neighbor has glasses because the doctor told her and I don't see her using them at all when glasses are really needed is when you have to squint because you can't see from far or when you see blurry faces when you see from far.

Back