The death of the Wii U

• Thread starter Pokemongamer3475
  • Start date
Pokemongamer3475

Pokemongamer3475

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Let's talk about why Nintendo has dropped the Wii U

Except they haven't if they're still making games for it as well as still selling it

Reactions: Hayleia, Blue Knight, Pandaxclone2 and 1 other person
What is your major malfunction?

Reactions: Hayleia, Blue Knight and Slayerpon Tatsu
What is your major malfunction?
Don't tell me you haven't heard that they are dropping the wii u
Except they haven't if they're still making games for it as well as still selling it
I meant why they are dropping the Wii U

By "dropping" do you mean that they're stopping production of the Wii U at the end of the year? That's as far as I heard which might relate to your question, and if so the best possible answer I could give you is probably the fact that we're getting the Nintendo NX soon so yea:/

Unless you mean something completely different, please specify for us >.>

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I don't pay attention to those silly rumors. As well as that if they stopped making it, their gross income would decrease a substantial amount.

"let's talk about why nintendo has dropped the wii u"

They haven't, so there's nothing to discuss, meaning that this thread has no reason to be here.

Reactions: Mikaya and Slayerpon Tatsu
They haven't quite dropped it yet, but they will by the end of the year. I don't need to hear anybody say that this is gonna happen because all it takes is common sense.

Nintendo can not afford another holiday with the Wii U. It's pretty clear they've slowed down software development for it - amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis in particular being signs of this. Zelda is gonna be on the NX. Smash will be ported over to the NX.

Idk why @Heropon Tatsu is so against the idea, I'm guessing he's in denial? I love Nintendo and only want the best for them but the Wii U is one of the worst selling consoles of all time and going through another holiday with it would be investor suicide.

They haven't quite dropped it yet, but they will by the end of the year. I don't need to hear anybody say that this is gonna happen because all it takes is common sense.

Nintendo can not afford another holiday with the Wii U. It's pretty clear they've slowed down software development for it - amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis in particular being signs of this. Zelda is gonna be on the NX. Smash will be ported over to the NX.

Idk why @Heropon Tatsu is so against the idea, I'm guessing he's in denial? I love Nintendo and only want the best for them but the Wii U is one of the worst selling consoles of all time and going through another holiday with it would be investor suicide.
I'm not in denial. I know it's gonna drop eventually but it hasn't and I enjoy it. As long as they make good games and fun consoles, I'm perfectly fine.

The Wii U's sales are poor and it's time to slow down production of games so they can focus on getting NX out with as many great games as possible. I don't know why people are so angry about it, you simply can't expect a company to go through 3+ years with a console that has only sold 13 million units to date with a ton of their big IPs, it's time to just experiment and see what they could put out on NX (Spla2n, for example).

By "dropping" do you mean that they're stopping production of the Wii U at the end of the year? That's as far as I heard which might relate to your question, and if so the best possible answer I could give you is probably the fact that we're getting the Nintendo NX soon so yea:/

Unless you mean something completely different, please specify for us >.>
You are absolutely correct that is exactly what I mean

The Wii U's sales are poor and it's time to slow down production of games so they can focus on getting NX out with as many great games as possible. I don't know why people are so angry about it, you simply can't expect a company to go through 3+ years with a console that has only sold 13 million units to date with a ton of their big IPs, it's time to just experiment and see what they could put out on NX (Spla2n, for example).
Look how many wii were sold in its first year

Everyone's aware that the Wii U is gonna be dropped soonish, and we all know why, we knew this within the first year of it being out, it didn't sell well, this thread could have been made years ago and it would have been the exact same in relevance, since not much has changed.

this is speculation everyone has been having for a long time and until nintendo says something about it this thread brings nothing new to the table

Don't be so rude guys, if you say it's a pointless topic, then don't just post here, it's simple. Interest people will post, otherwise it will just sink.

Regarding the topic, I think everyone saw that coming. The launch wasn't quite successful and later, even though they had some good games to showcase, Nintendo didn't succeed as much as they expected with it.

I'd rather them drop the wii u than sink with it. Wise move in the long run.

Bad choice, Nintendo. You'll regret dropping your Wii U because you'll look at your shelf and say "Sonic Boom was good" and want to play it but your Wii U is broken. Then you'll have to repair it. They should just wait until the NX is confirmed cross compatible to break it.

Unless when the nx is out, they will not really drop the wii u. Though there are more less games, nothing is confirmed and nintendo is not dropping the wii u. I highly suggest you ignore the "news" about the wii u because they are a bunch of liars.

Wait till E3 to start a discussion like this. Seriously, E3 is only 2 months away.

BTW: The 3ds will be dropped also once the nx releases. So I believe once the nx releases, both the 3ds and wii u will be dropped. Again, why I hope it comes next year rather than this year.

Look how many wii were sold in its first year

? I don't really get what your point is. It launched in December 2006 or so and by the end of the year, had sold 3.19 million units. That's just a few more million than Wii U, so that's fine. But by the end of 2007, Wii had already sold 20.13 million units compared to Wii U's 5.86 million units at the end of 2013. Wii had sold around 15 million units more than Wii U by the end of it's first full year, did even better from there and well, 15 million units is even more than Wii U has sold right now. Of course, Wii was a beast but even so, Wii U's sold very poor compared to even the Xbox One.

I think mainly on the production of the NX soon. We've heard a little bit about It so that's all I could really think of, other than the Wii U being an utmost disaster. Miiverse was a mistake, just make a in-console messaging system like the Sony and Microsoft consoles. Wii U chat was really amazing though, and unexpected.

>miiverse was a mistake

13043742_589278684583021_7612776890175751504_n.png
TAKE THAT BACK

Lack of 3rd party support killed it. Aside from that all of the full time xbox and ps gamers not understanding that great graphics don't make great games. A lot of the gamer community are scared to try new consoles and same for the 3rd party developers not trying to work out with the game pad whatsoever. I buy Nintendo consoles to buy Nintendo games nd really good 3rd party games and that's it and it works perfectly as it has for my whole life.

The Wii U may die, but competitive Smash 4 shall live on!! Hopefully.. I find it really fun.

I wonder if it will survive the release of Smash on the Switch.

Back