The end of Miitomo

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
iu

At the 9th of March this year Miitomo will end. Permanently. Before this time there will be a ´Final Thank You Festival'.

This is the official statement: https://miitomo.com/en-gb/notifications/180125/

Although the app has only just launched (or at least, it didn't stick around very long) it is closing down. I think, but this is speculation, that this is due to declining popularity. Nintendo also experienced numorous serevr end ccrashes and had to keep extra serevrs which is expensive. Dropping this game will allow them to use these servers for other more popular games deperately in need for more space. Last but not least, Miitomo is awkwardly similar to the recently launched Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, which is the better of the two if you ask me. The interactions are more fun and less tedious, you egt to decorate a lot more and you can actually have fun without paying.

I stopped playing a long time ago myself, so i cannot say I will miss Miitomo very much. I had fun though.

What are your opinions? Do you/did you play Miitomo? What were your best memories? What didn't you like?

Well It was good while it lasted, but all things come to end sooner or later

Rip miitomo I will go download you right now.

Not going to miss it </3

Played it quite a bit at first and again when I got a phone with some space so it would fit. Mostly the only time I look at it now is when I press the icon accidentally. It is a bit sad for people that use it alot and especially if they have paid for coins.

Well, I played it a couple of times but after a while I deleted it. It's just feels boring now. I won't miss it.

I've still never played it any at all after a week from the launch. During that time, the incentive was the My Nintendo stuff (which I've lost interest in as well). Therefore it's not very surprising. Either way I would have (or already) forgotten Miitomo. I guess my favorite thing about it was the funny interaction pictures you could've taken but I never really did those.

Played it quite a bit at first and again when I got a phone with some space so it would fit. Mostly the only time I look at it now is when I press the icon accidentally. It is a bit sad for people that use it alot and especially if they have paid for coins.
Yeah, I remember the app was pretty sizable... I needed to delete a whole bunch of things to be able to even download it.

Tried it when it came out, and, whew, it was a mess. I remember using the high school's Wi-Fi network to play it (and the network is pretty stable), but I'd still get random connection errors here and there. Besides, I uninstalled it soon after because the game was too heavy, in terms of space it takes up, and because, well, it wasn't exactly popular here (I think that only a friend of mine and me had it, so, 90% of the game was kinda locked).

So I can understand Nintendo's will to close Miitomo. As always with online services, it's sad to see things close, but, it wasn't really something big or memorable, so, it sucks if you enjoyed it, but in the longer term, the resources that went for Miitomo will likely go for better ideas (maybe improving games or servers, or things like this).

Dude, Miitomo was dead like, 2 weeks after launch.

Dude, Miitomo was dead like, 2 weeks after launch.
It actually had revival about 2 months in after a huge update....only to die again. Kind of like a zombie getting shot in the head.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
It actually had revival about 2 months in after a huge update....only to die again. Kind of like a zombie getting shot in the head.

tbh, Miitomo was literally the same as making Siri say funny things.

For God's sake Nintendo, stop discontinuing everything so quickly! :rage:

Reactions: Marc and Furyofthestorm78
I had fun with Miitomo for a while but I forgot about it so quickly! That is what happens with a lot of mobile games that don't offer much in terms of gameplay though.

For God's sake Nintendo, stop discontinuing everything so quickly! :rage:
I think they might have point on discontinuing Miitomo though. I mean, just read this thread. Nobody cares. :hilarious:

iu

At the 9th of March this year Miitomo will end. Permanently. Before this time there will be a ´Final Thank You Festival'.

Although the app has only just launched (or at least, it didn't stick around very long) it is closing down. I think, but this is speculation, that this is due to declining popularity. Nintendo also experienced numorous serevr end ccrashes and had to keep extra serevrs which is expensive. Dropping this game will allow them to use these servers for other more popular games deperately in need for more space. Last but not least, Miitomo is awkwardly similar to the recently launched Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, which is the better of the two if you ask me. The interactions are more fun and less tedious, you egt to decorate a lot more and you can actually have fun without paying.

I stopped playing a long time ago myself, so i cannot say I will miss Miitomo very much. I had fun though.

What are your opinions? Do you/did you play Miitomo? What were your best memories? What didn't you like?
I loved it once it came out cause its Nintendo although I didn't think it was great sure a good way to communicate but took too long to load for me didn't have anybody as friends because you had to have them in same room which sucked cause I didn't know anyone I am glad they are deleting it from their software I thought it was gonna be so breast but once I used it its dumb (sorry for the language)

iu

Althoiugh I did have fun on there despite everyone here's a list
1.You can add best friends
2.make sidekick miis
3.edit flooring and wallpaper of both miis
4.you can message friends
5.you can answer questions and see friends questions and answers to get to know them even if it is your sister
6.miitomo drop
That pretty much it not much but its a little something to get Nintendo better at

Last edited by a moderator:
Back