The N.X. is called the nintendo switch !

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
It is a portable console and a home console! It looks like a tablet with controllers on the sides which can be swapped off for a regular controller!
It also looks like there will never a new mario kart, and skyrim as well as a ton of other games on here!
What do you guys think of this?

Last edited:
toad-freaking-out-shaking-going-crazy-nintendo-13922502790.gif
HYPE INTENSIFIES!

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-20_15-26-40.png
    upload_2016-10-20_15-26-40.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 3dsatackman
Well, here's the partner list for the switch:

CvN3qSeUEAEM708.jpg

So yeah, looks like we'll be getting more games like skyrim and fallout, which I'm super pumped for getting portable version of them :D

I personally don't like the name, nor the design. It just looks too "toyish" and I feel some parts of it (like the stand on the back of the gamepad) might not work great or break easily. (Especially the connecters connecting the device and charging, ect.)

Splatoon looks great though, looks like you can customise their hair, it also looks different kinda but idk how to explain that..

Still though, I'm kinda sad they're not bringing it out for christmas, and they're kinda announcing it a bit too close to the launch in my opinion. It looks like it will be great though, let's just hope it doesn't flop like the wii u..

Reactions: Malladus and Marc
I kinda agree with Sky, the entire thing seems WAY too toy-ish to me right now, like the stand looks small and the controllers look confusing. I'm wondering what the 'pro' controller is, if it's the one seen on here:

20-nintendo-switch-650x500.jpg

Well then, I'm assuming it's the darker parts of the controller which you get and put the smaller controllers on? I'm really not sold on that but I like the portability, it looks like the processing is good and lots of 3rd party potential by the looks of it. Also, no glossy finish is GREAT!

The name is meh to me, but it could grow on me. I'm used to NX, tbh.

Reactions: Marc and 3dsatackman
I just freaked when I saw the trailer. Can't wait till march!

I am wondering how long the switches battery will last when mobile... It is a really good idea the switching function, but hopefully they mean for the battery to last a long time.

I am wondering how long the switches battery will last when mobile... It is a really good idea the switching function, but hopefully they mean for the battery to last a long time.

Considering they're wanting it like the 3ds pretty much (with handhold flexability and such) then I'm guessing the battery life with be somewhere on par with the 3ds?

Hopefully. Also the Nintendo switch has been confirmed region free!
Link to proof?

Link to proof?
I edited my post. Nintendo has not said anything, but emily rogers who leaked almost all the other NX stuff and has been correct said it has been confirmed

I edited my post. Nintendo has not said anything, but emily rogers who leaked almost all the other NX stuff and has been correct said it has been confirmed

Ehh, I'll wait for official proof before believing it:p

I'm really excited for it. I probably won't have enough money to buy it when it first launches though. The name is ok, but I absolutely love the portable/home console hybrid design. It's exactly what I was hoping for. It will use cartridges that seemed to me in the trailer to be the same size and shape as ds/3ds cartridges. I really hope it has 3ds backwards compatibility, or backwards compatibility of some kind, but I kinda doubt that to be the case. When its hooked up to the TV it only has a TV screen and no screen on a controller, so I doubt it could have Wii U backwards compatibility. But then again we did se MK8 and Splatoon on it, but we don't know if those are ports, sequels, or an updated version.
My hope is that maybe you can turn the switch tablet screen sideways, and it will turn into a 3ds like version with both screens showing up on the tablet screen, but I highly doubt that. Its more my wishful thinking, of me not having to give up my 3ds library for a new console. Why I doubt this even more, is that I don't think the switch's screen in a touch screen. Since what we've seen so far has only happened with one screen, just a bigger or smaller version, with all the variation being in the controllers.
I am really excited for the games. It has massive 3rd party support, which is something the Wii U didn't have at first which contributed to its failure. Some of the games shown are one that I am excited for. And with some of the listed developers, I am excited for some of the games that might come from them.
I don't think the design looks toyish, I think its supposed to be accessible to a wide range of people. What I'm more worried about is the quality of the attaching and detaching, and the battery life. The way they easily slide in and out makes me think that the locking mechanism keeping them attached isn't very sturdy and could be easily broken in dropped. The battery life also worries me. The 3ds had kinda bad battery life that maybe lasts a few hours. This is way more powerful than a 3ds, has wireless controllers that it needs to recognize, and has the power to play home console games on the go. I feel like something they NEED to do is to make it not just have acceptable battery life, but to have an impressive battery life.
Right now I'm really excited for it, and I hope it goes well for Nintendo. They seem to be doing it right so far. I really hope they learn from their previous mistakes, and have the Switch be extremely successful.

If you look closely, the Switch actually uses cartridges instead of CDs. I think Moviebob said that a year ago and he was right. I'm glad Nintendo made that choices. I'm also surprised that Bethesda is supporting the Switch, which is awesome because I always wanted to play Skyrim. Also with Tell Tale Games because I enjoyed the Walking Dead game. So could this mean Walking Dead and Batman on Switch? But if Blizzard could support the Switch, I will literally explode!

and I feel some parts of it
^ This.

I'll be scared to slide the parts of the controller regularly each time I want to play a game.

After watching some of the gameplay from the trailer, I love it :D

Another thing I'm worried about is its battery life when on the go. I talked to @SkyHuntress about it earlier and I don't have my hopes high considering the portable 3DS only gave me around 3-4 hours of gameplay at full charge with WiFi disabled.

I think this will be awesome! :D but like @SkyHuntress said, I feel that the external parts of the device will wear out too quickly.

Another thing I'm worried about is its battery life when on the go. I talked to @SkyHuntress about it earlier and I don't have my hopes high considering the portable 3DS only gave me around 3-4 hours of gameplay at full charge with WiFi disabled.

Yea, that is a concern of mine as well. But if you look to the 3ds XL, its battery life lasts a little longer. ( isn't it like 5-6 hours?) But I feel that Nintendo thought about that already. I'm hoping for between 5-8 hours on a single charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 28142
My new 3ds started out with a 5-6 hour charge, but pretty quickly it shortened to 3-4. About a few days later is how quickly.

Now I can't decide between Persona 5 Special Edition or NX :(

Only 3-4 hours? My 3ds with a year old battery lasts at least 6 hours on medium brightness settings and about 7 on low.
Even though Nintendo says that this is mainly a home console, I do hope that the battery is good for at least 4 hours on the go.
Seeing a guy play with it on a plane means it should be for a reasonable amount of time.

This is just amazing! I love how Nintendo is basically aiming for a more social and accessible system this type by, well, pretty much combining a home console with a handheld, and frankly, if all of what we were promised comes true in the end, and lasts long enough like with the 3rd party support, which I gotta say it's spectacular thus far, then I think we'll have a winner console in our hands. :D

I looks really good, and I am very hyped, but there are a few things I'm worried about.

1. Durability. I feel like the simple sliding mechanism could easily be broken, and the Switch itself would be broken if dropped. For a portable console that is probably going to be $300 or more you don't want to have to worry about that. The ds fixed this problem by being able to fold closed and protect its screens, but from what we've seen the Switch have no such ability.

2. Size. I know this one sounds weird but hear me out. The small little controllers seem like they could easily be lost, when not attached to something else. And when there are so many different controller/console configurations and you may be constantly switching between them, I feel like losing the small little controllers could be a big deal. Especially with kids and people who are prone to forgetting things. (Like me :D)

3. Battery Life. This is probably my biggest concern so far. If you are playing big home console games on the go, it seems like it would just destroy your battery. When you're on a plane or car trip, which is when I most use my 3ds and would expect to use the Switch, you don't want it dying after only a couple hours. My 3ds has only 3-4 hours, and It isn't playing monster sized games like Breath of the Wild or Skyrim.

4. Price. I really hope it isn't too expensive.

5. I forgot what I was going to put here. I had something but i don't remeber what it was. Oh well. :D

This isn't me trying to be hatin' on the switch. It's more me trying to not get totally blown away by my own hype and lose touch with reality. This is an effort to see the pros and cons.

Back