The odd story of my broken 3ds

• Thread starter Volcano
  • Start date
Volcano

Volcano

The Volcanic Gamer
Towns Folk
Nearly 2 years ago my 3ds died, I could play a few seconds if I constantly kept the power button but nothing more. Half a hour ago I see it, standing there, I decided to open it and try a chirurgical operation myslef...
Then I unscrew some screws, blow in the battery and i don't have the courage to proceed opening to the motherboard. I re-piece it together and I turn it on for a last time... It works
I fixed my freaking 3ds by blowing in the freaking battery after almost two years
I hope I fixed it and it is not just a temporal thing, If it is I am going to cry, then type it here :p
(P.S. I checked it before I opened it, it is not that time had fixed it)
Thanks for waisting your time,
Volcano

Reactions: TerraKnight, Alegria and Kadaj
Nearly 2 years ago my 3ds died, I could play a few seconds if I constantly kept the power button but nothing more. Half a hour ago I see it, standing there, I decided to open it and try a chirurgical operation myslef...
Then I unscrew some screws, blow in the battery and i don't have the courage to proceed opening to the motherboard. I re-piece it together and I turn it on for a last time... It works
I fixed my freaking 3ds by blowing in the freaking battery after almost two years
I hope I fixed it and it is not just a temporal thing, If it is I am going to cry, then type it here :p
Volcano
Lol

Volcano

Wow that really is weird XD i didn't understand some of the big words you used but based on what i did gather it really was an strange sequence of events. I never heard of that happening

Its a wonder you put it back together OK, if it were me youd be making a huge mistake, id probably make the problem worse without meaning to since im no good at mending small parts like that lol don't know how you did it, but good going either way i guess !

Reactions: Alegria
Wow that really is weird XD i didn't understand some of the big words you used but based on what i did gather it really was an strange sequence of events. I never heard of that happening

Its a wonder you put it back together OK, if it were me youd be making a huge mistake, id probably make the problem worse without meaning to since im no good at mending small parts like that lol don't know how you did it, but good going either way i guess !
Which words :3

Which words :3

The churugical or whatsit he wrote (sorry cant spell it that good)

The churugical or whatsit he wrote (sorry cant spell it that good)
Ob

I suppose in term of machine, you can't say "it's dead". Not because "it can't die, silly, it's just a machine", but because of those weird moments when it was "sick" and you gave up hope, you let it be covered in dust, and then one day you want to try, to give it a second chance and it's like it had never been "sick".

Just like the computer I'm talking to you with, which is one year and 3 months-old and had its first big bug three month after I got it(so it makes more or less one year), and worked fine when the battery finally went empty and I gave it a second chance.

I have a similar story with the computer I'm using. Last year, my computer randomly started auto-refreshing and it wouldn't stop, you couldn't click anything before it refreshed again. The screen went black for half a second then back for half a second. It continued doing this and I couldn't managed to do anything on the computer. I switched to safe mode and for the next 2 weeks I did everything I could to fix it. (and no it wasn't a virus) Everyone I asked couldn't help me. Nothing on the internet worked. So I left my computer for a while and occasionally checked to see if it was working again. But it was the exact same each time.

Then I come back 5 months later and my computer magically fixed itself again. I lost absolutely nothing and after leaving my computer for months it just works again somehow...

Wow, that's a lucky thing that you were able to fix it just by doing that. I hope it works for you now with out any problems anymore. I sounds like you might have gotten a 3ds that had some kind of dirt or dust into it off the factory line and just didn't effect it till it was jarred around a bit. Then again you never know but glad to hear you were able to fix your system with out much problems so grats on that. :)

Maybe the battery pack just needed to be adjusted slightly from being knocked out of place? I don't see how blowing on something would realistically make it work. Maybe magical fairies took pity on you and fixed it themselves, who knows? >w<

That's cool, though, that it works. My broken 3DS is still broke as this nation's economy.
That's why I have a new one. ^.^ (which I'm incredibly greatful for, cuz otherwise I'd be lost in life. ;w; )

Maybe magical fairies took pity on you and fixed it themselves, who knows? >w<

All hail the brownies.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Wow, you're lucky man. I have an old Nintendo 3ds which is blue cosmos and I played it for almost two years until the SD slot messed up, then after a trip to UAE, during desert safari, it fell in sand and then the game card slot also got messed up. I tried tons of blowing but to no avail. It still sits on by Pc shelf where it lay like a corpse. Anyways seeing your post has given me hope and I guess I'll try again.

Volcano
,i fixedvmy old one just by slapping it hard once against my hand

Huh. Maybe I should try this. Mine has a similar problem to yours, only really keeps itself on for a second or two, though I've never tried holding it down... maybe it really is broken. Nonetheless, I should try it out and see if it works. Isn't it odd how some machinery can simply turn itself back on after so long of supposedly being broken?

Funny story. My Black DS lite for the longest time as well as my 3DS were unplayable at some point. It was only because my charger needed changed. For my 3DS it was because I brought my charger to a friends house and they had some that didn't work. We did replace the battery of the DS but it was just the charger. That being said it goes to show no console lives forever unless it's expensive like the ones that last forever (I can't find the acronym for the life of me ;~;).

Back