The problem with Nintendo...

• Thread starter Farhaan Raja
  • Start date
Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Third Party Support. Nintendo have been lacking third party support since the N64 era because they made stupid decisions that also stopped people from buying them.

The N64 was a powerfull system, but used cartridges which were way more expensive to produce than discs, and didnt hold nearly as much memory. This made developers go to the PlayStation.

The Gamecube was also incredibly powerfull, but used these mini-disks that only held 1.5GB of data. This put a constraint on third party developers as they had to heavily compress data in order to fit.

The wii... wii all know the story. Incredibly underpowered.

The Wii U: Nintendo grew complacent and released an underpowered console with a cool but flawed gimmick that made third party developers abandon it fairly early (all that was left was indies, which arent particularly bad...)

The overall problem with Nintendo consoles is this. If i were to buy a playstation 4, I'd be assured that most if not all of the big titles are coming. Same with XBox and PC. With Nintendo, you just don't know....
Is GTA coming to the switch or not? We don't know if all the big releases are coming and that is ultimately what holds Nintendo back from getting more sales.

How far do you agree?

Reactions: Mikaya and TyologyUnleash
Third Party Support. Nintendo have been lacking third party support since the N64 era because they made stupid decisions that also stopped people from buying them.

The N64 was a powerfull system, but used cartridges which were way more expensive to produce than discs, and didnt hold nearly as much memory. This made developers go to the PlayStation.

The Gamecube was also incredibly powerfull, but used these mini-disks that only held 1.5GB of data. This put a constraint on third party developers as they had to heavily compress data in order to fit.

The Wii U: Nintendo grew complacent and released an underpowered console with a cool but flawed gimmick that made third party developers abandon it fairly early (all that was left was indies, which arent particularly bad...)

The overall problem with Nintendo consoles is this. If i were to buy a playstation 4, I'd be assured that most if not all of the big titles are coming. Same with XBox and PC. With Nintendo, you just don't know....
Is GTA coming to the switch or not? We don't know if all the big releases are coming and that is ultimately what holds Nintendo back from getting more sales.

How far do you agree?
I truly agree because we only have a under 10 games(maybe more) for the switch and most gamers and me are still waiting another leak of "Super Mario Odyssey" I think Nintendo should remake some more old games into HD quality like Super Mario Sunshine I'll love to have that in HD

If they make a HD remake of sunshine, they better fix some of the problems with that game...

I wouldnt mind seeing a Galaxy Legacy collection which is 1080p 60fps. The original games looked great, and these would look amazing... they should also have a few new levels.

When Smash Switch (it's definitely coming) comes, then i think the sales will heavily boost. Not many people are buying the switch right now because a lot of the games are on the wii u (shovel knight treasure trove, botw, mario kart 8, fast racing neo etc)

But do you know what would really make people blow their tops... Super Smash Bros Melee HD...

Reactions: Mikaya and TyologyUnleash
If they make a HD remake of sunshine, they better fix some of the problems with that game...

I wouldnt mind seeing a Galaxy Legacy collection which is 1080p 60fps. The original games looked great, and these would look amazing... they should also have a few new levels.

When Smash Switch (it's definitely coming) comes, then i think the sales will heavily boost. Not many people are buying the switch right now because a lot of the games are on the wii u (shovel knight treasure trove, botw, mario kart 8, fast racing neo etc)

But do you know what would really make people blow their tops... Super Smash Bros Melee HD...

LOL YESSS THEIR ADVENTURE MODE WAS SO AMAZING AND LIT

But who really gets a nintendo console to play Call of Duty or GTA? Nintendo are probably doing it right by keeping their games close to them and not having GTA on their console. Nintendo is all about family-friendly, no? I think the highest rated games on the 3DS are Resident Evil, GTA is a far stretch above that.

Reactions: Shmickle, V_Weeb, Hayleia and 2 others
But who really gets a nintendo console to play Call of Duty or GTA? Nintendo are probably doing it right by keeping their games close to them and not having GTA on their console. Nintendo is all about family-friendly, no? I think the highest rated games on the 3DS are Resident Evil, GTA is a far stretch above that.
YES NOW I AGREE WITH YOU RIGHT THERE MY FRIEND

True, but more games are better, and the Wii U failed because there werent enough of those games. Do you think people would buy the switch if you could play COD WW2 on the go?

True, but more games are better, and the Wii U failed because there werent enough of those games. Do you think people would buy the switch if you could play COD WW2 on the go?
I would...

Reactions: Farhaan Raja

How far do you agree?

Yes, sad but true. This is probably why resident evil Revelations 2 didn't even make it to the wii u (which shouldve been possible in my opinion but correct me if im wrong). Dont get me wrong, i wont go as far as saying i hate Nintendo for this or call them this or that, i am a huge fan of mario and pokemon games which are all Nintendo exclusive (i think so anyway) and have played them for a good while. But this would be nice improvement, i would love it if this changed.

Third Party support has been a problem for Nintendo for almost a decade now, but with the Switch's support for Unreal Engine 4, we may see a lot more Third Party games come to the Switch, as UE 4 has support for extremely simple and cost-efficient downscaling for less powerful consoles and computers.

Reactions: Kadaj
Third Party support has been a problem for Nintendo for almost a decade now, but with the Switch's support for Unreal Engine 4, we may see a lot more Third Party games come to the Switch, as UE 4 has support for extremely simple and cost-efficient downscaling for less powerful consoles and computers.

Yes im pretty sure of the same concerning poor third party support (about being a long-term problem). Hope what you said about the switch here turns out improving on the subject, it would be nice but wont get my hopes up

Apparently, that new yoshi game uses unreal engine 4... and with Rocket League coming to the switch, i am getting hopefull

Well, there's different forms of third-party support. Saying Nintendo has lacked third party support is rather inaccurate - they've lacked third party multiplatform games, yes. But they generally receive the most third party exclusive games, games made for their specific systems.

I highly doubt the Switch will receive many third party multiplatform games, but we can hope it'll receive many, many exclusives x3

Well, there's different forms of third-party support. Saying Nintendo has lacked third party support is rather inaccurate - they've lacked third party multiplatform games, yes. But they generally receive the most third party exclusive games, games made for their specific systems.

I highly doubt the Switch will receive many third party multiplatform games, but we can hope it'll receive many, many exclusives x3

Yes... severely underrated indies.
But i'm reffering to games like Metal Gear, GTA, Overwatch, COD, Bioshock... games that you know will come to the PS4 but are unsure will ever come to the nintendo switch...

Yes... severely underrated indies.
But i'm reffering to games like Metal Gear, GTA, Overwatch, COD, Bioshock... games that you know will come to the PS4 but are unsure will ever come to the nintendo switch...

Stuff like this is why I think Nintendo/PC is the perfect combination. Besides a few PS4 exclusives (And some mediocre at best Microsoft ones) you can get almost every major game with this combination, along with almost any indie game you would want. It lessens the blow of third party support to Nintendo, though I can see why some people may not want to have to get a good PC to play games (though really, I can run most games fine on my crappy laptop so I don't really see a problem.)

Stuff like this is why I think Nintendo/PC is the perfect combination. Besides a few PS4 exclusives (And some mediocre at best Microsoft ones) you can get almost every major game with this combination, along with almost any indie game you would want. It lessens the blow of third party support to Nintendo, though I can see why some people may not want to have to get a good PC to play games (though really, I can run most games fine on my crappy laptop so I don't really see a problem.)

Definitely. Reggie Fils Amie (probs spelt that wrong) literally said that there was no point of buying a ps4 or XB1, because you may as well jus buy an expensive PC. He also added that with Nintendo you get a unique experience...

I have and love the n64. If it's an amazing console.

I have absolutely no issue with this. But then we have a decent PC, laptop, ps4 and Wii u, switch, multiple 3ds' and gamecube, ps3, and Wii. So have the ability to play all the games anyway. Although if I only had Nintendo stuff I would be perfectly happy with the games available.
To me this seems like a pointless recurring grumble. But then playing games is what we do, and don't believe in trading in the older systems/games.

Yea the good thing is that Nintendo makes their consoles better everytime they come out and yea the memory card for the Game cube was horrible you could only save a limited amount of games and it was super easy to lose the memory card one time I bought a game cube I think it was used and it came with a "Fantastic Four" it sucked I really wanted to get Super Smahs bros Melee ,but it was rare I remember one time that same store opened and some kid got a gift card to pay anything he wanted he was probably the first customer :( and I was the runner-up and the guy told him to buy what ever he wanted and saw me and told me what I would like I starred at him and told him I was just seeing them the games and left kind of upset I should have been the first customer it would be cool.

Back