Things you believed as a child

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Here, you can post interesting, quirky, funny things you believed as a child.

I used to believe that all glass was made of somehow solidified water. And the glass in one of the tables in my house was brown, so I thought it had been made with solidified muddy river water and that was why it was brown. Good times good times :)

What about you guys?

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I used to think the moon stalked me everywhere I went lol, when I was really little. I also remember I used to think cars drove themseleves and no other people were in them, silly 3 year old me :p

My parents told me if I was a bad boy, something called a Moko Jumbie (the spirit) would come get me, :eek:

I actually believed 'em.

Reactions: Isabella
I believed magic was a real thing...
But I can't remember those things at all, so remember them will be hard,

My parents told me if I was a bad boy, something called a Moko Jumbie (the spirit) would come get me, :eek:

I actually believed 'em.

Omg my parents used to tell me the same thing here.Also she used to tell me about Douens who kidnap children who enter the forest alone, heck I was afraid of going into the forest till I was 13 lol

I believed magic was a real thing...
But I can't remember those things at all, so remember them will be hard,

Reactions: Reece
I didn't believe in much. I don't remember having an imaginary friend. I didn't have to get told that Santa wasn't real, because from watching TV, I kinda stopped believing after a while.

I believed in the tooth fairy, while other kids adored her, i was scared of her! Why would I want someone to come into my room and take teeth from under my pillow, I always thought that if the tooth fairy came into my room I should call the police to arrest her for trespassing. :p

i have always had a very good memory , photographic memory - and i had the ability to close my eyes and picture or conjure up something i was reading or seen and i always tried to keep my eyes open as i thought if i hadn't i could create that thing i was thinking of - so i always wanted to see things - that kinda back fired when i wanted to sleep :p

I've always believed that i could summon a giant toad just like jiraya in naruto did :p
and i was always wasting toilet paper , putting spit and doing jutsu :p

I've always believed in dragons and i always will :p

and I've always believed due to some stupid horror book i read that if i died in my dreams - i would never wake up :p
now you know why I'm so skilled in combat :p if that dream ever comes i will be ready :p

lastly - I've always thought of santa and how HE sees YOU when your sleeping - and how HE knows when YOU are awake ... talk about stalking :p

i have always had a very good memory , photographic memory - and i had the ability to close my eyes and picture or conjure up something i was reading or seen and i always tried to keep my eyes open as i thought if i hadn't i could create that thing i was thinking of - so i always wanted to see things - that kinda back fired when i wanted to sleep :p

I've always believed that i could summon a giant toad just like jiraya in naruto did :p
and i was always wasting toilet paper , putting spit and doing jutsu :p

I've always believed in dragons and i always will :p

and I've always believed due to some stupid horror book i read that if i died in my dreams - i would never wake up :p
now you know why I'm so skilled in combat :p if that dream ever comes i will be ready :p

lastly - I've always thought of santa and how HE sees YOU when your sleeping - and how HE knows when YOU are awake ... talk about stalking :p
I can picture something when closing my eyes to and I also have a great memory!

I can picture something when closing my eyes to and I also have a great memory!
haha yeah i remember you telling me that but the thing is
even when i read a book ! everything starts to come out in my head like a comic book !
its quite freaky but thats why i enjoy reading so much :p but the most freaky thing is that the only thing that never
appears is their faces !!! and everything is like a movie :p
thats why i like to get distracted :p

haha yeah i remember you telling me that but the thing is
even when i read a book ! everything starts to come out in my head like a comic book !
its quite freaky but thats why i enjoy reading so much :p but the most freaky thing is that the only thing that never
appears is their faces !!! and everything is like a movie :p
thats why i like to get distracted :p
When I read a book I picture what's going on and it's like I'm watching a movie it's freaky but it makes reading more fun

I thought the tooth fairy was real...how lame can ya get? xD

Not sure if it fully counts, but one time when I was younger (like, 4 or 5 years old), my mom was just playing around with me and had actually convinced me I was invisible and nobody could see or hear me. And if it wasn't already implied, I fell for it.

I also thought that you could grow a tree from a leaf. So I had always tried to bury a lesf and water it every day and such, yet nothing ever came up. I then woluld dig it back up and it'd be the same exact leaf.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer and 18
My parents told me one too many lies to remember everything that I believed...

Crusts will give me curly hair
Eating carrots will make me see in the dark
If I pull silly faces, the wind will make my face stick in that position
Leaving the light on all night will make me lose my sight

Oh and one thing I believed on my own accord was that if I dreamt I was falling, if I ever hit the ground, I would never wake up.

Reactions: Mikaya
I believed in sperhero i use to put a cape on and call myself chodye man and now i am cool lol i even believed santa was real but when i was 6 i notice it was fake.

Huh, my family didn't ever do anything of these things to me when I was younger. I never believed in Santa etc.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of was when I was 4 my brother told me if you have a big chin you're a superhero.

Yeah, not sure where he got that one. But I believed him for a few days. Lmaoooo.

i once believe a talking dragon talk to me at night before i feel asleep i was 2 years old. i also believe my mom belly button was a microphone and i talk to my sister when my mom was pregnant i was almost 2

I did not believed in anything sill as a kid but i did/do think that if santa was real he would be a huge creep.
03d4fec05e0e012ee3bf00163e41dd5b.gif

Reactions: 532
Most parents told their kids if they eat the crust on their bread then they get curly hair.

My dad told me when really young that if I didn't eat the crust on my bread then I would get curly teeth.

Reactions: 3dsatackman and 532
Back