ARMS Thoughts on ARMS for Nintendo switch

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
Well if you don't know about this then I suggest you go back to watch the Nintendo treehouse event. ARMS is basically this really fun yet stupid looking boxing games and the catch is that it was motion controls and that your arms stretch out to try to hit your opponent. The game is a Nintendo switch exclusive and that you have to tilt to move and punch to punch and each arm you equip has a different effect and will force your play style to change. I will put the trailer link in here and its rated G and it looks really stupid.

Everyone says it reminds them of Luffy from One Piece because of the way the arms stretch out far. XD

Aw, I wouldn't call the game stupid (the trailers were funny though), it could be fun with your friends. But let's be honest here, I wouldn't play this in public! LMAO. I also hate how slow-paced it looks because you're gonna have to wait until your arm reaches its destination. So it's not a totally agile boxing fight like I imagined. The marketing was really good though.

I feel like the trailer was actually pretty bad at showing off the features of the game so far. The motion controls aren't required, and you can play with just a normal controller, and there are more weapons than just fists. Each character so far has 2 unique fist weapons that you can choose individually for each arm. A while it may look silly and fluffy, from what I've heard from people whho actually played it, they say its a lot more fun and has deeper strategy and mechanics than it looks.

I like it. I think it would actually be really fun to play on the go with the motion control settings off. I won't dismiss the motion controls yet because this looks far more fun and far more well made than your average Wii Sports Boxing game. I like how the game revolves a lot about strategy as well. The game looks better and more fun if you check out a lot of the gameplay.

Well, I have to be honest, when I first saw this on the nintendo presentation back in january, I thought oh my god nintendo is making this kind of stuff which is not going to sell well or be just silly or dumb. Later on, at the treehouse showcase, I watched it carefully and to tell you the truth, I am really excited by this game, it looks really fun!

Personally, when I saw ARMS trailer in the first place, I felt like this one has Splatoon vibe in it. By that, I meant Nintendo seems ready to make another all-new game after the unexpected success of Splatoon back then. The gameplay sure looks interesting, even though the early parts on the trailer was quite odd at best.

Looks like wii boxing on steroids.
I didnt think much of it when i first saw it, but now i think it looks cool
You can change fighters and fists for different effects, and different things can happen during the fight.
I can see this game getting a big competitive scene

I think that Arms is an amazing game, and one that is quite similar to Punch Out, which I enjoyed quite a bit. The variety of characters as well as the uniqueness of each character and their design makes the game fun for hours, and the competitive scene is also quite interesting.

Back