Thoughts on Firefox Quantum?

• Thread starter 2071
  • Start date

Hallelujah
Towns Folk
Capture.PNG

Mozilla's Firefox Quantum was released today and is said to be faster compared to Google Chrome. It also has a new design which looks very neat.

I haven't been following its development too closely but I updated to it today and I really like it.

More: https://www.digitaltrends.com/web/firefox-quantum-hands-on-review/

Thoughts on it if you've used it already? Or still sticking to Chrome?

Reactions: 28142
Speaking of this, I litually just finally updated to Firefox Quantum for my firefox dev version.

I've already been using Firefox Quantum at college and I very much prefer it over original Firefox and it's leaps and bounds better then Chrome imo. (Then again, anything that isn't a RAM hog is better then Chrome ;P)

I've loved Firefox for ages now, and this new update has sealed the deal for me. Other browsers will have to pull something much much better outta the bag if I'm gonna even consider switching main browsers.

Quantum loads so much faster, looks fresher and overall is better in many ways without even going into the technical side of it. It's awesome <3

Reactions: 2071
I'm still sticking to Firefox, even though I'm not moving to Quantum just yet, because some of my add-ons would not be compatible with it. However, I heard that Quantum is blazing fast, so it looks promising for Firefox right now.

Firefox Quantum is pretty fast, once it gets booted up and ready-to-go. My browser updated itself to Quantum without my noticing it, and it's been more like a happy gift.

The only real problem was how the old fast-dial wouldn't work on it. I liked it the best and miss it, but it was a worthy sacrifice.

Thoughts on it if you've used it already? Or still sticking to Chrome?
Never used Chrome for various reasons, and I'm on Quantum. So far, haven't really felt any difference, except maybe that it takes slightly less time to load pages (it was already fast before, hence why I wasn't really feeling the difference).

The only thing that I'm not fond of is the transition to WebExtensions. Made quite a few of the plug-ins I was using "obsolete", and thus, they were removed. Aside from that, I'm fine, and I'll keep using it.

Reactions: Starry Windy
I've used Chrome before, they're both the same to me. Not seeing any great changes except that it loads a lot faster. I'm a huge movie and TV series watcher online, so I like my videos to load fast and for that purpose, it suits me well and I like the new layout too. Only I didn't it was called Quantum. I like it so far. Been using Firefox for the last 2 years and had no issues with it at all. I like Chrome and Firefox equally. I'm glad it's compatible with Mac Os. My laptop is a Macbook Pro, so yeah.

Firefox quantum is amazing. The redesigns, the new interface, the speed (which is much faster than chrome), and the overall experience of the browser is amazing. Personally I switch off between microsoft edge and firefox, the former being for microsoft rewards and the latter for normal usage.

It's a pretty smooth browser, fast and clean. I used firefox before the update too (because I like add-ons and a search bar stupid Chrome), but the speed increase is nice

Back