Moon/Sun Thoughts on Mantine Surf

• Thread starter Dowhat?
  • Start date
Dowhat?

Dowhat?

Slightly Concerned
Towns Folk
on 9/22 nintendo released yet another trailer faturing a new ride, mantine with a semirealistic surfing mechanic allowing you to surf to the other islands similar to latios/as fly in oras but having a points system and tricks...

I think it's a cute mechanice, but I'm not sure how much I'll want to use it in-game. I'm rather hoping it's an optional mechanic, although I suppose with Charizard Ride it won't matter too much! I just think I'll be bad at it, haha! >.< It looks like there'll be a chance to battle Pokemon and trainers using the ride? So I'll definitely use it a few times, at least!

I like the mechanic as it's a great way to spend spare time if you aren't a competitive player but if you could earn rare items for getting really high scores I would have more incentive for playing it. If there was multiple locations to ride Mantine that would provide more incentive as well because it could be a requirement in order to get to new areas.

This looks like a lot of fun! I wonder if you can find pokemon while surfing. I think with a new island travel mechanism, there will be new things to explore inbetween as well! There has to be something else besides tricks to do though.

This is actually pretty cool! The idea to surf to each island in the form of a "Mini Game" is the best the thing for a Pokemon Game. I wonder if there will be any other thing like it in the game that is similar to this. I'm also assuming Mantine Surf replaces Charizard Glide, which is ok but maybe just have both.

I think this game became a lot more "Wind Waker" in Pokémon.

I think its a really cool mechanic. The theme for it is extremely catchy and cool. I like how you can use Move tutors with it by getting points from doing tricks.

Honestly i havent done it recently because there just isnt too much incentive for doing it. But good job Game Freak for adding something cool and new to the games. :)

I really enjoy Mantine Surf.

It's so easy to farm BP in a relatively short period of time. Plus, its got great music and its fun trying to beat your high score. The bonus of a Surfing Pikachu (which can be shiny!) is cool too!

I like to spend hours Mantine Surfing when I'm not shiny hunting! I was able to farm close to 200BP in just an hour of steady Mantine surfing.

Back