• Start date

Which of these

• Total voters
Hikaiet

Hikaiet

(0 v 0)-b
Towns Folk
Hello everyone!

New guy here, you can call me Haval or Hikaiet I suppose. I've been an avid reader and writer since I can remember, and began my earliest days of roleplaying in chatbox form at 9, and full paragraph form at 11. RPing for me is not just about the stories, but about the community a group can create - because the RPs that were most satisfying, the RPs that lasted longest, were the ones that were built upon communication and relation among each other. I hope I can bring that here, and I hope we can not only share our unique perspectives and ideas, but that we can become more understanding of each other and relate past text format.

Now, one of the obvious ways we can all relate here is our love for Nintendo, so naturally, I figured an RP centered around a Nintendo franchise would be the best way to both relate outside of the RP itself through the love of the franchise, and to garner attention.

Now, with everything said, the poll options are based both on A) Series that I am familiar with, and B) How well they work out in an RP universe. There are some franchises that I ADORE that aren't up there not because of a lack of knowledge but because they tend not to work out well - and as such I don't think would be the best bets for our first revival attempt.

The MOTHER/Earthbound series is a prime example of this. I don't think there's any series I love as much as MOTHER

Other series I am knowledgeable enough to make an RP based off if requests show favour:

-Legend of Zelda
-Star Fox
-Pikmin
-Platformer (rather than RPG) Mario
-Fire Emblem (I'll need some help w/ this though since the only game I've played myself is Sacred Stones)
-Yoshi
-Fossil Fighters
-Might be some slipping my mind so don't be afraid to ask none!

Based off of what wins after two weeks, I will create a few concept ideas to vote for and create appropriate character sheets to go along with it. And of course, again - your comments will count! Even if I'm 'in charge', this is going to be our RP - and I want us all to contribute into making it ours!

TL;DR

-I'm trying to revive the RP section and trying to glue it and us together
-The choices in the polls do not reflect the only RPs I am willing to manage, but the ones I find generally work best
-If a franchise I know of is voted for in the comment overwhelmingly I will go with it instead - so comments do count!

I request; The Legend of Zelda for a RP

I'd like to see a Pokémon RP with our own created region the most next to the one based off Orre second. Mainly because I could see each Trainer progressing easier if it was in a region with Gym Leaders. Most of the other ones I could see they would be happening but would be hard to tell how they progress.

Reactions: Hikaiet
I'd like to see a Pokémon RP with our own created region the most next to the one based off Orre second. Mainly because I could see each Trainer progressing easier if it was in a region with Gym Leaders. Most of the other ones I could see they would be happening but would be hard to tell how they progress.
Thank you for your input!

I see the worries there but as I said, there were a plenty o ideas I didn't include because I found they don't work as well as RPs - I've run similar RPs to these in the past so I can confirm they do work.

I was thinking Orre could have a more fleshed out Colosseum system and a few more wild Pokemon since that

A Kirby RP based off of the Dark Matter Trilogy's progress would be marked by, well, the disappearance of dark matter in the area. The anime based one would either be a slice of life sort of one like the anime with no sense of progress (I haven't tried that yet so that'd be experimental) or it' be based off of a group of Demon Beast/Monster hunters like Knuckle Joe and thus the progress would be similar to one based off of the dark matter one.

The Paper Mario RP follows a pre-set series of events so progress there would be easy peasy.

The others you do make a valid point of, but such RPs tend to be more concept and community based than story based - which at least has the advantage of players who drop out easily being replaced or not greatly affecting things, usually with given 'tasks' as prompts for missions and such if that makes sense?

EDIT: Saw your post on my intro thread, if it's of any reassurance to you, my two longest lived RPs have gone for about two years. My shortest lived one died within three months. I try my best and while I can't say I can come up with something absolutely wonderful and creative and unforgettable, I do believe WE can do so. The RPs that last the longest are those fostered upon communication and community.

That said though, both the Orre and Fanmade region were ones I voted on myself, so you ain't alone none.

I like the idea of pokemon Rangers, but I agree. Having a new region with gym leaders would make progression easier to manage. Orre could work too.

I like the idea of pokemon Rangers, but I agree. Having a new region with gym leaders would make progression easier to manage. Orre could work too.

eeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY PY MY GUY-

O v O b I'm sure Sal will be happy to hear this once she joins. Glad we're all on board w/ Pokemon.

Reactions: KingHorseHead
Bump...?

Pokemon League...

Pokemon League...
Pokemon...League?

I don't understand what you mean, apologies. Mind expanding?

oKAY BUT WAIT - IF WE'RE GOING WITH A NEW REGION, WE CAN FINALLY BRING BACK THE BORST BROFESSORS.

ARE YOU WITH ME, CYPRESS?

FIR, WE CAN FINALLY TELL KIDS WHAT TO DO AND NOT HAVE THE OTHER PROFESSORS LOOK DOWN AT US

Reactions: Hikaiet
gym leader kinda thimg, new region

Ah, alrighty! Those are what the votes seem to be favouring anyhow - I'm going to give it another week, perhaps less if no more interest is shown, and get some stuff together.

I was thinking after we decide a sort of theme for the region that perhaps each person can make 1 (or more!) locations/cities. We don't need them all right away, but I thought it might be fun. ' v ' b

maybe a reigon based on the moon

maybe a reigon based on the moon
In what sense? A little confused. You mean with moon/space sorta theme, or something along the lines of Alola, or something else entirely?

no that was a just a joke. oh i thought you mewnt as a place, like how alola is based off hawaii.

no that was a just a joke. oh i thought you mewnt as a place, like how alola is based off hawaii.

It can be based off a place or off of a concept/theme as well. Mix of both even. Most regions are (Kanto with colours + region of japan, Johto with antiquity and tradition + region of japan, Hoenn with nature and the environment + region of Japan, Kalos with class and diversity + france, Orre with gemstones and pollution + Phoenix Arizona, Unova with modernism + New York...)

While it has been a week rather than two, due to the lack of additional joiners at the moment, I will finalize that we are going to do a Pokémon RP with our own region!

@Dark Link @LittleTrain @Artisan @OshaWhat!!! @KingHorseHead

With our current number of people, that makes us a group of 6. Hopefully it'll grow in due time (I was hoping each one of us get to play a Gym Leader and build their respective city), but it'll more than do for now.

For the next following week, I will be posting character sheets, brainstorming with you guys, building our first town, and holding another poll for our preferred writing style. I've also made our own chat room and will be sending the passwords out. By today there should be a thread for OOC (out of character) stuff, where we can talk about the aforementioned topics or just goof around.

Thank you all for showing interest! It really means a lot to me, and I hope we can get this thing rolling!

Reactions: Dowhat?
can I join?

Yeah just go to the thread by hikaiet named welcome to the world of pokemon

Back