Fantasy Life To buy or not to buy (DLC)? - Fantasy Life

• Thread starter Barmont
  • Start date
Barmont

Barmont

Not much, just killing dragons and eating gods
Towns Folk
That is the question, Hamlets...
It's fair to spend lots of munny to buy the Game, and still need to buy DLC content? No, not fair...

But it's worth it? Please give me your opinion, it'll help me a lot ;)

You don't NEED the DLC, per say, but is it worth it? I'd say yes, totally. I wrote a blog post about this a while back:

http://forum.3dspedia.com/blog/fantasy-life-dlc.110/

I can paste you the key part:

So here's a quick list of what can be accessed from the start (or early on) and what can be accessed post-game.

Early:
More character customization
Friendship System (Friendship allows you to have better allies)
Bird pets

Post story:
A whole new part of the story with a new area called Origin Island
New materials, gear and more recipes for your classes
God rank in classes, which after allows you to have your Master as an ally
New homes and more furniture
Lunares coins currency and special items you can get from them (even new mounts, or items that allow you to change your appearance and stats at will, for free!)
Maximum level increased from 99 to 200
Level cap for the skills increased from 15 to 20
Stats cap increased from 50 to 100
Dragon pets

So in short, if you plan on buying the DLC, you don't have to wait until you completed the main story, you can get it even before starting your game and already take advantage of new features.

If you think you have enough content already, don't bother with the DLC, it might double your content but if you don't care about the game past the main story, it's not really for you.

Reactions: elvandito, Deferet and Barmont
I might buy the DLC. But, :stop: someone who has the DLC can't play/join with someone who does not have the DLC

Thank you VERY VERY much ;)

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure about the DLC, but I think I'll get it now!

Literally the only downside to getting the DLC is the inability to play with others who don't have it, everything else are positives.

That's the only reason I don't have it at the moment.

I agree with you, it's the ONLY downside. However, more and more emmbers seem to get it now, so it's not totally unsafe to get it. @Fyzzu should get it to play with us, don't you think?

I really want, the DLC it looks great! However I heard all of the DLC things were supposed to be in the original game, but instead they took it out. Anyways I'm gonna buy an eshop card soon and buy it!

I don't think it was supposed to be in the game, in Japan the DLC came way after the main game.

I think it's worth it but I've been seeing a lot of articles online saying it was already on the cart when it launched in NA. It seems like that's the business model these days in america.

Yup, it's already on the cartridge. However, when it came out in Japan, the DLC came out several months after the game, it was a true DLC. To be honest, I don't really mind paying to unlock it, since without out the game is totally complete as well ^^

So we're paying to UNLOCK the DLC?

So we're paying to UNLOCK the DLC?
Yeah. 2 blocks can't be all of Origin Island =/

Marc. You're wondering too, or you were answering my question?

Marc. You're wondering too, or you were answering my question?
Answering.

Ok. Thx.

Definintely buy it. It doubles your playtime basically. Before dlc I had 100 hours on the game. After I added dlc I had 210 hours into it. The dlc adds really ncie features and expands the game quite a bit. Without the dlc, you're like... "what do I do now?"

The DLC adds..
  • More character customization
  • friendship system
  • Origin island
There's some more..but I forgot. I think it's worth it

So worth it! Adds so much more to the game after you beat it, bonus island items and you can play with those who have the DLC.. sense its version locked ..

You don't need the DLC for play a full game and it's cool on Nintendo, because in others it's an obligation, anyway you just get the DLC if you want to see more about that game. I purchased MK8 DLC for play with Link and I'm glad for this decision, but MK8 was a full game before Link and everything else, it just a way to get more of the game experience. Just think about what you need and use your money of the best way for you and for your fun. Good lucky!

Well, if you really enjoy the game, and need more content, then absolutely it's worth it! It's additional stuff that isn't required to enjoy the game, but I've seen great things about it, and it isn't bad DLC. It's actually worth the price that it's listed for.

Reactions: Rockback
Back