Train to Kyoto

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I want to get this game real bad,I don't know why but it seems exciting, it's strange for me to play it because I don't like some simulations but I HAVE played Harvest Moon, Fortune Street and Bas hunter which (Somewhat) simulate what the genre suppose to be.But I hated other simulators (a DS game I didn't play through, it was SO boring even when I took the game seriously.....) Should I play this? Is it really nostalgic and exciting to be the person who delivers people to Kyoto with their belongings safely, avoiding hurting them or any thing on the track? Or it might not be as fun to ride to Kyoto as it seems?

Well, if you like 'such' simulation (with more managerial elements and realism put in), there you go. Anyway, is the game closer to something like, tycoon games?

Reactions: Kakea
I don't know,I haven't bought it I only read some about it... It looks like simulation of being a engineer on a train to Kyoto with real panorama(?) pictures of the path to Kyoto and controls for the maneuvering the train on the screen.

I would recommend downloading the Demo first to see how you like driving a train. Personally I absolutely love the game. It's much better than the first release. It has Night Driving, cleaned up Graphics, a music player, multiple tracks, a 3d Cabin. The video of the Track and driving has really been cleaned up and look great. Like I said get the demo and see how you like it. I'm also a big fan of the first release but it doesn't look nor play near as good as the Kyoto version. That's probably why the first game is 9.99 instead of 19.99 like Kyoto. Sonic Power has also had a couple sales where there games were marked down from 25% to 50% so if you wait on a sale I bet one will come in the next 6 months or so.

I didn't know there was a demo, (it didn't show up in the demo part of the eshop) I'm going to look at it as soon as I get a chance to play it.Every time I see it,I feel ALOT of nostalgia and get really warm feeling.I wish I knew why I feel like this when I see it, maybe after I play it I'll know why! Thanks for telling me about the demo!

No problem hope you Enjoy it. I also get that warm fuzzy feeling when I play this game. It's just neat to be driving a train in a video game and its presented real well with what sonic powered has done with these titles. I was kind of mad at NintendoLife for rating the game a 3 this past week. I would rate the game a 7. I do realize that driving a train is not for everyone. But that rating was terrible.

For real a 3!!!? They should of either got someone who DID like that type of game and had them write so people can see it from
simulator lover's point of view! Then it would've been easier for people who didn't like the game and people who do to decide based off the positive review!

Tsk the reviews for some games aren't fair, it's like the reviews on Netflix.

Only way to tell if the game is for you is to try the demo and go from there. It looks beautiful.

I just checked the review for the Journey to Kyoto and it had Five Stars.

I tried it and it's fun, complicated but fun!

That's it! I'm getting the demo the play myself!!! (I would buy but I have NO money, and I am already getting a drawing game...)
I'm excited getting this even though it's only just the demo of it!

Back