Ultimate Accident

• Thread starter Flameslinger787
  • Start date
Flameslinger787

Flameslinger787

Ganondorf Abuser
Towns Folk
I put a Magmar and my Infernape in the daycare because I wanted to level them up.

Turns out:
A) They are in the same egg group and
B) They were a male and a female.

When I got an egg I was really surprised, but decided 'hey, I like Chimchar, I think I'll hatch it.'
A Hatch III O-power and Flame Body Magacaro plus about 20 seconds later, Oh!?

I had gotten a Chimchar, but it was much more red than usual. That's when I realized it was a shiny. It was the 2nd shiny I had ever gotten, and it was by breeding, so super rare (at least I think). The best part though, is it was completely unintentional.

Has a similar event happened to anyone else?
and is it hard to breed a shiny?

Reactions: Alegria
wow, gg! Are the two parents from different countries (if one is traded for example)? If yes it increases its probability of being shiny.
I got a shiny squirtle with a ditto and the Professor Sycamore's squirtle in Pokémon Y, when trying to get every starters thanks to eggs and GTS.

Concerning the shiny rate in hatching conditions, you have 1/4096 chances to hatch a shiny. If the parents are from different countries (Masuda method) it will be 1/1365 and don't forget to count if you finished your Pokédex and got your shiny charm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flameslinger787
wow, gg! Are the two parents from different countries (if one is traded for example)? If yes it increases its probability of being shiny.
I got a shiny squirtle with a ditto and the Professor Sycamore's squirtle in Pokémon Y, when trying to get every starters thanks to eggs and GTS.

Concerning the shiny rate in hatching conditions, you have 1/4096 chances to hatch a shiny. If the parents are from different countries (Masuda method) it will be 1/1365 and don't forget to count if you finished your Pokédex and got your shiny charm.
Yes, i believe the infernape is from a country in Europe. I don't have the shiny charm yet, but I hope to get it some day. Thanks for all the probabilities!

Reactions: Alegria
Back