Unreal Engine 4 demo works on the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We all know the Switch isn't as powerful as the PS4 or the Xbox 1, but some of you may be glad to know that it can run a Unreal Engine 4 demo with ease. Casa Barragan, the demo I mentioned just now, was tested on the console.

The demo was ported to the Nintendo Switch and it runs fine after the developers made a few tweaks to it. The video above shows a gaming PC in action, but it has been confirmed to be the same on the Switch. The resolution was just turned down to 720p, however, the developers believe they could increase it higher.

Well I really didn't know it was as powerfull. That is good to know thanks

That's excellent. Should really improve the Nintendo indie scene, which was always lackluster

That's really good to know. It may motivate Indie developers to create via Unreal engine 4. I know some student game developers are making good projects via unreal; just look up on youtube! This might be a game changer with developers and Nintendo, as long as Nintendo will be open to such projects.

Well, I wathed the demo a couple of days ago and honestly I was really happy with the outcome. I mean, I am not a person who puts graphics and visuals at the top priority of a game, I still think they are important but as long as the game is worth playing, worth the fun and worth the story, I don´t really care much about the graphics. Now, this is different, the switch is able to run these graphics and it will probably be able to run unreal engine 4 games in the near future, which is something good.

I am quite good with using Unreal Engine 4, so this might actually motivate me to do something with it. I've always wanted to see support for it on a Nintendo console, and the newest version of UE4 includes direct to Switch porting and downscaling options. I may just give it a try.

Back