KI: Uprising useless option on kid icarus

• Thread starter Susanafuerte
  • Start date
Susanafuerte

Susanafuerte

anime and videogame lover
Towns Folk
hi everyone today i found an option on kid icarus (a friend leaved me the game) that is useless!
its called give hearts to the godness or something like that its about that you give hearts to the godness palutena and she walks to you and then when you give the max numbers of hearts NOTHING HAPPENS!
did you know that? o_O

I found that crazy too. I donated some of my hearts though because I think I'll get better weapons. No idea how to prove it though. Maybe dialogue is different. I'm not exactly sure.

Reactions: Susanafuerte
Donated like 10k hearts a bunch of times and all it does is bring the godness closer in spirit or whatever
It's the same with the other red godness, forgot her name, the closeness resets after a while so it's pointless to offer up any hearts

Well I found that quite useless too :/
Well giving hearts to the goddesses seems to make you "closer" in spirit , whatever that even means :p
Still though I donate a few because sometimes I am just bored so I donate like a few hundreds not too much just so that my current hearts have an equal amount

I wouldn't wonder anyone donating a million hearts :eek:

I always donate hearts so I can change the number of hearts I have to a 'interesting number'. For example, if I have 13452 hearts I will donate to get 12345 because why not :)

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Maybe it's a placebo effect? Maybe they're saying that to make it seem like the players really are closer in spirit, making them, in turn, more confident in themselves. Although it may not do anything good on paper, it might have been a large impact on how you play. Maybe a level is too hard for you. Maybe you can't beat Dark Pit, and you can't get better equipment. You give hearts to the goddesses, you feel more confident about yourselves, and because of that, you have that edge that puts you into a better position, and you do better. You win. You beat the level.

I've always felt that the weapons that you get after donating keep improving but I have no real way to prove it. Once you craft your perfect weapon though, hearts become pretty useless so you may as well donate them right?

I always thought it increased the how often sales occurred in the shop

I actualy did some research, but i'm not 100% sure. So I gave Palutena max hearts and when I went on Thanat-oes-...to(Forgot name lol) it gave me 6 peices of food, which is higher than the amount your usually supposed to get. I do believe that donating does give benefits in the game, but only small differences. Maybe it also boost more HP whenever eating food. It could even drop the price of weapons on the shop more occasionally. :p

Reactions: Kadaj and AngelsShadow
hi everyone today i found an option on kid icarus (a friend leaved me the game) that is useless!
its called give hearts to the godness or something like that its about that you give hearts to the godness palutena and she walks to you and then when you give the max numbers of hearts NOTHING HAPPENS!
did you know that? o_O
The dialogue is slightly different that’s all really

did you know that? o_O

hmm, to be honest i just think its a place to dump hearts if you have more than you know what to do with, yes kinda useless its hard for me to argue with that... there has been some debate for a while about what it does, some people think it gives you better chance for discounts in weapon shop, some say you get more hearts midstage if you do this, etc, there have been a lot of strange ideas going around to keep it short and to the point (dont wanna go bursts of words here), but i havent seen any legit proof so ive just decided these ideas were just man-made myths by other players for that reason

TBH I think y'all just got punked.

Reactions: Ashkil
I think there are some puzzle peices that require doing it but i might be wrong on that. Its been awhile

I think there are some puzzle peices that require doing it but i might be wrong on that. Its been awhile
do you mean that thing called the powers puzzle or something ? I thought i remember seeing a puzzle that you need to get unique powers in chapters in order to complete. i havent played for a while but there was a while i was playing that a bunch during personal off time and i think i remember something like that, along with this thing called treasure hunt where you have to do various things to unlock panels and extra goodies if you were talking about that instead of the power thing i described

do you mean that thing called the powers puzzle or something ? I thought i remember seeing a puzzle that you need to get unique powers in chapters in order to complete. i havent played for a while but there was a while i was playing that a bunch during personal off time and i think i remember something like that, along with this thing called treasure hunt where you have to do various things to unlock panels and extra goodies if you were talking about that instead of the power thing i described
i was talking about the treasure hunt. I think that there were some panels asking to use that function.

i was talking about the treasure hunt. I think that there were some panels asking to use that function.
Nope there are none that require you to donate hearts.

I guess it’s pointless then. its just a pointless feature for people with too much time on thier hands and dont have anything to use them for or don’t want to use it for what is available currently.

Yeah, looks pretty pointless to me too. I think it’s trying to say you’ll be closer to the goddesses in spirit, like in real life, but baloney, I say! I never really got the idea of that feature, but whatever. :p

Reactions: Kadaj
Yeah, looks pretty pointless to me too. I think it’s trying to say you’ll be closer to the goddesses in spirit, like in real life, but baloney, I say! I never really got the idea of that feature, but whatever. :p
agreed, it was definitely an awkward filler for this game. i dont really understand the point of this option except 'just for the heck of it' since virtually nothing seems to happen even when you offer up max hearts. yes, i saw someone actually do this >.< i mean, unless youve got so many hearts you dont know what to do with them, there's really nothing else this would help with. just a virtual trash can, literally...

Its probably just there to make you think its making you stronger. You then believe you are stronger, therefore you try harder, despite it doing next to nothing. Placebo.

Back