Using Bing instead?

• Thread starter LarryMyster
  • Start date
LarryMyster

LarryMyster

Gamer Dude
Towns Folk
Of course I'm not here to promote it in anyway! But I do like Bing a little more than Google sometimes just because each time you search something it adds points which can be later spent on gift cards, or other things.

The benefits of it, you get free stuff. The down part is, its not as good as google search.

Does anyone else use it?

It adds points? I've never heard of this... Hmm seems interesting. I should look into this. Is there a video I can watch to learn how it works?

Of course I'm not here to promote it in anyway! But I do like Bing a little more than Google sometimes just because each time you search something it adds points which can be later spent on gift cards, or other things.

The benefits of it, you get free stuff. The down part is, its not as good as google search.

Does anyone else use it?
I have attempted to use the points system on Bing before, but I honestly think that Bing is just such bad of a search engine that the points aren't even worth it. Plus, I don't use half of Microsoft's products and I prefer a "seamless" experience when using my devices. I will admit that Bing has improved over the years, but it is definitely not Google search. Google will always be my favorite, even if they own my soul.

Reactions: Duffy
I never heard the news of searching in Bing adds points before, but I tried Bing several times when Bing was pretty new. For me, one standing point of Bing is the homepage where the image seems to be different each day, just like how Google doodles do. Yet, I'm still sticking to Google search for now because I used it pretty much.

It adds points? I've never heard of this... Hmm seems interesting. I should look into this. Is there a video I can watch to learn how it works?

Its really simple. Just have a Microsoft Account and be signed in while searching bing. Rewards for redeemed points can be such as gift cards, xbox live, or sweepstakes. They have plenty of rewards to choose from.

I never heard the news of searching in Bing adds points before, but I tried Bing several times when Bing was pretty new. For me, one standing point of Bing is the homepage where the image seems to be different each day, just like how Google doodles do. Yet, I'm still sticking to Google search for now because I used it pretty much.

Well to me I don't ever use it either. However I just make 10 random searches a day and stack my points. I sort of abuse the system but if Microsoft is intended on giving us free stuff I say why not? Again, I use Google primary, but Bing just to get free stuff.

Reactions: pokerus
If I were to roughly calculate the percentage of all the searches allocated to Bing as it relates to all the internet searches I've done in my life, it'd probably be super duper insignificant, like 0.000001%. Most of the time, Bing is what I so happen to use when I forget to change my default search engine.

I've heard of Microsoft Rewards and I would be able to bear using Bing to take advantage of it, but it is available for US residents only so I'm sticking with Google.

Bing Rewards does work BTW, I got a $5 dollars in about a little more than 2 weeks

I've used the Microsoft rewards site with Bing and Microsoft Edge - and I recently got a free copy for of Cuphead! :D
My friend also won an Xbox 360 back in the early days of the site.
I still use Google and Firefox, but there's no harm in checking out the Microsoft rewards page now and then to earn a few points. You can enter sweepstakes, earn Microsoft/Windows store credit, and more.

I'd rather just use DuckDuckGo and not have my search history sold on for £10 to whatever company asks for it.

Seriously, I don't really care if Bing does this "free points" thing. You do realise they started that program to try and make people use it over google cause they know their search engine is terrible compared to like, most other search engines.

Reactions: Jisenku
I tried for a couple of days, but I really couldn't get used to browsing on MS Edge and searching things on Bing in order to gather points on MS Rewards program...
I've used the Microsoft rewards site with Bing and Microsoft Edge - and I recently got a free copy for of Cuphead! :D
My friend also won an Xbox 360 back in the early days of the site.
I still use Google and Firefox, but there's no harm in checking out the Microsoft rewards page now and then to earn a few points. You can enter sweepstakes, earn Microsoft/Windows store credit, and more.

Well, maybe I could try again XD

I used to use it a lot to get Microsoft Rewards points, but not much anymore. Tbh, I have a ton of points saved up, but never did anything woth ‘em. xD

Right now, I’m sticking with Safari (if I’m on my iPad), and Google Chrome (if I’m on my PC). Idk why, I just feel like they’re the most reliable web browsers currently.

I don't really like Bing, I feel like it always misses to find what I'm looking for, I vastly prefer to use either Google - the most reliable - or DuckDuckGo for the privacy.

I never knew about that points system, and I also never tried Bing before. But I'll be sticking with my old reliable search engine, Google. :love:

I only use Bing for stuff Google can't find like unholy content :sneaky:. Yandex is pretty neat too but it's a Russian search engine but finds things the others don't.

Reactions: Jisenku
I only use Bing for stuff Google can't find like unholy content :sneaky:. Yandex is pretty neat too but it's a Russian search engine but finds things the others don't.
Unholy content eh? :sneaky:
Never hard of Yandex. I like to stick with good old Google.

Back