Ultra S/M USUM Partner Cap Pikachu Can Be Shiny

• Thread starter buckembarnes
  • Start date
buckembarnes

buckembarnes

Collector
Towns Folk
The Partner Cap Pikachu that can be redeemed by the QR code given out at movies can be shiny. This appears to be an accident, as the Cap Pikachu doesn't have a shiny sprite, so the only difference is the red star on it's summary screen. Oddly enough, Pikachu can not be shiny if you have the same TSV as Ash, which I heard is 1009.

@wwwwwwzx's Twitter post on the discovery

Reactions: Duffy
The capped Pikachu can't be shiny. It must have been an error on their part. Usually the people who host these events tend to rush things and not make sure they are set to go with an event. You may be able to find one online if possible

The capped Pikachu can't be shiny. It must have been an error on their part. Usually the people who host these events tend to rush things and not make sure they are set to go with an event. You may be able to find one online if possible

Although it doesn't have a shiny sprite, the red star marks it as shiny. I did say it was probably an accident, but the mistake in the code does allow it to be shiny. I plan to RNG mine since I haven't redeemed mine yet, though it should be possible to soft-reset for one as well. I've seen a couple people posting their's for trade, but I'd rather have my own.

Back