• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vii

Vii

(*⁰▿⁰*)/
Towns Folk
0acab9a3bab7e990b9b46498a8948e7c.png

Welcome to my Mono-Type Tournament! Only 18 participants, as their are only 18 types. You have to pick one type throughout the whole Tournament.
First come, first serve.
Dual types are allowed, as long as one of the types is the type you picked.
(Ex: Carbink for Fairy)

This tournament will be in singles 6 v. 6 format using rules on Smogon's OU Clauses and Ban List. Please keep in mind that the rules and banned Pokemon are not as what they seem. :3

(If you know you're going to disappear after X days or you can't set a time to meet up with other players, do NOT join.)

All Battles must be done in a week time. If you have not finished your battle, I will move the more active person ahead.

Entry fee: 5PC!
In order to reserve the typing, send the 5PC once you post.

Rules

If you feel as though a rule or banned Pokemon should be added, let me know & I'll consider it.

In the case of Mega Evolutions, the Pokémon's typing in its regular form is what matters. For example, Gyarados is a Water / Flying type, so even though Mega Gyarados is Water / Dark, it can still be used on a Flying team. Following the same rule, Mega Gyarados cannot be used on a Dark team because regular Gyarados is not Dark-type.
Kalos/ORAS Caught/ Bred Pokemon ONLY.

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

Thus: A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.

A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.

A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

No Pokémon may use the move Dark Void.

Item Clause: A player may not use the same item twice in their team of 6 Pokemon for the duration of the battle an example being Leftovers on a Blissey and Leftovers on a Gourgeist is not allowed BUT Black Sludge on Amoonguss and Leftovers on Blissey is allowed.

Banned Items: Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Lucarionite, Latiosite/latiasite, Salamencite, Soul Dew, Quick Claw

Banned Move: Swagger

Banned Abilities: Protean
Aegislash
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-all forms
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Hoopa
Hoopa-Unbound
Keldeo *Both forms*
Kyogre
Kyurem
Kyurem-W
Kyurem-B
Landorus-I
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin *Sky form only*

Talonflame
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

Can't forget about the Prizes!

1st Place: 100PC

2nd Place: 50PC

3rd Place: 25 PC

4th Place + Below: Fennekin Cupcakes!

Good luck to all participants!

!~Participants~!

Normal: @Marc
Fire: @KJ
Water: @Zaeehh
Grass: @N
Electric: @SmashChamp
Bug: @luxray6490
Fighting: @J9794
Psychic: @mourning_sun
Ghost: @Danny
Flying: @NormalNinja
Poison: @Da_Big_Bear
Ice: @Vii
Rock: @DeathDragon
Ground: @vincent888
Dragon: @Pk1410
Steel: @Bobcam7!
Dark: @pokefreak
Fairy: @paceygym

!~Tournament Bracket~!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18388, Danny, Evelyn and 3 others
I'll choose dark :3!

You just had to put Talonflame in bold huh...

Reactions: Vii
I'll choose dark :3!

You just had to put Talonflame in bold huh...

:P Had to. Also, pay the Entry Fee too. Otherwise I can't reserve the type you have picked.

Reactions: Pookie
Say we pick flying and have a Charzard on our team. Could we mega evolve him into his X mega who loses the flying typing?

Say we pick flying and have a Charzard on our team. Could we mega evolve him into his X mega who loses the flying typing?
No, Megas are fine but (correct me if I'm wrong Vii) say you have charizard like you described, a fire/flying type correct, then if you mega evolve him into mega Y who has fire/flying and say you picked mono flying, M-Charizard Y is fine, but M-Charizard X who is a fire/dragon and no longer flying is not allowed. So megas who lose their mono type are not allowed. (Again correct me if I'm wrong Vii)

EDIT: You could avoid this by picking fire...right...?

Reactions: Vii
Alright. I'm going to grab steel, sending PC now!

I think Zard X is banned in Smogon's Monotype tier, anyways :p (but not because of that reason :eek: )
I'll take Flying type but i i'll only be available after this Saturday :/

That fact that no one is picking psychic or poison scares me...

That fact that no one is picking psychic or poison scares me...
I think Psychic has bad reputation in Smogon's Monotype but for the best reasons :sneaky:

I think Zard X is banned in Smogon's Monotype tier, anyways :p (but not because of that reason :eek: )
Pay the Fee. >.<

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are gonna miss that lol...try putting it by the prizes, that'll work...

Pay the Fee. >.<
Oh! It didnt completely made the transfer... Bad connection is bad... This place sucks so much ;_;

I wish the best of luck to you. Prepare to be Stealth Rocked.

I wish the best of luck to you. Prepare to be Stealth Rocked.
I'll destroy you guys even before you can setup Stealth Rocks :sneaky:

Also, as the Flying type contestant, am i allowed to use:
  • Mega Charizard X?
  • Mega Gyarados?
  • Mega Altaria?
Since Zard X is banned in Smogon's Monotype, i supose the answer is no for it, but what about the others?

Nope, none. Since All of them toss the flying type when they mega evolve their mega evolutions are unusable.

I'll destroy you guys even before you can setup Stealth Rocks :sneaky:
...Three words: Bulky Steel Types. You will be Stealth Rocked. I'm going to (Stealth) Rock your world. :cool:

In the case of Mega Evolutions, the Pokémon's typing in its regular forme is what matters. For example, Gyarados is a Water / Flying type, so even though Mega Gyarados is Water / Dark, it can still be used on a Flying team. Following the same rule, Mega Gyarados cannot be used on a Dark team because regular Gyarados is not Dark-type.
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/monotype/

So... Mega Altaria's Fire Blast and Mega Gyarados' Earthquake FTW Bob? :cool:

EDIT: It depends: if OU rules apply, Mega Altaria FTW. If Monotype rules, crap...

Coming in with that Grass Type
I'm in it for the Fennekin Cupcakes :p

Reactions: Pookie
Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back