Was Nintendo 64 good or bad?

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
Was the Nintendo 64 good or bad? If you thought the Nintendo 64 was good then explain why you liked it and what was you favorite game from the console.If you thought it was bad then explain why you didn't like it and what was the worst game from it or what should have been improved.

I think history has very well established the N64's worth.
I found it was very good because its got a very nice selection of games.

Reactions: Dark Link
I think Nintendo 64 is pretty unique considering that it also have several fine games, even though I didn't knew about N64's existence back then despite seeing one particular N64 game in a certain store (later I discovered it to be Super Smash Bros.), mainly because PSone was very popular in its heyday. It took years until I find out about N64 when I searched for some gaming info on the internet.

Reactions: Dark Link
Yea the N64 had a lot of cool games that were made when it was out like it was the first console with the first Super Smash bros game in gaming history and it was the first console to introduce Mario into a 3d game which is Mario 64 a really fun game. Also Pokémon Stadium the first 3d game came out and was cool because you could use your GC game like pokemon Red,Blue,Yellow when it came out and when Pokémon Stadium 2 came out you could use your GB with Pokemon ,Gold,Silver, and Crystal and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest and Majoras Mask were fun too since you could move around which was the first game too in The Legend of Zelda series and they were also remade for the 3ds which brought back so much memories. Most of the games made from the Nintendo 64 were fun and some of them are even better than some game rn that's what I think and it made Nintendo games grow and evolve that's what I think and it made kids back then have experience with them.

It was the staple of the company at the time. Before the N64, no one else had done a full 3D game like Super Mario or Ocarina of Time.

I like the n64 because it brought us the beginning of 3D Nintendo games like Zelda oot and mm and sm64 which were great games lots of fun and gave a lot of you older gamers amazement to see your favorite games in 3D which I bet was amazing to see I do own a couple n64's myself but I never got to see what it was like when those amazing 3D games came out but i hoped everyone enjoyed the n64 bye.

Nintendo 64 was one of the best consoles of its time. It had the best collection of games at that time. It did lack in terms of technology (lack of CD, lower power, etc), but the library of games pretty much made up for all that. Still considered one of the best Nintendo consoles.

It was a really well recieved console. I never had one so I don't knoe much about it. All I know is that it was a great console with awesome classic games on it.

Reactions: AricAttack
I thought that the N64 was a fantastic console. It was revolutionary at the time, and even now, imagine if we didn’t have the N64, and all the untold classics to go with them. We wouldn’t have Ocarine of Time, or Majora’s Mask, or Super Smash Bros, or Mario Party, or a ton of other fantastic games! The N64 was incredible back then, and it’s definitely a wonderful memory today.

I never grew up with the N64 but from the games I've seen like DK64, Goldeneye 007, and Kirby 64 the Crystal Shards besides the games that we normally get from other consoles now made it better than the competition, but it ain't got nothing on Spyro.

Many of the games today are still very similar to the iterations from the N64. Super mario 64 was a amazing start for 3d mario. Starfox 64 is still my favorite starfox game. Thier was alot of good third party games too. Mario kart 64 adjusted super mario kart and it hasn’t changed too much since. Ocarina of time is a masterpiece to many, and mario party got its start there too. My library of 64 games is small, but there isn’t a single game i have for it that I don’t love.

I never owned or played an N64 but I technically have played one of its games. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time! I played the port on the 3DS and I fell in love with it. It was a really awesome game.

I love the N64. I felt the system really did well improving on genres.

1.FPS for consoles became so much better and graphically upgraded (Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Turok)
2.Wrestling games greatly improved and were more fluid (WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WWF No Mercy)
3.3D games became more enjoyable and expansive with more to do and see.

Just look at the games, and there you have your answer.
Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye 007, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Conker... I could go on.

I adore the Nintendo 64 because of the amazing titles they had. it created many new series too like super smash brothers, 3d Mario games, legend of zelda games etc. it even introduced 4 player local multiplayer unlike it's competition at the time of its release. but PlayStation had the high ground for using Cd's while the Nintendo 64 used cartridges which held less data therefore developers published their game to the PlayStation.

The N64 had some pretty timeless classics not gonna lie. Ocarina of time, Majoras mask, the first smash game. All of these classics existed on the N64. Calling the N64 bad is a sin in my opinion. Sure the tech was outdated with it's cartridges and what not but that didn't stop Nintendo from producing absolutely timeless classics on the system. Also come on. The first smash game existed on the N64. If that doesn't bring a console to fame I don't know what does.

Was the Nintendo 64 good or bad? If you thought the Nintendo 64 was good then explain why you liked it and what was you favorite game from the console.If you thought it was bad then explain why you didn't like it and what was the worst game from it or what should have been improved.
I think it was good because

a. the games. Super Mario 64 was a launch title and was revolutionary for 3D game design back in the years of I-wasn't-born-yet, and the N64 had more timeless classic like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kat 64, Mario Party 2, and the other remaining 100 or so games

b. because it was the first game console (that I knew of) that had 4-player-multiplayer built in. I mean. Mario Kart. with 3 other people. bruh.

c. Idk, nostalgia i guess

Btw, Super Mario 64 is my favorite game from the N64

Back