Ultra S/M Was UsUm worth it

• Thread starter Dowhat?
  • Start date
Dowhat?

Dowhat?

Slightly Concerned
Towns Folk
I recently got Pokemon ultra sun and moon and I wondered how different it would be. After extensive playthrough I noticed several changes including small details and side quests new areas and more. A lot of places say the game is pretty much the same, but they never put and thought into all of the changes plus the much more known ones. Did you think it was worth it or was it not enough. I only got it for the new features so even if it is too similar it still has some new stuff.

Reactions: CheeseFlavouredCake
For me, I'm a collector, so buying USUM was 100% worth it for the new breedables alone. But I love all the extras details added to the new games. It feels much more complete than the originals in ways I didn't even notice were lacking. I love the details, so although it might not be worth it to some people, I definitely think it was worth it to me.

Reactions: Dowhat? and Duffy
As someone who really enjoyed playing the originals, I love USUM even more. It builds on what was, in my opinion, a great game, and because there are so many little changes here and there it feels like a new game as opposed to replaying regular S/M. Definitely worth it!

Reactions: Dowhat?
Yeah I chose a different starter which really changes the difficulty of especially the early game
If you’re wondering
Row let - easy mode
Kitten - normal mode
Pop polio - hard mode
Since I picked kitten last time and it was kinda easy I chose poppolio and it’s a bit more challenging , especially finding a fire type early on

I originally did not like Sun in Moon when they came out. But they grew on me over time, and now Gen 7 is my second favorite Gen. When USUM was announced, I was skeptical because they really weren't making any major announcements for a while. I figured it would be the same game rehashed with maybe some new Z-Moves and what not. To an extent, it certainly is a rehash. But the overall feel of the game is much better. I haven't gotten super far yet, but it's pretty good so far. They added some side story that hadn't been in Sun and Moon. I strongly recommend that if someone hadn't bought Sun and Moon, they should just go ahead an buy USUM instead because it's essentially the "final product" of Gen 7.

The one thing that they fixed in USUM was the HP bar! In Sun and Moon, the HP bar went down so slowly that it drove me crazy to do any EV training at all. Now that it's fixed, battles feel at lot smoother and up to pace with previous games in the Pokemon series.

Long story short, I did find it worth it to get this game. It's a pretty good third version of a game, kinda like a mix between Pokemon Platinum and Black/White 2.

Reactions: Dowhat?
I managed to miss the original sun and moon, but just picked up ultra moon. Gotta say, I'm really loving the game. Bettering the improvements X/Y made instead of following the missteps that were in Omega Ruby

Reactions: Duffy
Yes.

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are a lot different from the original Sun and Moon. There are a lot more features added, more fun stuff. The Ultra Versions are a lot better in my opinion and Im very glad I got Ultra Sun.

The start is pretty much the same but then in the middle things get very different. Its really cool.

it should have been a dlc expansion or something like that, its not worth the price of a full game

and yes, i know its simmilar to "pokemon emerald and platinium" but those editions were released in a time where dlc didnt exist for nintendo,(still i think the extra content of these two version should have been put in the original game by delating the originals if necesary) but today where dlc is viable, gamefreak dont have a excuse

it should have been a dlc expansion or something like that, its not worth the price of a full game

and yes, i know its simmilar to "pokemon emerald and platinium" but those editions were released in a time where dlc didnt exist for nintendo,(still i think the extra content of these two version should have been put in the original game by delating the originals if necesary) but today where dlc is viable, gamefreak dont have a excuse

I don't agree with you fully. I don't think it should of been DLC. How would it work? I think it is very worth the full price too. Maybe there should of been just one game, like Pokemon Stars or something, and not Ultra games for both. But I think it was quite creative of Nintendo trying something new for their games.

I don't agree with you fully. I don't think it should of been DLC. How would it work?
simple, doing a uptade that would let you buy the dlc, then let the player start something like a "new game + "playtrough with the player being able to keep his pokemon ,you will be able to see the diferences with your overpowered pokemons or catch new ones for the "new game +"
Maybe there should of been just one game, like Pokemon Stars or something, and not Ultra games for both
it would be the same thing

But I think it was quite creative of Nintendo trying something new for their games
i think our view for what is "creative" are very diferent,also, gamefreak isnt nintendo, the only control that nintendo has over gamefreak is that the pokemon games will only be released in nintendo consoles (gamefreak did a game about a elephant that didnt got released in a nintendo game)

It's worth it if you want Lv. 100 event Pokémon and a couple more Pokémon to use in the meta or if you haven't played Sun/Moon because their exclusives are the same and I don't think Sun/Moon have Pokémon you can't get in USUM. The Team Rainbow Rocket story is fun but I think if you use transferred Pokémon or grinded the legends you got in Ultra Space to face the villains makes everything less rewarding so there's that end of the stick.

The Team Rainbow Rocket episode was very fun. Kinda short but still pretty cool.

Back