• Multi-Para

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hikaiet

Hikaiet

(0 v 0)-b
Towns Folk
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeello everyone!

@Dark Link @Artisan @OshaWhat!!! @KingHorseHead @LittleTrain

Thank you all for showing interest! We can all brainstorm, goof off, and submit things here until we get the in-character thread running.

A character sheet template will be posted shortly, as will a few ideas for the region and concept and such.

As for the poll above, these are what each term means.

NOTE: Save for the script format one, which are edited from the examples, these belong to Manorly of the FF8 Kingdom Zeta Boards. These are NOT examples of my writing and I do not claim them to be mine.

The simplest of all formats. Works best in fast paced RPs or chat-based ones. Easy to write, often harder to respond to. Example:

Delphi held his goblet, and gazed across a particularly attractive woman.

A format which reads like a script. Can be brief or detailed, but are rarely very long. Typically found in chat based RPs of any pace. Examples:

Delphi: *holds goblet, gazing across a particularly attractive woman.*

OR

[The tavern is cold, as is apparent by the number of those wrapped in woolen cloaks and the lack of cold drinks in the hands of customers.]

Delphi: *Slowly makes his way across, surrounded by friends and damsels from across the plains. He carefully sips from his goblet as he eyes a woman from across the room, one his prankster of a companion was just speaking of. He is clearly infatuated*

A format that is more built upon that one-liners, but does not quite reach Paragraph standards. One of the most common and well-accepted formats, especially among newer or younger RPers, as well as more fast-paced RPs or more detailed chat RPs. Example:

Delphi rolled back his head, laughing at the jest his companion had proclaimed. However, his fellow adventurers began to speak of a charismatic female nearby, and this caught the ranger's attention. With a quick turn of his head, he gazed at the beautiful woman, examining her from head to foot

A format that is built to be both detailed enough to set scene and give other RPers incentive to respond, but precise enough so that one doesn't get burnt out typing. Typically around 5-9 sentences. The most common format next to semi-para, found typically in forums rather than chatrooms. Suitable for any pace. Example:

The tavern felt cold to him, though he was bound tightly in his woolen cloak. The ranger started around the tavern, surrounded by friends and damsels from across the plains. As his friend performed some mild prank, Delphi idly chuckled at it, not exactly sure what happened. Though, his interest was sparked when his companions began to discuss about a maiden nearby. Delphi turned his head, and took a sip from his goblet. Though he was somewhat intoxicated, he was still able to tell she was a beautiful woman.

What one can consider an expanded form of Paragraph. It is usually used among older or more experienced RPers, and can be a bit daunting to newer ones. The pacing for these RPs tend to be slower due to post length, but they read most like a story. Unsuitable for chatrooms. Example:

A small zephyr passed through the tavern's walls. This small gale pierced through even Delphi's thick wool cloak, and the fire was surrounded by the majority of the tavern's patrons. The ranger attempted to bundle up tighter; however his efforts at warmth were in vain. Thus, the man took a swift drink from his goblet, and examined his companions. They all were merry, despite the weather that occurred outside. Yet, he wondered how they could be so jovial.

The adventuring party laughed and jested, even causing the apathetic archer to chuckle a bit. However, Delphi wasn't sincerely interested in such superficial conversation. However, then the group moved upon a topic he could finally relate: women. One of the adventurers mentioned a damsel in the back of the tavern, and suggested the ranger to approach her. Obviously, Delphi couldn't deny. He turned around, goblet in hand, to stare at this woman they were talking about.

As he turned his head, Delphi saw perhaps the most charismatic woman in the tavern. She wore a bright crimson coat, with a royal blue skirt. The colour combination was typical of this region, seeing the startling amount of red-berry producing flora. Her cheeks were flushed by the cold, but this was offset by her flowing hair. It fell slightly beyond her shoulders, kept at a practical length, but was marvelous none the less. The ranger decided to take his chances, and stood from his chair to go speak with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aura Knight and Dowhat?
Here's a basic character sheet! You can add more to it and some changes may be made as we continue to flesh out the concept, but it should do for now. With it is an example of a pre-filled character sheet.

Name: (Your character's name, plain and simple. Can include aliases.)

Age: (Character's age, also plain and simple. Please note that unless enrolled in a school that gives them temporary, trainers should be at least 10 years old. Gym Leaders are an exception.)

Appearance: (You can use an image, write it, or both)

Personality OR Writing example: (Your choice here. Either write a drabble that shows us a sneak-peak at their personality, or just describe it.)

Bio: (Can be as long or short as you like. If you want things to be secretive, please run it over with me first to make sure it's a-okay. If you went with personality above, you can incorporate that into here rather than have it as its own section.)

Team: (Pokemon currently on their party. Note that our rookie group - main characters if you will- shouldn't have any Pokemon meant for battling yet.)

Name: Bidix "Professor" Fir

Appearance:
tumblr_static_apzscukxs9sk44kg00k48s8cs.png

Bio: One of the region's main professors, Fir is the longtime would-be big brother of Cypress.

Hailing from Orre, it's no wonder that Fir chose the path to become a professor. After all, who better a researcher of Pokémon than someone from a region unable to naturally sustain them - from a region that has used and abused them purely as weapons of war? Near everyone who was born near the era of Shadow Pokemon can ever truly forget the atrocities man and Pokémon committed upon each other and themselves.

His interest in the bonds between Pokémon and man and how they affected one another on a personal level were prominent even in his early years, but his appreciation for their effects on an environmental level never really clicked with him until he traveled to Hoenn, where he first

While Cypress studies Pokemon-Human relationships and growth from a physical and evolutionary viewpoint, Fir takes on the social and contemporary standpoint of these studies - how the two benefit and harm each other in their actions and interactions, and how to better prevent any region reaching his homeland's level of pollution, both environmentally and morally. On top of their studies often overlapping, their personalities do, too, with Fir being just as immature and even more eccentric than his counterpart. He does, however, take on the more responsible role of the two, often chastising Cypress's lack adherence to safety protocol and his sometimes too-loose behaviour. It would be a stretch to call him a voice of reason, but he does know where to draw a line and can be surprisingly stubborn about not crossing them.

Team:

Salix - Commonly seen hanging around (often literally) the professor, Salix is one of the newest additions to the team. Raised as a Cottonee upon arriving to Senoto,

Viola - The professor's starter

Linum-

Dianthus - A Volbeat with a

Other Pokemon:

Jade - A clown of a Chatot who is kept strictly as a pet. Next to Salix, he is one of the few Pokémon who is typically seen outside of their ball but never within the lab, due to him having a penchant for trouble. Their bond is stronger than with any of their Pokémon, as Jade has known Fir since birth, originally having been his uncle's traveling companion and passed onto his sister (Fir's mother). when he returned to Sinnoh. With that said, Borago is very much capable of battle if need be, though a little rough around the edges in technique.

Various

Atop that, Sal (littletrain), Py (Kinghorsehead), and I have been brainstorming some things about the region. Some ideas thus far:

-The region is a mostly undocumented one, cut off from most of society. The trainers here will very much be pioneers here, as much research assistants as trainers, and would be an older group.

-The region is developing one, relatively behind technologically and education wise, but still very much one rich in its own culture and customs. The trainers will still very much be pioneers here, but easily varied in group age.

-The region is a large, well known one that draws in young trainers for its high reputation and competitive schooling and tournaments. Our group will be those who made it with too high a hope and look for help as trainers through...other sources. In this case, two eccentric professors who have recently graduated and are more willing to take in stragglers. This would mean our trainer group would be younger.

We were also discussing the possibility of fan-made Pokemon.

Thoughts? Once we get a basic idea we can flesh it out more.

This all said, it is very likely that I won't be able to respond to much in-depth until Friday. Please do try to understand.

Last edited:
As an additional note, I myself will be unable to respond much at all between this friday and next wednesday, but our lovely loon and sal should be able to sort everything out without me during that time!

Going by the poll, I also think it's safe to say that we'll be going by Paragraph format, but I would also like to suggest something additional:

While our default will be paragraph format, one will not be penalized for going for semi-para or multi-para, as long as it is not constant, in order to give a more varied but manageable flow, and to coincide with the very high votes for those two formats as well.

Does that sound good?

@Aura_Knight394 , I see you liked the original post - are you interested in perhaps joining our merry little group? It would be a pleasure to have you.

Other ideas discussed:

-Whether or not we will be using chance/stat mechanics for battles/encounters or not. I personally think that things such as random encounters and regular trainer battles can be decided among RPers, but that more heavy fated battles like gym battles would be better off using chance/stat mechanics.

-Limiting to 4 moves per Pokémon

-Whether we will have a traditional gym leader->elite four system or not

Sure. I haven't been very active among the RP community, so why not?

Glad to hear it! You have any input on the ideas above, or nah?

I don't have any input on the ideas; I'm actually quite interested to see where this will go.

the 1st idea sound like the best one to go with, since it would be the easiest to manage

Really? Huh...I kinda thought the second would be easiest to manage, while the last one of the three was the one I liked most...glad to have your input then! We'll see how others think.

now that i think about it the 3rd idea is good, but not much woukd happen in terms of worldbuilding

Reactions: Hikaiet
now that i think about it the 3rd idea is good, but not much woukd happen in terms of worldbuilding

I mean, we'd still be building our own region, so I'll have to disagree on that part. If anything, we'll be doing way more worldbuilding than in the first as it would be, y'know, an already established region with its own customs and cultures and cities and all that. 2 and 3 are options which have far more world building than 1, since 1 would be lowly and sparsely populated by people methinks - otherwise there's no reason it'd be so closed off.

ok, the 3rd idea could be great, ill go with it :D i already have a couple of charecter ideas for it

ok, the 3rd idea could be great, ill go with it :D i already have a couple of charecter ideas for it

Alrighty! And feel free to put a few ideas down! The character sheets are there, after all!

Name: Rigs

Appearance: 6'1" brunette with a lean build and a knack for running.

Personality OR Writing example: He is a person that always tries to get work done, right, and fast the first time, which makes him prone to going ahead of whatever group he's part of on his own pace. Nevertheless he understands what his actions may do to people, so he strives to make the best connections with people and Pokemon.

Bio: He was raised by his parents to always work hard and to take advantage of any opportunity given. He lives with 6 siblings and 2 parents. He's always dreamed of leaving and finding a place to call home.

Team: Riolu -Lv. 5 (starter due to some stupidity on his part)

Name: Randolph

Apearnce: 5'7 with mediumish long brown hair
cococoocllll.jpg

Personality: a outgoing trainer, who aims to improve in any way he can.

Bio: orginally from akkala island in alola region he was always interested in exploring and learning more about pokemon. He has beat the water and fire trial along with a z ring but, barely uses it. He is still quite a new trainer and aims to find more to accomplish.

Team
Inferno: a quite decent torracat, and randall's 1st pokemon, he got him as a litten from proffeser kui kui by accident, but since they met kui kui decided that randall was a good trainer for litten. He later evolved into torracat

Tide: an oshawott who randall first met via randomly messing with his pokedex. He found that a foreign pokemon was near him, and caught it.

Zip: ...

info will be expanded on as the plot unravels...

Name: Xavier

Appearance:
Uses way too much hair dye. Likes to wear denim jeans and a leather jacket and occasionally Black Glasses (they play an important role in the story later on.)

Personality or Writing Example: It was down pouring rain and his chance of getting anywhere was slim that evening. The only Pokémon left in his pocket wasn't made to handle this weather but he had hope to reach it to the next city. He then sat down and meditated and came up with an idea.

Bio: Xavier was born in a family full of girls that made fun of him and the only man in the family was his father who left him at a young age. Xavier since then has found trouble to fit in so he decided to leave to find his father.

Team: Cubone when he finds one.

Back