• Start date

Which character are you most exited about

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cna2002

Cna2002

Super smash bros dawg
Towns Folk
im starting super smash bros and need a good character to use but there are too many characters to chose from

Back when I first played Smash Bros. 3DS I really enjoyed starting off with Little Mac and Rosalina and Luma. If you haven't mastered jumping Little Mac is a good start because he doesn't need to jump (unless your recovering). Avoid using Greninja or Captain Falcon because they're hard to master. Marth and Rosalina are easier to master because they mainly depend on spacing Smash attacking and jumping (or shorthopping if you are a good player).

I agree, Little Mac was my first starter and he's a great pick for newbies to the series. His attacks can be Dumbfoundingly powerful if you learn all his moves, which brings thrill to the smash series. I would say that Mario would be a less fortunate starter but if you know what you're doing, it's either a great choice or a nightmare. So I would say due to his fighting style, little mac.

The first person I've used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl was (of course) Mario. Like Ryu is to Street Fighter, Mario is the standard all-around fighter. But of course, if you're looking for someone different, I'd go with Shulk. I just think the guy is awesome. His Smashes are pretty strong and fast. His Monado Arts can be useful in different situations. His F-air is good for keeping people are from the stage. He's the guy I go with in competitive matches.

I started off with Pikachu and he was fairly easy to use. Heck, I even still use him now XD The only thing I have found difficult with him is trying t master the move you should do when getting back onto a platform. Once you get that down though you'd be just fine. It really just depends on what you're looking for and your style of fighting. I would do some research on the characters that you are most interested in and go from there.

Well, I started smash on Brawl, so I got used to Toon Link. I use toon link a lot and I've just gotten used to for his attacks. Now back on topic. I would start out with Ness on 3ds, (you may realize my bias BUUTTT...) he's really good with combos and i like people who can move quickly and jump high. The reason I play toon link is because of his projectiles and and his smashes. I like ness because of his combos, which can build up damage to do his (amazing) backthrow. Toon Link also has a good backthrow, and a ranged grab so i love him <3

It's best to choose someone with a fair bit of speed, weight set more in the mid or lower-mid tier, with a few simple moves, moderate damage output, and pretty basic specials.

With that said, I recommend characters like Mario, Kirby, Toon Link, Either of the Pits, Lucina (a Marth for rookies,)
and Samus.

Ok thanks guys I'm starting as little Mac

go for someone basic like mario then once you learn how to play you can get good with advanced characters like greninja or captain falcon

I say that bayonetta is a good character because when I use this combo. Down hit. Then hit them up then up right now then up left move and before they fall I slow down time then summon a demon out the ground then I would of have already of done about 80 damage to. A person with me still having 0 damage. Link is also good because he could shoot and hit you with the sword. He is an amazing all rounder that can deal lots of damage.

I say that bayonetta is a good character because when I use this combo. Down hit. Then hit them up then up right now then up left move and before they fall I slow down time then summon a demon out the ground then I would of have already of done about 80 damage to. A person with me still having 0 damage...
I disagree with that statement. Since we're talking characters to start with, one as unusual and complex as Bayonetta would not be where I'd start. Also, the words and sentences I've underlined would not be so easily understood by one who's not seen a smash-game before, or a generic fighting game for that matter.

In most people's opinion, Mario is the simpilist character to start out with, however I suggest starting out with a heavy weight, because if you start with a lightweight you will get trashed and middle weight possibly too, but heavy weights survive for a longer time, so I suggest either Link or Captain Falcon, due to reliable specials and hard hitting moves, as well as being great for both simplistic and complex gameplay. Link is a character that starts out reliable and stays reliable, and C Falcon is also a great idea. Also, try the random button, who knows, maybe you'll find someone you like!

Reactions: MindzEye
Mario megaman ,Kirby,and Samus

Mario megaman ,Kirby,and Samus
Mega man is unlike any other character in Super smash bros four, so i highly disagree with choosing him as a first character. Kirby has no real... potential, because the character you start with you usally stick with, and kirby is very iffy. Samus is too much projectile too little speed and whatnot. However,Mario is a really simple character to learn and you have a very good shot at winning in 1v1 matches once you become a pro. First you mash buttons, then you technique, then you aireal spam/edgeguard, then you become a pro in no time!

Reactions: SuperMikeX
Mario would be a good choice to start off with as he's easy to learn, easy to play as, very fun to use and a safe, all-round character with a strong set of moves. You can get good results out of him quite easily without having to learn any tech skills or anything like that.

However, what I suggest is just going through the roster until there's a character that clicks with you. Each character functions in a different way, not just with their differing movesets and stats, but how you, the player has to utilise them. You might find that someone like sonic just doesn't work for you at all, but then luigi might suit you perfectly. There is no real one size fits all kind of character, however there are alot of falcon and mario players. I personally wouldn't suggest going for Little Mac (I spose you might as well start somewhere though) but Little Mac is only good if you really know how to use him and understand his many flaws.

Again, I'd say either go with mario to start, or just have a match or two with each character, moving on to the next person until you find one that's either fun to play as, or is getting good results.

Reactions: MindzEye and SuperMikeX
Choose whatever feels right to you! Always have a main! I would recommend Mario if your starting Smash. But this is just a recommendation so just use whatever feels right. Before Corrin came out, I was Lucina. Now that he's out, I always main Corrin. I love Fire Emblem! The first time I got Corrin, it felt natural. All of the moves, I already knew some combos. So what I'm saying is, use what you want to use. Try out other characters! Just have fun! Think of a character that will always be there to help you win no matter what. Even if you lose, you'll still feel like a winner.

All characters' playstyles differ from each other greatly (unless it's clones :p). Some characters that I found to be very easy to play and start with is Mario, Link and Pikachu :p Mario's is an all-round character; Lin is very good projectiles and strong attacks and Pikachu is agile and quick.

Then again, it's always good to try each characters :3

I would suggest my mains but I don't know if you could handle them so i'll start with giving you ones that helped me become the smash player I am.

Marth: If you can successfully land his tipper a number of times during games than you will be good with distance, range and space and would be amazing with marth.

Dr. Mario: If you can get used to his bad recovery than you would be less likely to die during matches and would be less of a ragequitter if you are one. Not really necessary but...

Mii fighters: These guys help a lot to get you use to multiple character moves and is the last step to using characters and having 20 mains xD

Reactions: Mr. L
I would suggest my mains but I don't know if you could handle them so i'll start with giving you ones that helped me become the smash player I am.

Marth: If you can successfully land his tipper a number of times during games than you will be good with distance, range and space and would be amazing with marth.

Dr. Mario: If you can get used to his bad recovery than you would be less likely to die during matches and would be less of a ragequitter if you are one. Not really necessary but...

Mii fighters: These guys help a lot to get you use to multiple character moves and is the last step to using characters and having 20 mains xD
Who're your mains?

Mii fighters are pretty good to toy with and have fun if you don't really know how to play, but I'm not too sure about Marth and Doctor Mario (just my personally preference). I'd personally replace Marth with Lucina and Dr. Mario with standard Mario as they're less technically complicated with hit boxes and such, but they're definitely some of the easier characters to learn on the list :p After experimenting with Lucina and Mario, then I'd move on to Marth and Dr. Mario to utilise their perks and differences.

I really want to fight you now though, I always like a challenge in smash :D Australia doesn't have the best connection though and I'm not a fan of online because of it. If we were to fight it'd probably be pretty laggy. I still want to fight you though :D

Reactions: MindzEye
I would recommend Mario, but in low level play (would make a joke about For Glory), too many new players just grab, down throw, to up tilt. And a beginner character should demonstrate that things can't always be solved by a predictable move, and honestly, it bugs me a lot on FG. xD Characters I would recommend are Kirby, Shulk, and Fox, Kirby being my most recommended. But in the end, it all boils down to who you really feel more comfortable with.

Back