What are some 3DS games with voice chat?

• Thread starter Super Smash Jordan
  • Start date
Super Smash Jordan

Super Smash Jordan

Anime Lover, Smash Player, Gamer of Heart
Towns Folk
I have questions for those who own a lot of 3ds game. One of them are which games are good and have voice chat? The reason is that I am curious to know whether I should get that game if it suites me.

which games are good and have voice chat?
I think the only 3DS games with voice chat are Pokemon X/Y/ORAS and Heroes of Ruin. I heard Heroes of Ruin's online play is a ghost town so it's probably not a good idea to pick it up in this day and age >.<

In Pokemon, you can enable voice chat while battling or trading with someone on your friend list.

There is a chat app available on the 3DS with voice chat though, called Chat-A-Lot :

It got a 4 out of 10 in its review here at 3DS Pedia tho, :panda:

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan
I think the only 3DS games with voice chat are Pokemon X/Y/ORAS and Heroes of Ruin. I heard Heroes of Ruin's online play is a ghost town so it's probably not a good idea to pick it up in this day and age >.<

In Pokemon, you can enable voice chat while battling or trading with someone on your friend list.

There is a chat app available on the 3DS with voice chat though, called Chat-A-Lot :

It got a 4 out of 10 in its review here at 3DS Pedia tho, :panda:
I requested developers via Twitter to include this feature in their future titles. Chat-a-lot would probably work for games like Splatoon or whatever online games there are for Wii u

I requested developers via Twitter to include this feature in their future titles. Chat-a-lot would probably work for games like Splatoon or whatever online games there are for Wii u
But the Wii U already has Wii U chat so I don't think many people would use it since the Wii U has its own. Plus Smash U let's you play with voice chat and Splatoon said it won't allow them in private lobbies for some reason .-.

Back on topic, the only games I know that has voice chat on 3DS is Pokémon XY and Pokémon ORAS. I didn't really find it useful to have it but it's an interesting feature to have at times, like negotiating trades and stuff.

But the Wii U already has Wii U chat so I don't think many people would use it since the Wii U has its own. Plus Smash U let's you play with voice chat and Splatoon said it won't allow them in private lobbies for some reason .-.

Back on topic, the only games I know that has voice chat on 3DS is Pokémon XY and Pokémon ORAS. I didn't really find it useful to have it but it's an interesting feature to have at times, like negotiating trades and stuff.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Mario Kart 8 have a "limited voice chat" function. Honestly if Nintendo was worried about negativity within younger groups then they should have made a feature where they select groups by age, making the online-based game easier to get strategy done or made it a Friends exclusive feature.

I really don't like the idea of groups by age, this could mess up the matchmaking systems and also it would make it even easier for predator to be paired with children online =/

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Mario Kart 8 have a "limited voice chat" function. Honestly if Nintendo was worried about negativity within younger groups then they should have made a feature where they select groups by age, making the online-based game easier to get strategy done or made it a Friends exclusive feature.
So it's like MK7 with preset greetings? I really don't like the idea of a chat system for 3DS games anyway since you already have Miiverse and because reasons made by @SunnyWindy which was the reason Swapnote was taken down. Pokemon X/Y is just like Swapnote in a way because your profile can have a picture on it and you have voice chat in battles/not in battles/trading (in Gen 5, I'm not sure about Gen 6).

Pokemon X, Y, OR, and AS all have Voice chat, whihc you can either choose to actovate as a simple just voice chat only feature when online, or in a Battle or Trade. It only works with people on your Friend's List though. It does however make it a lot more enjoyable and fun (in my opinion). The quality is decent, so Idk yet whether a plug in headset would work, I doubt it. But Any of those games work, and they are a ton of fun.

Back