What brought you to zelda?

• Thread starter MithrilChampion
  • Start date
MithrilChampion

MithrilChampion

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I remember having the twilight princess as one of the most awesome games I had ever played. It was a new style a new journey new combat. When I realized there were many many more games, I could not wait to play them all. The next game I played was when the skyward sword came out. I also played wind waker and a link between worlds. personally, my favorite is wind waker. What was your first zelda, and witch is your favorite?

For me it's because I loved puzzles as a kid. Like overly loved them. When I saw this adventure puzzle type game I knew that I would want to play it as it was right up my alley. For my favourite it would be A Link to the Past because it's just amazing in general and I love it to death! It is also my first Zelda so I'm slightly, if not entirely, biased about my opinion.

My friend was a bit of a Zelda fanatic and after watching him over a few months watching him play Ocarina of Time to completion, I eventually asked for Majora's Mask for Christmas, and then I got lucky and I got it! Unfortunately it wasn't my favourite and I went to the old retro games.

My first one was OoT, and I was immediately enchanted by the setting, the minimalistic, yet deep, plot, the quirky characters, the incredibly fun (outdated now, yes, but not back then) gameplay and combat, as well as the epic lore.

Been a Zelda fan since then, and no other fantasy series can even come close to match it for me.

Through most of my childhood, my half bros knew what Zelda was, and they were fans of the medium. (I admit in my infancy, I didn't care too much for the franchise.) but then I eventually picked it up again, and I started to enjoy the franchise myself.
While browsing for fan art of the series on Pinterest, I saw this comic, http://ferisae.deviantart.com/art/Finally-Over-P-1-311747341 (This is not accurate to the real final battle in Skyward Sword) My seeing this artist and her work I guess was what allowed me to create my own fannon.

I was introduced in high school by my then best friend. She was playing wind waker and when I got my first 3DS I got OoT and it was amazing. Not going to lie, I actually haven't finished it. It's been so long I'd either have to start over or look up the next step because I'm in some random place (to me at least) lol. Regardless of the fact I haven't finished it (including minish cap which I LOVE) I love the series and respect it for what it is.

-Danek

Reactions: Blue Knight
My cousin introduced me to the series. I remember the days where I was little and would watch him beat up monsters as my aunt read him the guide. Loved the platforming for ocarina of time, it felt like a great game, and from there my interest only grew.

Nothing feels greater than a family member showing you a series you fall in love with (Being cheesy here but its true for me :) )

Reactions: Blue Knight
I can remember that I always went to the video rental store in the town I grew up in in Indiana. It was called Crossroads Video, and they had a small section of Nintendo 64 games for rent. I cycled through renting Pokemon Snap, and some of the early Mario Party games. Week in and week out. Then I saw that they had a game called Legend of Zelda, and I thought it looked fun, so I got it. I've been hooked since then. ^-^

My first was Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past. This is because my parents have a SNES in excellent condition and I found the cartridge for the game. I beat it and fell in love with the series. I am currently playing Ocarina of Time (3D). I think that the most enchanting part of the series is all of the history of Hyrule and the evolution of link through the story line.

Well, much like Mario, my brother-in-law introduced me to a Link to the Past not the SNES, and I was instantly drawn to its play style. I love puzzles, so I found the game to be quite appealing to myself and, believe it or not, even more fun with friends (especially Wind Waker in that regard)

Back