What do you guys think of the homebrew channel for wii?

• Thread starter oshul
  • Start date
oshul

oshul

The main oshawott
Towns Folk
I'm hoping that I can get a wii so I can mod it and try to make my own tracks on mario kart wii. What are your thoughts about it?

Attempting to mod it can result in bricking your system. I don't recommend you should try it.

Also, doesn't Homebrew void the warranty on the system?

Reactions: AnimeGameKid
The only reason I homebrewed my Wii was to play with Smash mods since there was loads of cool characters and stages to choose from. I also got if for Mario Kart track mods and skin mods since those are a lot of fun to play with.

Reactions: Kalomaze
It's pretty useful.

Game mods, online play, video/music players, more functionality overall.

And, uh, I don't really care about the warranty, buzz off, lawyers :p

you should definitely do it! My main console is my hacked wii, but creating custom tracks isnt as easy as it seems :b

Honestly it's amazing the amount of people who state "Oh noes hacking iz gunna destroy yer systemz!!"

For the record yes, systems being bricked is something that can happen, but it entirely depends on the type of system, the availability of hacks/exploits at the time and the cognitive skills of the user attempting the exploiting. Bricking the system is NOT a 100% certainty when hacking, just a hazard.

For example, Wii homebrew is so easy to accomplish now that if you have a Wii system, an SD card and a computer capable of reading it with internet, then that is literally all you need to hack/homebrew it. Obviously I can't tell you how in respect of the community rules, but take my word for it. It goes without saying however that if you don't do the proper research and read instructions carefully (or failing that, asking someone who knows better) then you're likely to brick the system but that's on your head if that happens.

Warranty isn't really something to worry about anymore for the Wii (You can find 10 of these systems lined up in a second-hand store for pretty cheap) and at worst you break Nintendo's outdated terms of agreement on a system that they no longer produce.

Anyway @oshul I say so long as you make sure to read instructions carefully, go for it.

Honestly it's amazing the amount of people who state "Oh noes hacking iz gunna destroy yer systemz!!"

For the record yes, systems being bricked is something that can happen, but it entirely depends on the type of system, the availability of hacks/exploits at the time and the cognitive skills of the user attempting the exploiting. Bricking the system is NOT a 100% certainty when hacking, just a hazard.

For example, Wii homebrew is so easy to accomplish now that if you have a Wii system, an SD card and a computer capable of reading it with internet, then that is literally all you need to hack/homebrew it. Obviously I can't tell you how in respect of the community rules, but take my word for it. It goes without saying however that if you don't do the proper research and read instructions carefully (or failing that, asking someone who knows better) then you're likely to brick the system but that's on your head if that happens.

Warranty isn't really something to worry about anymore for the Wii (You can find 10 of these systems lined up in a second-hand store for pretty cheap) and at worst you break Nintendo's outdated terms of agreement on a system that they no longer produce.

Anyway @oshul I say so long as you make sure to read instructions carefully, go for it.
Just downloaded it with no problems! (now I just need my Wii to connect to the gosh darn internet >.>)
guess Ill just sit here popping bubbles in the main menu until I get off my lazy butt and look at the password :3

Just downloaded it with no problems! (now I just need my Wii to connect to the gosh darn internet >.>)
guess Ill just sit here popping bubbles in the main menu until I get off my lazy butt and look at the password :3
Quick note. i tried omebrew 4 years ago and i was popping bubbles as well. internet is not required. What you should do (which i figured out after i bricked my old one) is make sure you have your home brew apps installed, or get the homebrew browser.

I usuly get my apps from wiibrew.org

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Back