What do you like about Animal Crossing?

• Thread starter Truninjajoe
  • Start date
Truninjajoe

Truninjajoe

Apples
Towns Folk
I never played the game so if it's a good game, convince me to play it.:)

The game is great! There aren't any missions, no tasks (accept paying your house off), no dying and having to struggle to beat a level.

Animal Crossing is the game to play to unwind and refresh after stressful games.

It follows real-time and life goes on in the game even if you aren't playing it. You could play it today make friends get an amazing town and not play for a couple of months or a year or two and play it again one day and have weeds everywhere, these strange fly plants, everyone moved out and new faces are everywhere and have your mailbox bursting with letters.

But in all seriousness, Animal Crossing is amazing, the music is not to loud the gameplay is relaxing, catching bugs, catching fish, finding fossils and every Saturday night listening to K.K. Slider sing songs.

I highly recommend the game.

Just remember no resetting I'd hate for Resetti to scream your ears off.

The animals and as Jeff said gotta h8 Resetti

This game is great just to relax and unwind a bit. This game is basically like a Sandbox, except you can't spawn anything without hacking it. The only main goal is to make your town look pretty and make everyone happy. Luckily, you can take as long as you want, and Isabelle or any of your villagers will complain about it.

I like the fact that I can do what I want lol I especially liked shaking fruit off trees/seashell collecting when I first started.

I love Animal Crossing New Leaf. It is easily my favourite game on my 3DS and the one that I have put the most hours into. I personally love it because I mean... you can't really lose, haha. I'm pretty bad at games, and I personally don't enjoy playing incredibly challenging ones as I play games simply to relax not to prove to myself I'm good at games, if that makes sense. Animal Crossing New Leaf is extremely casual.

I love how open it is. I mean, yes, there are some restrictions because the developers can't help that, but there is still quite a bit you have control over.

You can (sort of) pick how your town looks. I mean you have to choose from already created maps, you can't design your layout from the ground up. BUT! I am glad that the game didn't just give *one* map layout and make everyone use it. I like that people can have towns with lots of ponds, or one pond. A curvy river that splits the town more diagonally/vertically in half or more horizontally in half. I like how you can plant trees, bushes, pick where your house goes, pick what your house looks like, customize the inside of your house with furniture to your liking, pick where Public Work Projects go (unless of course, Isabelle doesn't like your placement :p) you can put paths in your town or you can not have paths, it's up to you. You can design your own paths or find ones online. You can design clothes for your character, get designs online, or just buy clothing from the shops. If you put in the effort you can fiddle with where villagers put their house (it's a bit of a hassle but it can be useful).

I also like how everything can be done at your own pace. If you want to live in a one bedroom house for four months, Tom Nook has no problem with that. He won't track you down for a house payment. :p If you want to leave the museum empty and fossil-less, bug-less, fish-less and without art, you can do that. Blathers won't pester you about it. You don't *have* to do anything. You can do everything at your own pace, it's relaxing. You can just wander around town talking to villagers and doing them favours all day (okay, not all day, as this game kind of runs out of things for you to do haha I mean I have played it for hours on end but that's generally when I'm first starting out and just working on how the town looks), or you could spend the day fishing and catching bugs, there isn't a wrong way to play the game.

Keep in mind, however, that this is a game that benefits from you checking it daily. Villagers can (and will) move in/move out without notice. Weeds will pop up and flowers will wilt (I have a beautiful town ordinance set so flowers dying isn't that big of an issue and I don't get many weeds), you will also miss some events. The games celebrates holidays like Halloween, Christmas, New Years, etc and then they also hold little in game things like fishing contests, bug contests, and so on.

I really love the game. I've had it for... two or so years now? And I still play it a ton. It's well worth the money in my opinion. However folks like @Spinnerweb disagree. :p

Reactions: 18
The game is great. It is so relaxing and you can't lose in it. It i a really creative game and you can decide for yourself how your town is going to look. You can designe everything however it pleases you ,like your house where you can decorate every room with other furniture.

It also has a multiplayer function and it is really fun to play with other peoples.
One of the most hardest things in the game is to complete everything like catching all the bugs and fishs. That means you can spend a lot of time in the game.

There are also many more options in the game like shopping,making friends,going to an island for minigames and many more options.

It really is a nice game and I hope you will decide to buy it to experience it yourself.:cat:

Gotta play it with friends or else it gets boring real quick with constantly doing manual labor and paying off loans

Reactions: G MAN
I like Animal Crossing because it's relaxing. After a tough day at school or work (or both), there's nothing better that taking a long, hot bath, fetching yourself some snacks and playing Animal Crossing.

Gotta play it with friends or else it gets boring real quick with constantly doing manual labor and paying off loans

I completely agree. Back when it played the game heavily, it was the people I played with who made me want to perpetually play. I have the game on right now and it's just not the same playing by myself.

It's like a sweet escape from fighting bosses, solving mysteries, and every other genre out there. I love this franchise to death. I've spent at leat 100 hours playing New Leaf, and I still ebjoy playing even after having the game since April. I've been playing these games since 2009 when I got ACWW for my 10th birthday.

Animal Crossing is a game, like everyone already said, to refresh your mind and a game you don't have to struggle to fight bosses. It is a game you will start playing and you won't realize for how long you have been playing. You shold definitely get it!

It is a game you don't HAVE TO spend time on but you can if you want. It will waste your time like a Final Fantasy game (If you ever played 7 that is). It gives you small task like things to do and there is so much you can do aside from that. You have to pay rent/mortgage and gives you an escape from reality. Decorate your home and make it the best you can. Buy random junk that you will bury in the ground. Dig up that same piece of junk as you try to bury more junk. Or if you're sensible, just sell your garbage. It is limitless with the possibilities you can make for your second life.

The main thing i love about animal crossing is the non-linier-ness in the game, because you can do so much and you are never required to do anything in the game. I also feel so much accomplishment in the game, like i have never felt so satisfied in any game like i am in animal crossing new leaf, because getting so many bells after working for like 30 minutes just feels so amazing! Not to mention you can make your town look beatiful, along with your house. You can play with friends! you can fish, catch bugs, swim, and even collect fossils, then sell them or donate them to your museum!

I love the peace and relaxation you get from this game, it's quite bright as a game and like I said very relaxing.

Although this is quite old, I'd like to reply :3. I love the game because it gives you a sense of power in which you can customize your town. It's very relaxing, like you can catch fish or bugs for the museum or to sell. I really like landscaping stuff, so I tend to just plant trees and make pathways to go everywhere. I'm currently working on a bamboo and cedar tree forest \o/

It's so good it's like harvest moon and Sims combined

It's one of my ffavorite games ever you should try it it is awesome
And just plain good and you should play it

The game is so great! You should totally get it! You can pretty much experience weather you may or may not have seen. I also highly recommend getting it because it is just a relaxing game! So yeah get it and maybe I'll let you come visit! Let me know!

The game isn't bad, but it isn't my taste. There's no task, no challenge, just relaxation, which I do not like since it's became so borrig to me really soon. I didn't fell like I was having fun just exploring. But if you like just relaxing get the game again not a bad game, just not for a person who wants a challenge and especially not for a person who isn't pacient.

Back