What do you like the most about the switch?

• Thread starter swift789
  • Start date
swift789

swift789

Hero of Hyrule
Towns Folk
We just got a bucket load of information about the switch so what is so far your favourite concept/game/feature? I'm looking forward to the portability, super mario Odyssey, LOZ breath of the wild and the online chat feature.

I love how it retains and enhances touch and motion controls, the whole device is a perfect balance of features and power (motion controls better than Wii's, touch controls better than DS', better rumble than GameCube, more powerful than Wii U, most likely better online than 3DS and Wii U due to paid service, etc) all on a portable package that can still be played on TV.

It really seems to have the best of all worlds, and furthermore, the library is nigh-guaranteed to be the best of any single platform Nintendo has developed, by virtue of being their only focus, and yet still being ridiculously powerful for a portable device (the 3DS had all their focus for this year, but it's severely underpowered)

I love that it's basically not bound to a stationary play area. People keep talking about the Switch being underpowered compared to the PS4 and Xbone, which I find true albeit irrelevant; the fact that we're able to play console-level games while on the go at all is pretty impressive in my opinion.

Secondary reason towards its portability, when it comes to these later handhelds I'm interested in how exactly large of a library of older games we're able to squeeze into them, official or otherwise. (This is in large part as to why I enjoy the 3DS. 3 N64 remakes, 1 PS2 remake, 1 Wii remake, 3 Wii U ports, S/NES, Game Gear and Gameboy/ Color VC titles. And even then there's plenty of other noteworthy titles originating from the 3DS.)

The Switch having average console horsepower that should at least be better than the Wii U, it gives the system a lot of options. Being able to take that list on the go makes it all the better.

Well, I am going to say something that probably most people don´t like, but I was not impressed by the legend of zelda. Let me get this through, I said this because I already knew the game was going to be showcased at the presentation and it is a really good game as well. What it really got my interest was the new super mario game tráiler and to be honest I want to get my hands on it right now! The different modes are amazing, I mean, what other device lets you do what the swich does?

I like the fact you can bring console games like splatoon 2 and Mario kart 8 with you where ever you go. I also like the fact that Nintendo is not doing region lock on the system to let people to play Japanese only games.

I like the entire concept about the system, and I couldn't say enough good about the direction that Nintendo is taking it. Not only are they reinventing their console, but they are also reinventing the franchises that actually make Nintendo what it is. The new motion controls are far superior than those found on the WiiU, and the HD rumble is a neat bonus too.

Back