What do you think about amiibos?

• Thread starter GameGirlAS9990
  • Start date
GameGirlAS9990

GameGirlAS9990

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
Nintendo makes a lot of amiibos. It's kinda funny cuz they even created a splatoon amiibos as well. That kinda shows that they really want money. What do you think about amiibos?

Even though it's true that Nintendo's getting a ton of money from Amiibos, I believe they're a fun feature. Especially if you're a collector of all things Nintendo and gaming. It's a unique feature which adds various things in your game and you can even use it with multiple games, which is also pretty cool because it means you don't have to buy different amiibos for different games.

Reactions: GameGirlAS9990
Ok

In my opinion, amiibos are wonderful. They are really cool to collect, and has cool features in some games. Nintendo has already made a lot of Money because of them, and they will most likely continue to do it. I personally like that they make amiibos for characters that are not in smash.

Oh ok

Amiibos are really a nice move by Nintendo and I think that it is doing very good and they are fun to collect ^^
I believe that Amiibos are cool nice and different approach that Nintendo took and they are doing well . I hope that it continues to do well :D

I see amiibos as "physical DLCs", and honestly, while they're a bit expensive (or just too expensive because of how rare they are), I think it's still a good deal since they work on multiple games, even though some only have read-only access to it to unlock content (MK8/HW, maybe Splatoon will be RO as well, since it only unlocks missions).

So, honestly, if they weren't that rare, that'd be even better. But unfortunately, as everybody knows, nothing can stop speculators, and Nintendo just doesn't want to help customers. (Proof? We've got no restock on amiibos since last month. Ike/MegaMan/King DeDeDe/Sonic are easy to find here, but most of the others are as if they never were released.)

I think there awesome! Being able to train your own fighters and making them how you want is crazy! I cant wait to use them on my 3ds xl so ima buy the amiibo thingy (when it comes out) and a link amiibo, And train it to be the best it can!

Amiibos are more like collectables to me. They may be cool, but I know some people who say that the 13 dollar price tag isn't worth it for something that has no purpose. They even said that they would not blow their money on something like that. That is their perspective, but I just want a Mega Man amiibo.

Reactions: Giygas
I think Amiibos are cool things that you can collect, but i just don't want to buy them. Instead of spending money on games I would rather buy a virtual console game or something else. I doesn't feel like something I can use, it just feels like something you collect.

Amiibo are the physical form of all adult gamer's childhood dreams. They are very detailed and look amazing to showcase on shelves, whether boxed or unboxed. Amiibo haven't even been out for a full year, yet some of them are worth so much money, especially the ones that have yet to release!

I like the concept of using them within games such as Smash U, but I don't see myself buying a single one, because I think they're overpriced (at least where I live) and I see them as a perk/extra which isn't really necessary to fully enjoy a game. They look cool, but not awesome enough to purchase. :p

Nintendo makes a lot of amiibos. It's kinda funny cuz they even created a splatoon amiibos as well. That kinda shows that they really want money. What do you think about amiibos?
I think they make great novelty items. It's just like Trophies from Smash Bros, they're fun to collect.

Amiibos are cool and I think their fun to collect and have I don't usually collect things but when I do I love looking back at them and feeling nostalgic. I know one day that the amiibos will be sought as a collectors item one day and cost lots of money, like the GameCube games and other old things out there.

They can be considered money-makers for nintendo, but soon they will be our own money makers, one day they will be a sought out collectors items and the prices will rocket. Any amibbos you do have, you should hold on to, any deals you see, get it at first glace.

I don't actually have a Wii you or the new Nintendo 3DS so I won't be getting any amiibos anytime soon, but I think they are a really cool concept for certain games to have a certain unlockable's and being able to play as that certain character.

They are absolutely annoying since they ruin the portability of the 3DS. I don't mid having to buy a figure to unlock features but it is annoying to always have to use the amiibo each time you want to use those features, and that's the case in Smash.

I like the concept of amiibos, it's great that they unlock bonus content in games, whether they be your fighting buddy in smash, a mii racing suit in mario kart, new characters for hyrule warriors, of special abilities for kirby and the rainbow curse. Amiibos are great, now if only they weren't so scarce....

i like ammibos but nintendo just based them off of skylanders. i think that it is cool that you can use your amiibo in many nintendo games. it is very cool and i suggest amiibos for anybody who loves nintendo!

I think that amiibos were some of Nintendo's best (and most lucrative) ideas in at least the last decade. I mean, who doesn't want highly-detailed figures of your favorite characters that can also interact with the games you play? Albeit, some of the amiibos don't look all that good, especially some of the newer BoTW ones...

Back