Fantasy Life What do you think about Fantasy Life 3ds?

• Thread starter Lonqu11
  • Start date
Lonqu11

Lonqu11

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I've been thinking of buying this game when i saw it passing by the store. It kinda has a cute feature into it, but seems kind of a short-easy game. What do you guys think? Have you played it?

You don't even imagine how easy. Every time there is a fight in the story mode, you have the choice to skip it.
But I wouldn't call that game short. Every dialogue lasts more than 10 minutes, so the story mode is very long to get through, just because of that.

Apart from those two things I don't like, it's a great game. Nice RPG with customisation, several classes with no restrictions, playable with friends (we managed to get a character to Legend Paladin in 7 hours with the help of a friend :p), etc...

Sounds like fun. Probably gonna put this on my list. I just hope it's not one of those repetitive games. I get quite bored of those easily. I also notice in the trailer that it looks similar to harvest moon. I love game. <3

It's a blast. With twelve lives too choose from it turns into a blast. The story-mode was funny, but rather pointless. They put it there to put it there. The only reason you do it is too unlock new area. Though, once done with all the story-mode, there's nothing too do. You can earn lunare coins (with DLC), and level up your job level (which gets o-most impossible), but that's it. Multiplayer is fun, but a voice-chat missed online multiplayer, causing poor communication. Other then that, a blast (until you win).

8/10

I believe that Fantasy Life was one of the funnest games that you can play . There is a sort of replay value and extra things to do so I give it that . There is also an option to buy a DLC to expand to game as well as online multiplayer to make the game very fun to play with others

The games very great :D

Reactions: 532
It's a funny game but after Story is very boring.

I like Fantasy Life a lot, it has a good amount of humour as well as a nice storyline. I also really liked the combat system: It's simple and easy to pick up, but there are a lot of skills to learn and perfect. Not to mention that every combat class has a different strengths and weaknesses.
Post-game, there are a lot of things to do, even sans DLC. Max out all jobs, complete all sidequests, defeat all bosses, do the Ancient Ruins.

Fantasy Life is a good 3DS game, big land and good story line.

I like it how the game has a huge map. The only thing I don't like is the lacks of story boss battles and difficulty. I wish the game's mobs can level up with you so you will always have a good challenge. They should have tried making a pho kne too. That would be interesting

The fact it was behind the same crew, who did Yokai Watch (Level 5) Got me interested.
Despite that, it's a cute game, with many activities to keep you busy.

For me, the best part about it was being a "Fisherman" job/role.
Spotting the fish, then reeling them in, is its own reward.

Fantasy Life was pretty good, I was really impressed by it! It has a lot of good classes, giving it a lot of replay value. Though, it is kind of easy, as you can skip certain fights and such. I really like the story and artstyle, though! It's such a cute game, and the characters are very admirable! I'd definitely recommend you get it! :D

Reactions: MuffinLad
So far I really like it - I started as the merc, and already I'm in love with my own girl-character. (Is that normal? I feel like it is, but I dunno.)

I quite like the characters thusfar, their designs and their personalities fit right in with this whimsical world. And its gameplay is so varied, I'll no-doubt be busy doing one thing or another.

And its gameplay is so varied
Not to deter you from playing that game but once you need "high rank" armor, you'll need to craft them with materials you need to craft from materials you need to craft from materials you need to harvest etc, and you'll see that some harvesting classes and some artisan classes share gameplay and can get boring when all you wanted was 1 armor -.-
Maybe you'll like it too, but that's also when friends and siblings can be great to have, each of you just doing for example 1 harvesting class and 1 artisan class and helping each other getting what they can't :D

Reactions: spagooti
...you'll need to craft them with materials you need to craft from materials you need to craft from materials you need to harvest etc...
My above comment was sparse. I just think I'll have a lot to do, and I haven't gotten outta Castele's back-yard yet.

Now when you talk siblings helping each other, that sounds like a two-console-two-copies kind of thing. I don't quite like that, because my brother is right here, the 3DS is right there, and his character is a chef on another file on the same game. Does it count when the artisan/whatever is on the same single copy? Or is the online co-op more exciting than I think it is?

My above comment was sparse. I just think I'll have a lot to do, and I haven't gotten outta Castele's back-yard yet.

Now when you talk siblings helping each other, that sounds like a two-console-two-copies kind of thing. I don't quite like that, because my brother is right here, the 3DS is right there, and his character is a chef on another file on the same game. Does it count when the artisan/whatever is on the same single copy? Or is the online co-op more exciting than I think it is?
Ah, well yeah then, you're not done with that game anytime soon :p

And yeah, unfortunately I was talking about some "two-console-two-copies kind of thing"... Not sure how you like multiplayer but it added a lot of replay value to Fantasy Life when I used to play it. Instead of having finished the story and not having any will to do anything, with a friend, we would just go on a random dungeon with hard monsters and try our best to finish it, which would be very boring alone (because you die every minute) but not together (because one can revive another). And when we both got the DLC, we had other dungeons to die in so that was even more exciting :p

But yeah, if you only have one console, you won't be able to do any of that.

Reactions: MindzEye
Ah, well yeah then, you're not done with that game anytime soon :p

And yeah, unfortunately I was talking about some "two-console-two-copies kind of thing"... Not sure how you like multiplayer but it added a lot of replay value to Fantasy Life when I used to play it. Instead of having finished the story and not having any will to do anything, with a friend, we would just go on a random dungeon with hard monsters and try our best to finish it, which would be very boring alone (because you die every minute) but not together (because one can revive another). And when we both got the DLC, we had other dungeons to die in so that was even more exciting :p

But yeah, if you only have one console, you won't be able to do any of that.
Oh I got 3DSs like it's a condition. However, buying another copy is a little rich for my blood. (I'm loyal to amazon.com, and have had bad experiences elsewhere. This game was about thirty dollars, and I ain't sure getting any more than just the DLC would be worth it.)

Hey wait a minute, there are Fantasy Life players in this site, and I know some of them!
:singing:Hallelujah!

Reactions: Hayleia
It was my first 3ds game an I wasnt disapponted in it

I really enjoy it~! Still play it a lot in fact~! :) It's my go to game when I need something to keep my hands occupied while listening to music. It's nice to just slay a dragon or two every once in a while. The story line was a lot of fun and really cute~! :) I will admit...I did not like the Alchemist, Cook, and Tailor Hero Class tasks though...(Seriously getting each crafting skill to level 15 is really hard!) Other than that it's pretty great!

I played it three times and think that the story is too short to my tastes, they should have given it more stories to do so the players can play a bunch of them to have an adventure, give them new places to visit then just 10 really, it would have made the game better now when the story is done the players either reset to play again or just get all of the lives to max to get all of the rewards really.

to me I just stopped playing to paly my other games since they got out to my eyes

I've never played it, because in the trailers, it was revealed that really, you can only do things specific to your class. You want to mine a mineral? Well, you can't, 'cause you're not a miner. You're a miner now? Great! You can't do anything else, though.

Like, ???
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the lack of things you can do seem like they'll be more of an annoyance than the one thing you're able to do as any single class.

I'm used to Rune Factory 4, where you can fish, craft, forge, cook, gather, chop lumber, and mine all in the same day. And you're not required to "switch classes" or whatever. You're just you. And you do things.

So, I vote nay on this game (and seeing as no one's posted in this section of the forum since last year, it seems the game is about as good as I expected it to be)

Back